PDA

View Full Version : Favorite non-beer beverage in the World Showcase

Kairi_7378
06-22-2011, 07:57 PM
What is your favorite non-beer beverage to drink in the World Showcase? I've tried the fiesta margarita :marg: (tasty!) and the Grey Goose slushies (good but small portion, IMO) and was wondering what else I should try. I am one of those odd people who does not like beer.

VWL Mom
06-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Have you tried the Grand Marnier slushies? They're tasty, have an orange flavor. Another of my favorites is the Pomegranate Kir from France, it's champagne and pama pomegranate liquer. I'm not sure if that is available year round or just F&W.

Madame Leona
06-22-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm partial to the Viking Coffee at the Norway Bakery.

Silver_Surfer
06-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Heck, it's been soo hot! Water for me.

BrerGnat
06-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Cider (Woodchuck) at the UK. It's alcoholic fermented apple cider. It's GOOD!

I also like the Grey Goose slushies, and I find the portion to be pretty much all I can handle at once! There's a LOT of vodka in that!

Also, the Fiesta Margarita in Mexico is really good!

You can also get some good champagne in France.

And, finally, Rosa Regale (a sparkling red wine) in Italy.

Melanie
06-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Fiesta Margaritas! :marg:

brivers222
06-22-2011, 10:39 PM
i like the sprite.... good stuff ;)

kakn7294
06-23-2011, 12:47 AM
I prefer a good old frozen Coke - or cherry or blue raspberry.

Scar
06-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Water. I didn't even know there was anything else to drink.

Fastpasssteve
06-23-2011, 01:27 AM
A couple years ago, I got the most delicious peach/sparkling white wine beverage in Italy in EPCOT. Check it out.

AHOTE
06-23-2011, 02:38 AM
:ditto: It's the only way to drink coffee!
I'm partial to the Viking Coffee at the Norway Bakery.

RAIDER
06-23-2011, 03:23 AM
The margaritas and the einskillen martini love them both :cloud9:

Mickey'sGirl
06-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Cider (Woodchuck) at the UK. It's alcoholic fermented apple cider. It's GOOD! Close ;) .... for me it's Strongbow. Also a cider, available at the UK. (It's also my drink of choice at home). It's like a beer in consistency and look, but it is sweeter.

I love the Pomegranete Kir in France, and a Margarita over in Mexico. :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
06-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Cooler weather? Viking coffee in Norway!

Warmer weather? Margaritas (Mexico) and Sultan's Slushies (Morocco) are my top two, although I love the Grand Marnier slushies in France, too. Oh, and the Rosa Regale wine in Italy is wonderful -- I just never think to go get it like I do the slushies. :blush:

Now, that cider?? That's something I'm going to have to find next trip -- sounds wonderful!

BugeyedMuggy
06-23-2011, 09:43 AM
A flight of tequlia in Mexican pavillion.

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Cider (Woodchuck) at the UK. It's alcoholic fermented apple cider. It's GOOD!

That sounds so good. Is it served hot or cold?

My favorite adult beverage in WS is the Passion Fruit Margarita at the Mexico CS location. So yummy!

MizMissy
06-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Woodchuck Cider is served cold ... and it's available most places that have a good beer selection (I've had it at BWW in Lafayette).

Our last trip to WDW, I enjoyed a Grand Marnier slushie and finished it in time to enjoy a Woodchuck Cider on our stoll out of the park. Yummy!

I've never heard anyone else mention the slushie in Morocco ... I'll have to remember that for next visit (please, please, let there be a next visit!).

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Woodchuck Cider is served cold ... and it's available most places that have a good beer selection (I've had it at BWW in Lafayette).

I'll have to try it at BWW. DH and many of his office friends have lunch at BWW fairly often and I join them sometimes. I'll have to give it a try one of these days. Although I don't typically have an adult beverage during the day.

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Does anyone know of any warm adult beverages served in WS??? We'll be there the week leading up to Christmas and I'd love to have a warm drink if its cold out.

BrerGnat
06-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know of any warm adult beverages served in WS??? We'll be there the week leading up to Christmas and I'd love to have a warm drink if its cold out.

The Viking coffee has been mentioned a couple times. I'm not sure what's in it, but apparently, it's good!

Melanie
06-23-2011, 12:46 PM
The Viking coffee has been mentioned a couple times. I'm not sure what's in it, but apparently, it's good!

I know. I've never had one, but now my curiosity is peeked. Always looking for a nice warm libation, especially at Epcot during the winter.

