PDA

View Full Version : Universal Trip Report - Day 3 (June 17)

BigRedDad
06-21-2011, 12:19 PM
This morning my college roommates and their families are coming in. WWHOP opens at 7AM. I let DW and DD sleep. I head over and hit FJ 2x and Dragon Challenge non-stop for 45 minutes. DW shows up and rides it 3 times while DD pets a service dog while waiting.

Off to Seussland and then up to Bluto's. DD simply loves that ride. We ride multiple times to get completely soaked. Have a bit of lunch and head back to Royal Pacific. Friends had just gotten in with a room right across the hall. We change and hit the pool for 2 hours and off to the US we go. We walk onto everything and have no issues getting on any rides. We go into Fieval's play area and stay there for over an hour. Kids had a blast running around throwing and shooting nerf balls, playing in the fountains and squirt guns. Just an all around fun time for the kids to just let loose (myself and college roommate as well). I got drenched when I stood under the bucket dumping. DD and friends kids laughed.

The thunderstorms roll in, so Simpsons closes because of the outside ramp area. We head onto MIB for several trips and the competition begins to see who can get the highest score. This is a battle that goes on for the next 2 days. It is getting late and time to take a break for a drink. We head to the Irish pub by the Mummy. We have some food and drinks. The kids are cold from the rain and AC. So, we head back to the resort where the pool is closed. Like before, not much for the kids to do inside with the thunderstorms.

The kids are hungry and the prices are high at the resort. Luckily, some delivery places have put menus under the door. We order food for 7 for $25 delivered. It would have been over $100 at the resort. Much better deal.

2 of us head to City Walk and hit Margaritaville first. We sit at the bar and the bartender was less than friendly. We like to chat and have a good time with bartenders. This guy could just careless that we were there. We order a drink and leave right after without leaving a tip. Since we were not paying to get in anywhere, we stop at Bubba Gump for a drink and a quick bite. Lots of fun here. Bartenders had a lot of fun talking and shooting the breeze. That was the end of the night for us after about 2 hours there.

NJGIRL
06-21-2011, 04:31 PM
We love Finnegans. Their food is very good. I can't believe you were right next door to the Mummy and didn't ride it again. I love that attraction!