PDA

View Full Version : Need help with transporation

edwards2301
06-20-2011, 10:52 PM
:confused: I am going to be flying down in July with my dd (2) and dd (6) by myself and my husband will fly down a few days later. Then on the way home we will all fly home together. So my question is........ What mode of transportation should I use to get from MCO to the CBR? We have used Happy Limo for the last 5-6 years and I have only used Express once. I am afraid to get on the bus and my daughter start fussing then my hotel be the last stop. But we are already on a tighter budget and would like to save the $140 we would spend to take Happy Limo. Can my husband take the Magical Express separate from us? I will just need to call and clarify right? Lots of questions and concerns sorry.:confused:

squad51
06-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Use magical express. Anyone who was or ever had kids will understand your little ones fussing. You should not have to worry about fussing on the bus as she did not on the plane ride she probally will not on the bus. As for your husband he should be able to use it also as he is flying in. This is no different than a single visitor.

Mfarquar
06-21-2011, 01:56 AM
I agree! Magical Express is pretty efficient. My husband and I don't have kids and always use it. We expect and are not bothered by kids who are either goofing off or just fussy. We get that kids are rambunctious because they're on the way to see the mouse, or just tired from the trip.

As long as parents don't let their kids run wild (i.e. bumping into people, hitting people, etc.) it's no big deal on Magical Express.

Save the $$$ and enjoy a nice dinner or something special.

As for splitting ME because of your husband's later arrival date, just contact Disney directly to give them all the flight info and they should be able to take care of all the details without any issues.

CajunDisneyDad
06-21-2011, 08:25 AM
I would have to say anyone that goes to Disney World and frowns on children should go somewhere else. I would use the ME. Dont worry about your daughter fussing. I know my little one (2) loves riding buses cause he doesnt have to be restrained (sore subject but I digress) and he can watch out the big windows :)
Hope you and your family have a wonderful trip!

MuchLovedMama
06-21-2011, 02:15 PM
I also would use Magical Express. Not only do I think kids enjoy buses but you also have the televisions that can distract them on the drive to your resort. They should enjoy seeing the parks and the Disney characters during the ride. Even if your not the first stop along the way I think they'll be busy watching the people getting off and everything that's going on around them that they'll be just fine. I love ME and wouldn't do it any other way. Have fun and don't worry if they get a bit cranky, it's to be expected. :thumbsup:

disneygirl1976
06-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Most definitely use Magical Express. We have used Happy Limo for every trip except one and we have noticed that the extra convenience they provide is not worth the time waiting for them to answer the phone once you land nor is it worth the extra cost ($10-20 tip after the fee). With this economy, you would be better off packing some travel toys for the kids while on the bus - toys that are different from what you have for the plane - then using that extra $$ you save for a nice meal or even the Bibbitti Bobbitti Boutique for the little ones. Whatever you decide, have a great trip!:mickey:

magicalmom
06-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Magical express! Consider how excited DD6 will be to have a Mickey ride from the airport - save the $$, enjoy the videos. If your hotel is the last, you'll get a great tour of WDW, and your DDs will have already seen DTD and the taller landmarks - Love the new travel toy idea, as well.

Wright46
06-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Just tell your kid that if they keep it up you'll tell the bus driver to turn around to take you back to the airport and you're going home. My mom used to tell me stuff like that all the time.

edwards2301
06-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Thank you for all of your help. I appreciate it. I will definitely use the "bus driver will turn around" trick. My parents used to tell me the restroom was broke at church so I had to go before at home. :haha: I will be calling to make my Disney Express plans. :mickey: