PDA

View Full Version : When to visit in October

SleepinB
06-22-2011, 02:13 PM
I am planning a spur of the moment trip to WDW in October thanks to the SWA 40th BDay sale. I really enjoy the Food and Wine Festival and would like to take advantage of lower crowds and milder weather.

What is your favorite week in October to visit?

DisneyDINK
06-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I'd avoid the Columbus day weekend (which is also the Canadian Thanksgiving) but beyond that I think one week is as good as another. Food & Wine runs the entire month and it draws decent crowds. The weather is pretty darn good in October, usually not too hot or cold.

JenniferS.
06-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm interested in seeing the responses to this as well. We've always gone in Sept, so i'm no help about which week in Oct is good, but we are going Oct 27- Nov 4. Not really sure what to expect since we have been at a slow time.

exvagirl
06-22-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm interested in seeing the responses to this as well. We've always gone in Sept, so i'm no help about which week in Oct is good, but we are going Oct 27- Nov 4. Not really sure what to expect since we have been at a slow time.

Beginning of November is great, only "big" crowds are from Jersey, since theres a state wide school closing that most people take the whole week off but its actually relatively empty...around halloween is usually the busiest of october, so I'd stay away from the end of the month? :)

alaMode
06-22-2011, 07:11 PM
We were there last year from 10/30-11/2 and it was wonderful!

Beautiful weather, didn't feel crowded at all, and we got to attend MNSSHP on Halloween.

We'll be back this year, 10/29-11/1...can't wait!