PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation Is it value or Moderate

Lizzie
06-21-2011, 03:50 PM
I thought this was supposed to be a value resort but the price of the family suites is quite a bit more than the suites at All Star Music.

Will the pool have a slide and hot tub?

kakn7294
06-21-2011, 03:56 PM
It's supposed to be a value resort but I was surprised at the suite prices too. For less money, I can book a standard room at WL or AKL. I was pricing Art of Animation for a "cheap" resort for next summer's trip but it's none too cheap!

As far as the pool, I haven't really heard much about it but I don't recall hearing that it was going to be anything more than the typical value resort pool - no hot tub and no slide.

Lizzie
06-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks. I am very disappointed in the price. It was false hope when they first advertised it. As a family of 6 our "cheap" options are very limited.

kakn7294
06-21-2011, 04:09 PM
I know how you feel now that I had to find accomodations for 5 this year (taking daughter's friend). It's hard to find a cheap alternative. We ended up spending more money than we planned so this girl could go with us. We're now at The Poly in a single room - it ended up being cheaper than 2 rooms at Pop after I got the AP discount. But of course, that's not going to work for a family of 6 unless you have one in a crib.

Lizzie
06-21-2011, 04:25 PM
We are going next fall and we will have a 2 year old, a 3 year old and twins who will be 6. So I think we could do Poly but wouldn't we be super squished. It would be fun though because of the monerail and we always end up eating at the restaurants there.

Strmchsr
06-21-2011, 04:42 PM
One thing to keep in mind - the prices you see for the resort are full on rack rate so they are going to seem ridiculously high. It remains to be seen how discountable these rooms are. Probably not a ton at first because they'll be the "new" thing that everyone wants, but down the road that might change.

kakn7294
06-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Lizzie, if you'd like, I'll report back to you on how the accomodations are at the Poly. We're going July 15 - 24. We'll have a 16 yo, 15 yo, an 11 yo and 2 adults - and I'm not a small person. I know there are 2 queens and a daybed. I'll let you know how a crib would fit into that.

Lizzie
06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
That would be great.
Thanks!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-21-2011, 08:26 PM
I didnt know there were rooms at Poly where you could have 5! I thought the only choice for more than 4 and a crib baby was AB section at PO Riverside, the ASMU suites or the cabins. What other resorts allow 5

BrerGnat
06-21-2011, 09:51 PM
I didnt know there were rooms at Poly where you could have 5! I thought the only choice for more than 4 and a crib baby was AB section at PO Riverside, the ASMU suites or the cabins. What other resorts allow 5

The majority of Disney Deluxe level resorts accommodate 5 with the use of 2 queen beds and a single day bed. The only deluxe resorts that do not accommodate 5 are the Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Also, the Disney Vacation Club resorts accommodate up to 5 in some of the one bedroom villas (Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom Lodge).

FiggyFan
06-23-2011, 09:28 PM
When DS was that young, we stayed at the Poly and brought a folding playpen with us. The bathrooms was large enough that we could set it up in there!

It might sound strange, but at that age, he would wake at the slightest sound. We could not have him in the main room with the lights on - not even if we were in bed reading.

Think about it - it worked for us.

ransam
06-24-2011, 12:45 PM
are the single rooms the same as the other value rooms? or more expensive as well?

squijee
06-27-2011, 01:58 PM
I am curious about the single room prices also. Any word on cost or when the will be available?

CajunDisneyDad
06-27-2011, 02:48 PM
according to the site, if you notice they say the rooms will be 94 dollars and up, so they are going to be more exspensive than the other values, but not by much
Hope this helps

MNNHFLTX
06-27-2011, 03:35 PM
I am curious about the single room prices also. Any word on cost or when the will be available?

According to the Disney World website, the standard room rate is anywhere from $94 to $179 and the suite rate from $248 to $425, depending on the season. It's still listed as a value resort, but the suite rates, in particular, are quite a bit higher than at the other All Star Family Suites.

frozman
06-27-2011, 04:53 PM
You might have to wait until the resort is up and running 100%, then the prices might be a little more reasonable. One of the things I commented on in another topic is that the "Family Suite" type room is not a type of room that WDW currently has a whole lot of, so the demand for that kind of a room, combined with the fact that the resort will be brand new, may have the prices being temporarily higher. The regular rooms are probably also more due to the fact that the resort is brand new. For instance, for my upcoming trip, Pop Century was my first choice for a hotel, not just because I've stayed there before but simply because it's the newest, but I guess Disney saw that many other people felt the same way so for $140 less for 9 nights I ended up at All Star Sports.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the rates come down, if you can get 2 connecting rooms at a value for less than a family suite, then the point of the suites is pretty much lost.

kakn7294
07-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey Lizzie, we're back from our trip and I have a report on The Poly for you! Our room was HUGE, plenty of room for a family of 6 if one is in a crib. The maps make the resort look very sprawled out but it's really not. We were in Rapa Nui - I hear that most of the accessible rooms are located here and they're supposed to be about 60 sq ft larger than in the other buildings. I didn't care for some of the features of the partially accessible room, especially in the bathroom, but the location more than made up for it. It was just a few minute walk to either the Great Ceremonial House, Volcano pool, and bus stop / monorail station or TTC. We loved the monorail access - it's going to be hard to go back to a non-monorail resort for next trip!

Lizzie
07-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the update. I was just getting ready to book our trip for next fall but we decided at the last minute to wait until 2013 to go and than the youngest will be 3. So it looks like will be staying at a family suite.

Disappointed to have to wait two more years for our trip. But I think will take a road trip and vist Disneyland in 2012 after al the construction is done. And the new Fantasyland will be done in 2013.

chrim
07-27-2011, 09:04 PM
At the Art of Animation it seems like all of the "standard" rooms are priced similar to the preferred location rooms at the other value resorts.