PDA

View Full Version : Got our Christmas ADRs!

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 09:14 AM
I got our resort, Wilderness Lodge, booked yesterday and got all our dining, plus the Fort Wilderness sleigh ride booked today! Here is what our ADRs look like.

Dec. 20 - Sleigh Ride 5:30 then Ohana's 7:35
Dec. 21 - Cali Grill 7:55 (Wishes at 10)
Dec. 22 - Liberty Tree Tavern 5ish (don't remember exact times)
Dec. 23 - Via Napoli 7ish
Dec. 24 - Cape May 7ish
Dec. 25 - Chef Mickey's 9am
Dec. 25 - Whispering Canyon Cafe 5ish
Dec. 26 - Whispering Canyon 8am for a good breakfast before we leave to drive home.

I've never had problems getting ADRs for our trips before, but was a tad bit worried since I was making Christmas Day reservations. I was able to get everything I wanted with my choice of times. It went just as smoothly as any other trip. Now I just have to wait 6 months for the trip to actually get here!

CajunDisneyDad
06-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Congrats :) I look forward to your post about the trip when it happens. That sleigh ride sounds interesting

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Excellent dining choices:mickey:

I would love to do the sleigh ride just don't see where I can fit it into our schedule:(

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Excellent dining choices:mickey:

I would love to do the sleigh ride just don't see where I can fit it into our schedule:(

I know, I thought about doing this on Christmas Eve or Christmas day, but I don't want either of those days to be too hectic. The idea is to have less stress, not more. LOL. We actually had this scheduled during a trip 7 years ago and ended up canceling because our youngest was just 2 at the time and it was bitter cold the night we were supposed to do it. So we are really looking forward to finally getting to experience this. We did the haunted carriage ride last Oct. and really enjoyed it. I hope we enjoy the Christmas one as much!

darthmacho
06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Nice! Looks like a great line-up, and sounds like it will be a wonderful trip.

Have a very Mickey Christmas! :mickey:

KylesMom
06-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Congrats on both getting WL and all of your ADRs booked. Major score - love 'em all! :mickey:

wildernesslady
06-23-2011, 01:21 PM
That's great. I know many love to go over Christmas, but I still can't convince my girls to try. The ones at home still are 20 and 25 and do not want to miss Santa. The WL is the perfect location for the holiday.

brivers222
06-23-2011, 02:02 PM
how much was the sleigh rides? and what times do run?

I am really wanting to do this!!

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 04:23 PM
how much was the sleigh rides? and what times do run?

I am really wanting to do this!!

The sleigh ride is $60 for a 25 minute ride, I know its kind of high, and the sleighs fit 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children. I think they run about every 30 minutes from 5:30 -10:30. I'm not sure of exact dates, but I seem to remember they start in late Nov.?? or first of Dec.??? and go till the New Year?? Something like that.

brivers222
06-23-2011, 04:26 PM
The sleigh ride is $60 for a 25 minute ride, I know its kind of high, and the sleighs fit 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children. I think they run about every 30 minutes from 5:30 -10:30. I'm not sure of exact dates, but I seem to remember they start in late Nov.?? or first of Dec.??? and go till the New Year?? Something like that.
Thanks! I called and got one booked for 7pm on 12/10/11.... perfect surprise for my new bride :)

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks! I called and got one booked for 7pm on 12/10/11.... perfect surprise for my new bride :)

Yay!!!! I hope you and your new bride enjoy it!

MinnieMommie
06-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Your trip and dining sounds perfect! Some of our dates overlap. We have never been for Christmas but get home in time for Christmas Eve when we go during the holidays (as we will this year).

You are inspiring me to book the sleigh ride. Might surprise the family and they will have you to thank! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Your trip and dining sounds perfect! Some of our dates overlap. We have never been for Christmas but get home in time for Christmas Eve when we go during the holidays (as we will this year).

You are inspiring me to book the sleigh ride. Might surprise the family and they will have you to thank! :mickey:

We have come home from WDW on Dec. 23rd once, but this time we want to be in WDW for Christmas! The whole family dynamics have become not so much fun for the holidays. Not that its awful, but kind of feels like your trying to please everyone when actually you can't fully please anyone! Know what I mean. So we've deicded to just do our own thing, with our own little family just this once.

I think surprising your family with the sleigh ride will be great. We've driven through, in our own car, at Fort Wilderness and the decorations at the campsites are so elaborate! Nothing like I'd ever seen before. It will be nice to do the sleigh ride, have someone else drive, so we can all enjoy the sights without one of us having to keep eyes on the road!

MinnieMommie
07-01-2011, 07:16 AM
I think it is so cool that you are gong away for the holidays with just your own family! I was never that brave and always tried to please so many people. My MIL is 100 (DH is next to youngest of a large family) and I told my family that as long as grandma is with us we will be spending all our holidays with her. We all bring her great happiness and it is different now than when the kids were young and we bounced back and forth each holiday trying to please both sides of the family. You have the right idea!

I think the sleigh ride will be a great surprise for my family. All 4 of my kids will be coming (and may be a couple of friends) so this will be a good family activity. Maybe we can eat at WL after...something else to add to the night. Thanks again for the tip! :mickey:

shan-ash
07-01-2011, 02:49 PM
great plans--esp. since we overlap some at the same resort and with doing the sleigh ride!! I booked it as a surprise for my uncle as he enjoys christmas yard decorations so much:cloud9:

ElenitaB
07-02-2011, 10:01 AM
What a great trip you have planned (well, except for one restaurant which is definitely NOT my favorite but to each their own, right? :blush: ).

Wilderness Lodge is probably my favorite resort to stay during the Christmas holidays. So cozy!

buzznwoodysmom
07-02-2011, 12:50 PM
What a great trip you have planned (well, except for one restaurant which is definitely NOT my favorite but to each their own, right? :blush: ).

Wilderness Lodge is probably my favorite resort to stay during the Christmas holidays. So cozy!

So which restaurant would that be??? I'm cruious to know!