PDA

View Full Version : ADRs-12/18-12/22

cspenc28
06-21-2011, 07:44 AM
This ADR thing is totally new to me...I used to go with my parents, who refuse to book anything in advance. They won't even buy tickets till they got to WDW.

Anyway, I've been to WDW too many times to count, so my husband and I have agreed this trip is about seeing the Christmas decorations, and experiencing the food, as we've only done counter service in the past-we've booked the Deluxe Dining Plan.

So...
Sun 12/18
D-Artist Point (before MVMCP):santa:

Mon 12/19
L-Yak & Yeti
D-Ohana

Tues 12/20 (My Birthday)
L-Via Napoli
D-HDDR (whenever they open it up, the lady said call back 6/28)

Wed 12/21
L-Sci-Fi Dine
D-Biergarten (once we can book CandleLight Proc package, I'll change this to the package)

Thurs 12/22 (checking out :()
B-Whispering Canyon
L-Earl of Sandwich-not the best use of Dlx DP, but we need a lunch we can take on the road

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Your ADRs look great....we were also told to call back for the HDDR on 6/28 I bet it will be a nightmare getting through:secret:

cspenc28
06-21-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm excited for Ohana, my dad's cousin raved about it when we saw them last year.
Yeah, 6/28 is going to be a nightmare, hopefully the online reservation system will be open as well, otherwise I anticipate being on hold for quite awhile.

brivers222
06-21-2011, 08:17 AM
They look great!

we too will be calling on 6/28 hahaha it will be a party on the phones that morning.

BigThunderFan
06-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Your ADR's look great!

Instead of using a TS at Earl of Sandwich, have you thought about maybe booking another meal on one of your other days? You can still pay cash for lunch that last day, and get better value for your money.

I know it is a bunch of food that way, but if you know you are eating three TS meals I supposed you can order accordingly. Ahh, who am I kidding? I would pig out, you're at Disney!

SBETigg
06-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Unless I counted wrong, looks like you're using 11 credits per person? You're staying four nights. You could add another meal in there, Quick Service if it's easier, or maybe a breakfast. Don't forget you each get two snacks a day. It ends up being a lot of food, so no one says you need to use all your credits, just pointing it out.

cspenc28
06-23-2011, 07:46 AM
It's 11 meals for now, until I can change the 12/21 dinner to the canlelight processional package. From what I've read that takes 2 TS credits, which will bump us to 12.
I thought about using our last credit for a real sit down meal-and we may still do that, and pay OOP for Earl of Sandwich (I have to eat there at least once per trip, otherwise I feel like I missed out). But we can't do a sit down lunch on our last day, we have to drive from WDW to NC. We are celebrating Christmas at my husband's grandmother's house, and if we don't spend enough time with them, they throw a fit.

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 09:27 AM
All your meals look great. We'll be there on some of those same days. I thought making dining reservations were going to be tough since its Christmas, but I didn't have any problems getting everything we wanted. Good luck with HDDR. For some reason that dinner show does not appeal to us at all, so we won't be on the phone "fighting" for it when the time comes!

cspenc28
06-23-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm mixed on HDDR. I've always wanted to see one of the dinner shows, but not sure.
The only resturant we couldn't get into was Le Cellier, which I was disappointed with. I still may change a few reservations, I'm second guessing Yak & Yeti and Sci-Fi Diner.

buzznwoodysmom
06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
I changed ADRs as I was making them this morning. I switched times on so many of them. I'm so glad to have the online option. Surely a CM would have been frustrated with me this morning. Hahaha.

brivers222
06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
I changed ADRs as I was making them this morning. I switched times on so many of them. I'm so glad to have the online option. Surely a CM would have been frustrated with me this morning. Hahaha.

lol yeah... i just totally revamped our entire meal listing because there is a possibility we are adding a day on each end of our trip :)

cspenc28
06-28-2011, 08:31 AM
So I decided to not book HDDR...we booked Narcossee's instead. I hope I made the right choice.

brivers222
06-28-2011, 08:37 AM
I have never been to Narcoosee but i have it planned in twice for our trip based on reviews and ravs... I too hope its good!!!

you know since i called to day and they changed all the times for the HDDMR (8:30 is now the latest show) there is no way i can make it from fantasmic to there in time...

So i am thinking that HDDMR is being ousted for me as well.

I am looking at Artist Point of Jiko

cspenc28
06-28-2011, 08:40 AM
I wanted to try Jiko, but with only being there 5 days, there is not enough time. I'll only be over near there once, and that's only around lunch time. No lunch at Jiko's.
Actually I attempted to make my reservations for HDDR, and with all the issues with changing times and not having the dining plan linked up yet, I decided to just try Narcossee's, which I've heard is great as well.

shan-ash
06-29-2011, 08:01 PM
your meals look good! We also booked Narcoosee and are going to the Christmas party! We cant wait! I also booked a sleigh ride around Fort Wilderness as a surprise for mu uncle who loves yard Christmas decorations--hopefully it will be fun:mickey: