PDA

View Full Version : POR River Tour for kids

Giselle
06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Has anyone ever done the River Tour offered at POR? I would love to hear about your experience with this as I am considering it for DD, 7y.o. Thanks!:sail:

Itchy
06-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Its really not a tour, its a boat that will take you from the resort to downtown disney. If you are a POR it makes stops Port Orleans French Quarter on the way to downtown disney.

If your daughter likes boat rides I am sure that she will enjoy it. When we are at POR we use it instead of the bus to get to downtown disney as it is more relaxing.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Ms. Mode
06-22-2011, 03:37 PM
We rode it to DTD in the evening...very nice after a hectic day in the parks. :mickey:

lighteningqueen
06-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Can anyone ride this or do you have to be staying there??

KylesMom
06-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Giselle, are you instead inquiring about the Sassagoula River Adventure Cruise out of POR for your child instead of the transportation boat?

If so - while I can't give you specifics on this particular one, DS has been on the Pirate Adventure from the Grand Floridian twice and the Albatross Treasure Cruise from the Yacht & Beach club once. Each cruise was a real treat for him, and he really enjoyed getting out with other kids for awhile, especially when he was your daughter's age. All of the kids' cruises are very well chaperoned, and they always come back with a bunch of trinkets when they return. They're also fed lunch, which usually consists of an "Uncrustable", some type of side, juice box & dessert. Although DS grew out of these adventures by 9, he sure enjoyed them!

sportsguy2315
06-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Can anyone ride this or do you have to be staying there??

Anyone can. One trip I went from Epcot to POR to DTD just to ride the boat. It's very relaxing and a lot of fun!

lighteningqueen
06-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Ok so do you catch it at International gateway from Epcot to DTD and if so does it return you there or I can just catch a bus back to our resort right?

Giselle
06-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Yes, I was referring to the Sassagoula River Adventure. I wasn't sure of the exact name. :blush:Thanks!

KylesMom
06-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Here's a little more information on this kids' cruise (scroll down to find the appropriate one), as well as the other activities Disney offers for them. These really are worth the money, and as mentioned, DS really enjoyed each one of them. He participated at ages 6, 7 and 8. :thumbsup:

InfoCentral - Kids Activities (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/specactivities.asp)