PDA

View Full Version : SCORE!! Southwest renews my faith!

luvDaMouse
06-23-2011, 10:51 AM
I went online yesterday and re-booked my mine and my dh flights down and got 60.00 in credits (30each) flights went to 80.00 for their birthday sale. I checked at that time for our returning flights, nothing still 247.00 I figured what the heck even if I book another airline I still have the credits for next year. Then this morning I went on the site and checked again because I heard the sale was only going to be until today and BAM! They dropped to 80.00!!! :joy: I booked all four of us and applied my credits and our price was 302.00!! I am sure glad I didn’t book with USA air over the weekend!:) It pays to be patient and keep watching :yay::woohoo:

princessgirls
06-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Glad you got such terrific fares!!!

Great!

Julie:mickey:

Hog
06-23-2011, 11:55 AM
WOW! Thanks for the post. I was originally planning on driving, but if I can move my reservation dates up one day I can get these cheap flights as well, I am keeping my fingers crossed!

mdricks
06-23-2011, 12:04 PM
I hope they do this for me... I got a great flight down but they havet budged on flights back. 8 flights that day and 6 of them are max fare.

I may be coming back on air-tran (owned by swa, what sense does that make)

Or perhaps I will just stay a day more and catch the red eye $80 the next morning! If I gota spend $330 I would rather it be on a room at WDW than a bag of stale peanuts.

:thumbsup:

Hog
06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Does anyone think Disney will allow me to bump my reservations up 1 day so i can take advantage of these flights? I haven't paid yet, just my $200 reservation fee.

wildernesslady
06-23-2011, 01:30 PM
We took advantage of the $80 fares also for our October trip. Southwest usually does come through, and i like that they have a no penalty cancellation/change policy.

Hog
06-23-2011, 02:21 PM
I got my dates changed for my trip, and booked a flight for less than I figured it would cost my family of 3 to drive! What a great deal. If I would have purchased tickets 2 months ago when I booked my trip I would have wasted $500. Thanks to the OP for pointed out this deal to me, today is the last day southwest is running the sale!

MuchLovedMama
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Does anyone think Disney will allow me to bump my reservations up 1 day so i can take advantage of these flights? I haven't paid yet, just my $200 reservation fee.

It's probably not a problem but they may have to just add a 1 night stay onto the front of your package depending on the details of you package. We've had to do that before and you just need to check out and check right back in the following morning. They'll tell you they can't guarantee the same room but we didn't have a problem with any of the 3 rooms that our group had. Good luck!

ledudes
06-23-2011, 07:14 PM
We took advantage of the $80 flights too. I had already booked a one way on Jet Blue for $99 and I was just watching and waiting for the times we wanted to go down in price and they finally did. We ended up with Jet blue on eway and Southwest the other, but arrive nice and early and leave late.

egospotter
06-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks soooo much for posting this OP. Made me head over to SW.com yesterday and I took advantage of the sale as well!

brivers222
06-24-2011, 11:43 AM

We just found amazing delta prices and had to arrive a day early and stay a day later... Magical Journeys got our ressie switched with disney no problems

Wright46
06-24-2011, 02:29 PM
I've been reluctant to fly southwest ever since some of their planes started growing sunroofs.

EJS-Houston
06-24-2011, 03:04 PM
I did the same thing...got in on the very last day of the sale and got my DisneyWorld flight round trip for less than $200, only non-stops at the exact times I wanted. I'm giddy.

DizRunner
06-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Just curious...for everyone who got these great deals with SW, how close are you to your travel dates?

I'm going in January '12 and wondering how long I should wait for a great deal. Or should I try to find something fairly decent now (around $130 one way)?

Thanks!

JoshGrobanfan
06-27-2011, 12:26 AM
Just curious...for everyone who got these great deals with SW, how close are you to your travel dates?

I'm going in January '12 and wondering how long I should wait for a great deal. Or should I try to find something fairly decent now (around $130 one way)?

Thanks!

We had only been talking about going to Disney this fall, so we didn't/don't have a room booked yet. We went ahead and took advantage of the great deal from SW and will be going in October. It helped a great deal with the decision making process! :D

luvDaMouse
06-27-2011, 02:42 PM
If you know your dates start looking as soon as the flights open up. They are booking now through Jan 6, 2012. If you find a flight that seems like a good price go ahead and book it. I usually only book my departing flight. Then keep watching the flights, if the price goes down I rebook and use the credits towards my return flight, Unless of course I get an amazing deal when I first start looking this is how I do it. I have been successful most of the time; you just have to be patient and don’t panic as it gets closer. I booked my departing flight back in March, and my return flight just last week! :)

DizRunner
06-27-2011, 05:49 PM
If you know your dates start looking as soon as the flights open up. They are booking now through Jan 6, 2012. If you find a flight that seems like a good price go ahead and book it. I usually only book my departing flight. Then keep watching the flights, if the price goes down I rebook and use the credits towards my return flight, Unless of course I get an amazing deal when I first start looking this is how I do it. I have been successful most of the time; you just have to be patient and don’t panic as it gets closer. I booked my departing flight back in March, and my return flight just last week! :)

Brilliant...just brilliant!! Thanks so much for that wonderful advice.