PDA

View Full Version : Twins birthday celebration and a trip full of firsts! part 6, final day

disneymomma2010
06-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Day 5, last day, MK

Today we had planned to go to Epcot and had ressies later for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, another first. We decided to go back to MK today since we missed so many of our favorites on our first day. I really wanted DH and my boys to ride splash mountain and thundermountain for the first time. So I went to the front desk at POR to see what ressies were available near MK today. The problem was Akershus has a cancelation policy that would charge my credit card if we cancelled within 24 hours! The CM tried and tried and some how go me out of the $100+ cancellation fee. I was so greatful. So then she helped me choose a new ressie, which was for Trail's End restaurant, another first. I wasn't sure about it but there weren't many options available.

So we headed off to MK. Our first ride was Buzz. We wanted to get this out of the way first to prevent anymore drama! The line wasn't as long today. Mk was half as crowded as it was on our first day and we breezed through the rides pretty easily. Next we rode the Jungle cruise, and then Pirates. Hunter sung yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me the whole time we were in line but when we were on the boat he was scared to death and hid his eyes! Ethan loved it. Next we rode splash mountain. Dh and Hunter's first time. They loved it, of course. Poor MIL lost her hat during the ride, it flew right off her head. The ride had alot of delays and "technical difficulties". I hated that this was my DH's first experience but he like it anyway despite the delays. Next we rode big thunder mountain. This was a first for DH and the boys. Hunter love it, Ethan was terrrified. If you can't tell by now, Hunter likes the fast rides and Ethan hates them, but Ethan likes the slow, in the dark rides and Hunter is scared of them. :crazy: Next we enjoyed one of our favorites, country bear jamboree. Then against the boy's wishes, we went to the Haunted Mansion. DH said "They'll be alright." Ok, if you say so! Of course, they were scared to death! Afterwards we ate another great lunch at the Columbia Harbor House.

Next we went to it's a small world. While we were waiting in line Ethan was looking at the water down below and his glasses fell right off his face! I was so upset because i did not bring a backup pair for him on our trip. We got a CM's attention and she got one of those pole grabby things and we all tried and could not get them! She told us to go ahead on our ride and she would have them for us when it was over. It was a little hard to enjoy the ride because I was worried the whole time. I don't know how they got them but when we got off they were right there waiting for us! I was so relieved.

So then we went and stood in line forever for Peter Pan's Flight, another first. We enjoyed it but I couldn't understand why the line was always so long. We have never rode it before because of the wait times. Next we rode Snow whites scary adventure for the first time. Hunter was scared to death, Ethan liked it. :)

Some time during the day they had the celebrations parade. Woody, one of the boy's biggest heros, grabs the boys and pulled them into the parade and danced with them and walked them around the parade! This experience alone was worth us changing our plans today.

After a full day of fun we left Mk because they were closing early for the mnsshp and rode a boat to the Fort Wilderness campground for our ressies. We had such a nice boat ride. We had a nice dinner at trail's end, even though we probably won't be going back there for a while. It was a little more rustic than I was wanting out of a TS restaurant.

The next morning we checkout of our beloved POR and headed to the beach for a few days. We had a great family vacation. The boys will never forget that birthday. We had so much fun that I already have us another birthday trip booked for this october.:secret: This time Im keeping it a secret from the boys. I hope you enjoyed my first trip report! Thanks for reading!

brian2000boston
06-23-2011, 02:31 PM
thanks for sharing, it was fun to read about your trip!

KylesMom
06-23-2011, 02:35 PM
That was very nice of the CM to assist you in finding an alternate dining location, while somehow managing to waive the cancellation fees at Akershus. :thumbsup: for her!

Isn't it amazing how different an experience the parks can be with lower crowds? Sounds like everyone had an absolute blast today. It's cute that your boys, although twins, have totally opposite likes & dislikes. I bet that's a challenge for you - especially outside of Disney!

Even though your trip was many months ago, you did a great job of reliving it for us. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hear how the surprise trip this October turns out! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the reports

faline
06-23-2011, 06:39 PM
What a wonderful Magic Kingdom day! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Hog
06-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Hearing about your twins magical birthday time gets me excited for my daughters birthday trip!

disneymomma2010
06-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Your welcome!:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2:

January-2007
07-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks for reporting.

princessgirls
07-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks for reporting on your Magical trip!! I enjoyed your reports!

Julie:mickey:

Mackflava99
07-13-2011, 02:56 PM
its so great to see you got the glasses back..

Also, I feel the same about Trails end, its good but just not the same level as other TS choices. I do enjoy it a s a way to get a break from the crowds , and also for spending time at FW which has alot of things to do that people are not usually aware of.

Joannelet
07-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Maybe we will see you in October! We will be there the last week for my Dad's 70th birthday! Thanks for the wonderful reports! What a great trip!

disneymomma2010
07-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Maybe we will see you in October! We will be there the last week for my Dad's 70th birthday! Thanks for the wonderful reports! What a great trip!

Wow, happy birthday dad! Maybe we will! Just look for a couple with twin boys, one with blonde, one with brown hair, and the mom looks very wore out by them!