PDA

View Full Version : TS Suggestions

shortcake311
06-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Okay, since this has become a bit overwhelming, cause there are too many places I want to try I was hoping for a bit of help. This is where I am going no matter what, so I was looking for other suggestions please. We're staying 7 nights on a Deluxe, so we have a lot of meals to play around with. I know the night of our anniversary we're going to dinner at Medieval Times.

Chef Mickey for Anniversary Breakfast
Garden Grill for Dinner
Chefs de France for Lunch
Crystal Palace for Dinner
Luau for Arrival night Dinner

I would like to try another TS breakfast, but not necessarily a buffet. I was also thinking maybe a TS lunch. If you happen to have QS suggestions too that's great. We're staying at Pop. Thanks so much!! :D:mickey:

DisneyMom12
06-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Columbia Harbor House in MK, and The Earl of Sandwich in DTD are great QS places.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2011, 05:43 PM
What about Ohana's? If you are on Deluxe dining, I would take the opportunity to try some Signature dining like California Grill or Narcossees

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Some of our favorites are not on your list.

Kona Cafe is a wonderful, non buffet, breakfast option. So, so good!

For dinner our absolute favorite is Ohana's.

Other lunch and/or dinner locations that we love are Kona Cafe (we love both breakfast and dinner here), Whispering Canyon Cafe, California Grill, Chefs de France, Sci Fi, Yak and Yeti, Grand Floridian Cafe, Cape May Cafe, Beaches N Cream and Yachtsman Steakhouse. There are others that we like, but those are some of our favorites!

Some CS options that we also enjoy are Wolf Gang Puck Express at DTD, Yak and Yeti, Sunshine Season at Epoct, as well as most of the World Showcase CS locations in Epcot, Gasparilla Grill at Grand Floridian, Earl of Sandwhich at DTD, and Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom.

There is so much to choose from!

Jillirose
06-23-2011, 07:29 PM
We love Via Napoli and Coral Reef. We also love SciFi and San Angel Inn for nostalgic meals. :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
06-23-2011, 08:02 PM
My favorite breakfast has been Kona lately. Liberty Tree Tavern in MK has a nice lunch. What are you looking for regarding CS. Lunch/dinner? and what park?

shortcake311
06-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions thus far! I really appreciate it. In regard to these meals I'm up for anything, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Right now I know our anniversary breakfast is at Chef Mickey as I had said and MT for dinner, but we're looking for something not too stuffing for lunch. I think we'll be doing the Behind the Scene tour at AK, so I guess anything there would be ideal. :-)

Jared
06-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I assume you have a car, which makes everything much easier.

For the non-buffet breakfast, I recommend Kouzzina on the BoardWalk. The menu has a nice mix of traditional and creative offerings, the food is tasty, and the location is unbeatable. The restaurant has outdoor tables, which are a rarity at Disney restaurants. There's few things on vacation more pleasant than sitting outside, overlooking the Epcot resort area on a bright, sunny morning.

As for the lunch, have you considered Yak & Yeti at the Animal Kingdom? It's convenient to the safari tour, and it's one of the better restaurants in the theme parks.

Hope this helps!

shortcake311
06-23-2011, 09:57 PM
I assume you have a car, which makes everything much easier.

For the non-buffet breakfast, I recommend Kouzzina on the BoardWalk. The menu has a nice mix of traditional and creative offerings, the food is tasty, and the location is unbeatable. The restaurant has outdoor tables, which are a rarity at Disney restaurants. There's few things on vacation more pleasant than sitting outside, overlooking the Epcot resort area on a bright, sunny morning.

As for the lunch, have you considered Yak & Yeti at the Animal Kingdom? It's convenient to the safari tour, and it's one of the better restaurants in the theme parks.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! I have checked out Y&Y, but cannot remember too much, so I'm gonna go back and look some more. We do indeed have a car. :) My husband and I may seem crazy, but we drive the 1100 miles from NJ to Disney, then back of course. ;)

beksy
06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
I know what you mean about all of the dining options and is seeming overwhelming but one of my favorite parts of the trip is planning, especially dining! Since you are on the deluxe, I would do as a pp said and try out some of the signature restaurants. My favorites are Narcossees (very romantic location right on the water and we like to go when we can see Wishes. They play the music and hold your food so it is a different view. The water parade also goes by and is neat to watch.) My other favorite Signature restaurant is Yachtsman Steakhouse. I've only been there once but it was really nice and the service was fantastic. As for other restaurants, Kona is my all-time favorite for breakfast (Tonga Toast or Steak and Eggs = Yummy!) AND dinner (great steak and desserts). In AK, I enjoyed Yak and Yeti and Donald's breakfast at Tusker House. For a light lunch, I like The Plaza in the MK. It is mostly sandwiches but they are vey good and the desserts are great (love the banana split!). Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is a QS that is really good for breakfast or lunch with lots of options and a good place to wait for Soarin'. If I can help in any way, feel free to PM me.

Disney4us2
06-23-2011, 11:42 PM
While I have not had breakfast at these, I have had dinner.... Kona Cafe and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

For lunch... Yak and Yeti all the way. :thumbsup: Love the steak and shrimp meal and the fried cream cheese wontons with vanilla sauce and ice cream for dessert:cloud9::cloud9:

mechanic
06-24-2011, 03:06 AM
mk. columbia harbor house. pecos bills. tonys. crystal palace.
epcot. le cellier.
ak. y&y
ds. nothing
all time favorite...calif grill

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Kona...its the best breakfast we've had on property yet...sorry I forgot to mention CS....Flame Tree BBQ-AK, Wolfgang Puck Express-DTD and Starring Rolls-DHS are some of our favorites.

VWL Mom
06-24-2011, 08:03 AM
We enjoy having lunch on the patio at Tutto Italia. Being you're using DlxDP you can order some appy's and something light and just relax and people watch.

brivers222
06-24-2011, 11:39 AM
if you are looking for 1TS meals try these

Breakfast:
OHANA - Absolute favorite
Tusker House - gets fav reviews

Lunch:
50s Prime Time - Chicken or potroast anyone?
Whispering Canyon - Love me some skillet!
Now if you are looking for some fine dining 2TS wise here is what we choose

Narcoosee (during fireworks)
California Grill (during fireworks)