I actually liked the coffee margarita that was offered very briefly at the new CS place at Mexico right after it opened. I guess I was the only one. ;)

wildernesslady
06-23-2011, 01:08 PM
The Grand Marinier Slushy in France is very refreshing. I would love to try a maragita from the new bar in Mexico.

mdricks
06-23-2011, 01:14 PM
A flight of tequlia in Mexican pavillion.

I coudnt agree more. Some of the best tequlia I have ever had. (And I've had more than my share :blush:)

Salud!

:number1:

lylone
06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Here is another vote for Ciders at the UK. So nice to drink and sit on the bench and watch Illuminations. Then escape out the International Gateway.....:woohoo::woohoo:

MNNHFLTX
06-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Can it count if it's half-beer? I love getting a snakebite at the Rose and Crown--half Cider, half lager. :tasty:

Otherwise I guess it would have to be the champagne in France (which tastes remarkably like a snakebite!)

GrumpySue
06-24-2011, 08:11 AM
In Germany inside there is a wine bar and they sell Gluhwein (we say glow-wine) . It is a hot spiced red wine that is perfect on a cool night and especially around Christmas. We bring a few bottles home every year. Love it !!! :mickey:

darthmacho
06-24-2011, 08:30 AM
:wine: A nice bold Chianti from Italy, or perhaps a Bourdeux from France would do...? :mickey:

Dragongirlx
06-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Don't know if they are still selling this one but last September the frozen margarita bar in Mexico was doing a midnight blue margarita and it was lovely. Also would vote for a torontopolitan in Canada and Cider in the UK - I don't like beer so its nice I can get my Cider while I am here.:marg:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
06-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Sunken Treasure - Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao. Served in a souvenir cup for an additional $2.00 - $7.50

Amazing drink. Can't remember where I had it so you know it had to be good.

jsw123
06-25-2011, 10:54 PM
So where do you get the Grey Goose slushies?

BrerGnat
06-25-2011, 11:35 PM
So where do you get the Grey Goose slushies?

From a little kiosk by the water in the France Pavilion.

Kairi_7378
06-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Thank you all for the great suggestions! There are a lot of things on here that I hadn't heard of. (Although like Scar, most of what I will be drinking will be water.)

I had to look up the Viking coffee, and here is the description from the Akershus menu:

"a robust combination of Columbian Coffee,
Kamora Coffee Liqueur, and Baileys Irish Cream"

Natalie, I should have been clearer... I thought that the portion size of the French slush drinks was about right, I just thought that the price was a bit high for the portion size. But that's why I only got one... it was a treat :-)

BrerGnat
06-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Natalie, I should have been clearer... I thought that the portion size of the French slush drinks was about right, I just thought that the price was a bit high for the portion size. But that's why I only got one... it was a treat :-)

I hear ya! But, Grey Goose is expensive vodka, relative to something like Smirnoff. I've paid $12-14 for some martinis in steak houses that use high end vodka, so I found the price of the slushie to be about right, for a theme park.

eas423
06-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Sunken Treasure - Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao. Served in a souvenir cup for an additional $2.00 - $7.50

Amazing drink. Can't remember where I had it so you know it had to be good.

Would LOVE to know where this is! :)

KatrinaJ91
06-27-2011, 10:38 PM
The Grand Marnier Slushy in France is amazing!

Do a Wine Walk...you get a card and get to walk around to some of the countries and get wine samples. When you do, they stamp your card. It's a great souvenir as well!! I believe France, Italy and Germany do it. It was alot of fun and you get to experience many great wines!

Do a flight of tequila in La Cava in the Mexico pavilion...fantastic!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
06-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Would LOVE to know where this is! :)

I believe it was Hurricane Hannah's at the Yacht and Beach Club. My wife had to remind me. Hope you try one and let me know what you think. They are amazing.

moe513
07-03-2011, 11:22 AM
this is a fun question. we go to wdw in the very hot weather so i wont be avle to try the hot drinks but they sound wonderful.

tdk316
07-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Another vote for "glow-wine" from Germany! Great on cooler nights. :thumbsup:

dizneydeb22
07-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Here is another vote for the Grand Marnier slushing in France. We are doing the DAWS in August, so thanks for the other ideas! Can't wait to try them!:marg:

PopeCharming
07-13-2011, 02:22 PM
As a devoted Anglophile, I love Strongbow hard cider at the United Kingdom.

princessgirls
07-13-2011, 03:18 PM
1. Fiesta Margarita :marg: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2. Grey Goose Slush...:thumbsup: Oh they are good!

Julie:mickey: