PDA

View Full Version : Falling Skies

ryca1dreams
06-21-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm a fan of post-apocalyptic sci-fi shows/movies, so I'm intrigued by the plot of this series. The pilot was pretty good.

Here's my only gripe - is it too hard for Hollywood to invent some new characters besides the same old cliched ones we've seen before? Noah Wylie's character seemed to be the only believable one.

Am I wrong?

sorcerer fan
06-22-2011, 09:08 AM
I agree, and if i hadn't taped it I would have turned it off early. I've never seen a show that was supposed to have limited commertials have so many so close together.

MNNHFLTX
06-22-2011, 01:12 PM
I thought it was pretty good, but IMO it did recycle a lot of ideas from other movies and films (War of the Worlds, Jericho, V, even Star Wars, with the robot fighters). I do like Noah Wylie, though, and will keep watching (for now).

ryca1dreams
06-22-2011, 01:31 PM
I watched it recorded too and the commercials were ridiculous - I counted about 4 min. of commerical for 7 min. of show.

The pilot, while somewhat recycled, hit on some interesting ideas that, hopefully, will be developed intelligently and make this a really good, creative series. I just hope they don't fall back on the "tried-and-true" alien cliches also.