PDA

View Full Version : Twins birthday celebration and a trip full of firsts! Part 1

disneymomma2010
06-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Cast members:
Me: Crystal
DH: Nathan
DS 7: Hunter
DS7: Ethan

MIL, SIL, BIL, neice, nephew

Introduction
I joined intercot last year after I decided I wanted to take my boys to WDW for their 7th birthday in october. I spent alot of time on intercot reading and researching because I wanted to know all I could before we went on our trip. I began reading trip reports and I got inspired to write my very own first trip report. So I took a journal with me and I never found time to even touch it! I figured when I got home that I could write it but things got busy and I never did. I just finished scrapbooking our trip and I have started reading trip reports again. I have really been enjoying reading about everyone's trips. So, asshamed that I never wrote mine, i'm going to attempt to do what I never did and write my report, 8 months later, from memory!

Background
I have been to WDW twice with my mom and sister, once when I was 12, and then again in 2003, right before I became pregant. My family's first trip together to WDW was in 2007, we rented a beach house with my husbands whole family and drove to disney on 2 seperate days during our trip. In 2009 SIL talked us into going with them again and we stayed at pop century. Fast forward to 2010. My twins were having a very rough year, alot of dr's appointments and sicknesses. They were premature and have had alot of problems. So, stressed out to the max, I told my husband (which is not a disney nut like me) that we are taking the boys to WDW during their birthday. I think it was around June when I decided this. So my husband not being sure said "well, I can't go without my family so see if they will go." My MIL was on board and my SIL but not BIL. So after trying and trying and trying I finally got BIL on board.
Yay! It's all set! We are going to WDW! I have already been researching and I decided just what resort (in my price range) that I wanted to stay in. I have always wanted to stay at the CBR. So I got SIL to agree and we were set. Well, I didnt research enough because MIL made them a family of 5 so we had to switch to POR. I was so upset, I was so excited to stay at the CBR and now I had to change my plans.
To be continued... Next day 1

KylesMom
06-23-2011, 08:42 AM
I can relate - while I always do a pre-trip about a week before we depart, and firmly believe I'll have time to follow through with reports, life gets in the way upon return to the real world.

I'm sure that your scrapbooking pages will help you to remember all of the memorable times you had last October. Looking forward to reading your adventures! :mickey:

faline
06-23-2011, 11:48 AM
I'll bet you found Port Orleans Riverside to be a very nice resort! To be honest, I prefer Riverside over Caribbean Beach resort - my personal opnion!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the report, sorry you didn't get the resort you wanted....

brian2000boston
06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Cant wait to see what happens. CBR is pretty but large and everything is a long walk!

DizNee143
06-23-2011, 08:28 PM
i completely understand..i have tried soo many times to write a trip report..and i managed to only do it once and that was back in 2006 for the first trip me and my hubby (boyfriend at the time) took together..
off to read more now :mickey:

disneymomma2010
06-26-2011, 09:24 PM
I can relate - while I always do a pre-trip about a week before we depart, and firmly believe I'll have time to follow through with reports, life gets in the way upon return to the real world.

I'm sure that your scrapbooking pages will help you to remember all of the memorable times you had last October. Looking forward to reading your adventures! :mickey:

The scrapbook pages really did help! I usually have a horrible memory but when it comes to disney surprisingly I remember so much!

pdrlkr
07-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2:

princessgirls
07-05-2011, 10:43 AM
You will see...the POR is just beautiful!!!

Thanks for reporting!

Julie:mickey:

January-2007
07-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks for reporting. Definitely better late than never. :mickey:

AgentC
07-08-2011, 07:45 AM
The scrapbook pages really did help! I usually have a horrible memory but when it comes to disney surprisingly I remember so much!

Scrapbooking sounds like a great idea. I always mean to but can never seem to find the time.

disneymomma2010
07-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Scrapbooking sounds like a great idea. I always mean to but can never seem to find the time.

You should try it. I just started a few months ago. There are great disney kits you can buy. It's really fun to relive the trip while you are doing it. I can't find time to do it too often either but when I do its relaxing.:thumbsup:

Mackflava99
07-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Its great to hear from parents of Twins, ours are 12 now, we have been bringing them to WDW since they were 4 .

I find they get some extra special treatment from CMs at meals etc-

Joannelet
07-13-2011, 02:42 PM
I haven't ever stayed at CBR but I have stayed at PORR and enjoyed it. Hope you enjoyed it too. Looking forward to your other reports :)