PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Fun and Flowers Day 7/Departure

Disney4us2
06-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Well better late than never. I better get the end of this TR done before I start my pre trip report for August.

As a refresher:
Cast:
Me Marci
my DD Jessica 11
DF Pat
Pat's DD Maddie 12
POFQ Spring break 4/16-23

We got up early, finished packing. I took one suitcase to RAC to be wieghed. Quite a sight with me pulling my case while riding a scooter. Good thing it was early in the morning and nobody was out yet.

With cases packed and ready for bell services we said goodbye to our friends. Pat and Maddie had an earlier flight to thier destination than we did. They just took thier time and hung around the hotel.

After Jessica and I did our RAC, we checked our carry on's with bell services. We usually end the last day (flight at 7pm) at MK, but Jessica wanted to go to Epcot.

That was fine with me, since that is my favorite park. She had a motive though. We finally got to go through Bambi's butterfly house. While walking in the area we were given packets of flower seeds and an applesauce in a pouch.

We made our last trip on Test Track and head over to China Pavillion. Jessica had to take another look at the marionettes there. We spent a lot of time there for her to choose the right one. We had lunch at the CS in china. It was ok, kind of reminded me of Panda Express. There was no line so timing was great.

We took our time looking at all the great topiaries on our way out to the bus. I really liked ending our park visit with Epcot.

Once back at the hotel, Jessica used up the last of the snack credits with an ice cream cone and a cookie for later.

DME was a nice ride back, no problems. Took a while going through TSA with the long line for strollers/wheelchairs. I didn't know it until we got home that Jessica had the applesauce in her carry on. OOPS I guess TSA let it go by. I had to wait a while while they swabbed my scooter. We are finally on the way to the gate.

When I was able to talk to an agent about loading my scooter I made sure to let them know all about how the agents at LAX blundered on getting my scooter loaded. (I used family friendly language for the report;)) I finally was able to get through to them and saw one of the agents take my scooter and then saw the scooter being loaded on the plane. Whooohooo, I had my wheels with me.

The plane trip back was uneventful. I wish I could say the same for our shuttle back home. They forgot to order the handicapped van..WHAT!!!!:mad: After waiting over an hour they put me on a regular van, which meant I had to break down the scooter. No biggie. Then they told me.... after everything was loaded that it would be another $35.00 because it was not a shared ride. I prepaid for a handicapped shared van. I told the guy to call his supervisor and tell them that I was not going to pay for thier mistake. I refused to let him move away from the airport.:mad::mad: Lucky for me someone else showed up and only had a carry on so there was room for her. What an end to the trip. If I didn't already pay for Prime Time for our August trip, I would probably switch to Super Shuttle.

We were finally on our way home, almost 2 hours after landing. Our fur baby Ginger was so excited to see us. So was my father, the caretaker of the dog, fish, parakeet and 3 lizards.

So ends our spring break saga.... now only 54 more days until our August trip.:cloud9:

KylesMom
06-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Although you switched "tradition" and traveled to Epcot the last day, it sounds like it was a perfect decision for you both and the trip ended on a high note.

Glad your scooter made it home with you, Marci. I remember that first post when you told us it had been lost!!!

What a debacle about the shuttle, though. I sure hope there aren't any mishaps with them this next trip!

faline
06-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Glad you got to visit your favorite park on your last day even though there were some travel glitches!

Disney4us2
06-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Although you switched "tradition" and traveled to Epcot the last day, it sounds like it was a perfect decision for you both and the trip ended on a high note.

Glad your scooter made it home with you, Marci. I remember that first post when you told us it had been lost!!!

What a debacle about the shuttle, though. I sure hope there aren't any mishaps with them this next trip!

It was actually nice to break from our tradition. I just love Epcot.

As far as our shuttle home. I will be calling them several times before we leave and on our departure day for LAX. Tthat is all I can do. Hopefully they will get their act together.

pdrlkr
07-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2:

brian2000boston
07-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
07-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Thanks for sharing Marci!!!

May your trip in August go without any glitches!!!

Julie:mickey:

January-2007
07-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Suz36
07-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Despite the few glitches, it sounded like a good one. Have a magical trip in August, and please let us know how it went when you return!

vizsla
07-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the report.