PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Birthday Sale

VWL Mom
06-21-2011, 02:58 PM
For those looking for SW, they have a sale now through Jun 23rd (travel Aug 23 - Nov 16) to celebrate their 40th. Fares based on mileage $40, $80, $120. Hope someone can takes advantage of this offer.

MuchLovedMama
06-21-2011, 03:00 PM
If you're looking for airfare for dates 8/23-11/16 you may want to check out Southwest today. They're having a 72 hour sale celebrating their 40 years. I'm not going til next year but I like watching the prices and as of yesterday it would've cost me about $1200 for my family of 4 but with this special it would've cost me $725. Looks like some good deals. Good luck!!! :)

paragon
06-21-2011, 07:30 PM
AWESOME deals! I just booked our return flight from Orlando, for September, nonstop MCO to MHT for $80 per person!! I had previously booked our flight down way back in Feb, for $67 each, and have been waiting since then for these specials!! So, all totalled, our round trip flight from New Hampshire to Fl and back was $147, on top of the Disney discounts we got, 40% off room rates PLUS free dining!!!

MuchLovedMama
06-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Wow how did snag 40% off plus free dining? Thats awesome!!! I would think thats 2 different pin codes and u could only use one...

lovinmesomedisney
06-21-2011, 09:19 PM
I got my airfare during the sale today for my upcoming September trip!

paragon
06-21-2011, 09:27 PM
That was also my thought, but we called them. We had already booked the discounted room rates,( ten days,and purchased the DDP) then the free dining offer came out, I went back online to check the difference in the two deals, free DDP plan was actually cheaper. Then we called, to ask ( expecting a "no, its one deal or the other"-in which my reply would have been, cancel our reservations please ), however, she said "oh yes, we can check on this" Voila! Ten minutes later...exact same accomodations as the original reservation, PLUS THE FREE DINING, and saved $130 on the original deal.
I don't know if it always works out that way, but it did, and its now paid off, balance due= zero.
I can only say, it never, ever hurts to ask, I'm betting, most people would never even ask.

BugeyedMuggy
06-22-2011, 09:47 AM
We took advantage. Our DD & her BF are joining us for $80.00 each way at the end of Oct. We haven't seen those prices since last year. Great deal!

pianobabe
06-22-2011, 07:37 PM
I just booked for our upcoming trip in September. We have driven down to WDW the past few years, so I'm excited to fly again. I have never flown with Southwest. I've heard a lot of good things about them.