PDA

View Full Version : Universal Trip Report - Day 2 (June 16)

BigRedDad
06-21-2011, 10:34 AM
What a difference a good night's sleep is. Went to bed around midnight after the hockey game. I was up at 6AM. DW and DD were up and ready to go for early entry to WWHOP.

We get in with no real hassles. Walk back to WWHOP. This time to soak in more of the details. Olivander's always has a line. We figured to try it out in Nov when we go back. Never got into 3 Broomsticks either. Another part for Nov. We road FJ multiple times and Dragon Challenge a couple of times.

Its about 8:30 and time to go to US. We get in with little crowds, walk to RRR. My DW waits with DD at Child Swap. I board my car and the ride shuts down. Wait a while to see if it is going to get going, bit no go. The car I was physically in was completely off track. It was down for almost 6-7 hours. We head over to Shrek 4D and have a blast. Then off to kiddie area. DD reluctantly went on ET and will not be going again any time soon. She is has gotten a little fear streak in darkness. No big deal. She didn't want to get wet so we skip Fievel's and no roller coasters.

Off down the road counter clockwise. We get to The Simpson's and she enjoyed it, but not enough to go a second time. Then on to MIB. she loved this ride and we went 5x. It was nearing lunch time, so a quick little bite and off to the Mummy. This is kind of like a smooth Space Mountain. It is the best way to describe. I really liked this ride, but didn't make it back the whole trip.

DD is getting antsy at this point to go in the pool with the threat of it closing again at night. We make it back for a good 2 hour swim. A little nap and back to IoA for Seussland, Poseidon's Fury, Hulk, Spiderman, and Storm Force. It was the typical walk on to everything with no waits. Hulk and Spiderman on the high end was 5 minutes.

If you cannot tell, there are many things we have skipped on this trip with DD there. DW and I are going back in Nov to do adult only things for our 10th anniversary. We can check out some of the pubs, Jaws, Terminator, RRR, etc with less hassle of having to tote DD around where she will be less than pleased.

NJGIRL
06-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Sounds like a great rip so far. You got to love that Express Pass. :cloud9: