PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century vs. Saratoga Springs

andmomlau
06-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Hoping someone out there can help with a decision...my husband and I are thinking of making a quick stop at WDW before heading to Naples for vacation. We would arrive the morning of July 4 and leave the morning of July 6 to drive to Naples. We don't want a more expensive resort since we will be in the parks for the whole 2 days...Pop has availability and is reasonable...a friend also has Vacation Club points and we could get a studio at SS for only $100 more than Pop. Thoughts?????? Also, never been there before on July 4th...any suggestions for fireworks, etc? Thanks! We need suggestions quickly...:mickey:

lighteningqueen
06-21-2011, 07:35 PM
POP is good and clean and nice. If you are in the parks and you should be only having 2 days then fancy rooms are only something you pay for that you are3 going to stay in your room.Its fun and like you said cheaper for the time you are there. If you have not been you will love the theming

Kairi_7378
06-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I would go with Pop since you're not going to have time to visit much of the resort.

DAWS
06-21-2011, 11:34 PM
I love Pop. Saratoga Springs is one of only a few places at which I've never stayed; that said, I would probably pay the extra money to stay in the nicer place...

As to your second question: For viewing fireworks, I have several thoughts:

1. My favorite place to view the fireworks is California Grill, but it is quite expensive. Plus, it probably is too late to get reservations for dinner...
2. You could also go to Ohana - they dim the lights at fireworks time and pipe in the music, just like California Grill.
3. If you want to be in the park, there is no where better to view the fireworks than Magic Kingdom. I like standing on Main Street, right near the Hub.

Have a GREAT time!!

andmomlau
06-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the quick responses! We are going with POP...we won't be there long enough to lounge and enjoy the resort so decided not to spend the extra money...

We have eaten at California Grill on DDP...excellent but too late for reservations anyway...will most likely go with Magic Kingdom...with so little time there, we have to soak up all of the Disney Magic and there's no better place than Main Street!