PDA

View Full Version : Twins birthday celebration and a trip full of firsts! part 4

disneymomma2010
06-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Day 3, Hollywood Studios

Off to Hollywood Studios today. We had 10:05 ressies for character breakfast at hollywood and vine. SIL really had to talk me into this one. We ate dinner here the year before and DH and I were not impressed. We thought it was way too overpriced for what it was. She promised the breakfast would be better so I let her have this one. We enjoyed ourselves afterall. The restaurant was not crowded at all, probably because our ressies were so late. The boys hugged every character that came around and got their autographs. They also dance and sang. Hollywood vine character breakfast was a hit!

The first thing we did after breakfast was head to toy story mania. We haven't been able to try this yet. I wanted to do alot of things this year that we have never done before. We go to get some fastpasses but they were already all out! So we had to wait and wait and wait. Hunter managed to get a nap during our wait because it was so long. Another hit! The boys loved it.

Then we headed to the Backlot tour. This is one of our favorites but SIL and BIL have never done it. So we go to get in line and guess what? They pull BIL out to be a "volunteer". He had no idea what was about to happen :secret:. He was the guy that they dump all of the water on! Classic! :funny:

Next we headed over to the Light, Motors, Action stunt show, another first for us. I made sure to check the times for it this year so we wouldn't miss it again. It was very interesting to see how the stunts are done. Another hit!

Afterward we ate lunch at ABC Commissary, another first. We enjoyed our meal. Then we watched the parade with the Pixar characters. The boys loved seeing woody and buzz. Afterwards we did the Great Move Ride, another first. Then we went to watch MIL's favorite, the Beauty and the Beast.

Now, what we did next was very important to me. In 2003 when I came with my mom we rode TOT for the first time and I loved it! I went home telling DH all about it and I told him I couldn't wait till he came to disney with me and would get to ride it with me. So when we went in 2009 I tried and tried and I couldn't get him on it.:( "I don't like free falls" he said. So this year I begged and begged and he said yes! :woohoo: So off we were to the TOT! He loved it! Yay! I was so glad to finally experience one of my favorite rides with DH.

Unfortunatly afterwards the wait for ASR was too long so we didn't get to ride it again this year because we had to get in line for fantasmic. So we had to miss that favorite, which I did get DH on the year before and he love it too. We got great seats for the fantasmic, right in the front. This was when I realized that I was going to let my hair go naturally curly for the rest of the trip because with the mists and the humidity I had curls i never knew about!

Tomorrow Animal kingdom...

KylesMom
06-23-2011, 01:10 PM
What a great day all around - from the enjoyment at H&V, right down to the end of the day & Fantasmic front-row seats. Love that you were able to experience ToT (my favorite) with your DH after all this time - and he liked it!

I hope your day at AK was as fab as this one was! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Sounds like a good day. What ride were you refering to as ASR?

brian2000boston
06-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Nice day, look forward to AK.

disneymomma2010
06-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Sounds like a good day. What ride were you refering to as ASR?

Sorry, aerosmith rollercoaster, I guess I didn't abbreviate it right lol

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2011, 05:39 PM
that's what I was thinking.....

faline
06-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Nice day!

pdrlkr
07-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2:

princessgirls
07-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Great Studios Day!!!!

Julie:mickey:

January-2007
07-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Joannelet
07-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Great day at the studios! My son loved H&V too. Great character interaction there. Glad your DH rode and enjoyed TOT with you!
So cool that your BIL got chosen as a volunteer on the BT! That must have been great!
Great report!