PDA

View Full Version : Express pass when staying on site

ftwildernesskid
06-21-2011, 09:41 PM
I was trying to clarify something about the express passes that you get when you stay at a Universal Studios hotel. If we were to just stay one night, would we get express passes for the day we check in and the following day too? Or just for 1 of those days? It seems like if you get the passes for both days, it makes the cost of the resorts much more of a value.
Thanks!

magicalmom
06-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Unless they have changed the policy - once you have checked in, your room key is your express pass until the parks close on the day you check out. We checked in around 9 am, so one night in the hotel gave us two days of express pass in the parks.

BigRedDad
06-22-2011, 08:48 AM
It is valid from the day you check in to the day you check out. If you are staying one night, then the express pass is good for 2 days.

Wells
06-22-2011, 11:21 AM
The Express Pass that is provided with a Universal resort stay is also much better than the add-on purchased one as it provides unlimited use. The purchased passes are only good for a single use on each of the included attractions.....

Niecyboo
06-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Universal did just add an "unlimited front of the line" that you can purchase even if you are not staying on-site. This just started so I haven't gotten any feedback on whether it is affecting the Front of the Line, nor have I heard from anyone who has used it yet. Just like the Express Pass, you have to purchase it for a specific date, but this ticket includes your theme park ticket.

BigRedDad
06-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Purchasing the Front of Line Pass or Express Pass if you are not on site will quickly catch up to the price of a room. My friend just got an offer for $129 a night at Royal Pacific. He got it 2 days after we returned.

People should really look at staying a night or simply purchasing a 1-night stay. It will probably be cheaper than purchasing the passes for more than 1 person.

Mfarquar
06-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Definitely agree, Big Red Dad!I have also found this to be true.