PDA

View Full Version : Mixed emotions from last week. Saturday

squad51
06-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Define punishment : They make you leave at the end of your reservation. Time to pack and load the car. I hate leaving. I was offered to work at disney during my stay. Serious thought is going into this. I realized that I had no pics of the hotel so I took some and of stuff on the drive out.

All in all a good trip. I can't wait for the half-marathon in Janurary as I will return to the place I love alone and 60-70lbs lighter. I will come alone to run and then get to and do what I want to do like video the monorail for an hour, take a tour, and sit and people watch.

Till next time Mickey...:mickey:

artyboy
06-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Glad you had a nice trip...and another one to look forward to!

faline
06-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Define punishment : They make you leave at the end of your reservation.

Yes, we all fit a bit like that when we have to leave! :D

Good luck on the marathon! Please let us know how it goes!

mouseketeer mom
06-21-2011, 06:15 AM
What do you mean you were offered to work at Disney while there? By who? Thats neat!

buzznwoodysmom
06-21-2011, 08:19 AM
You'll be back before you know if for the marathon.

slegrant
06-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Just finished reading all your reports and really enjoyed reading them. I am glad you and your family had a great time. What kind of job offer? That's so cool!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Overall a nice trip...so how did you like POFQ?

princessgirls
06-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Nice trip overall. The rain could have not shown up...

Thanks for reporting. Until next time!!

Julie:mickey:

squad51
06-21-2011, 10:59 PM
To answer the questions -
The job offer/suggestion came from several supervisors after they found out that I have only 1 year left in my electrical apprenticeship for commercial/industrial electricians.

POFQ is a very nice hotel. It is small enough that you can walk to the different areas in a short time. We like the grounds and the how no two courtyards are the same. The boat ride to DTD is one of the most relaxing ways to travel as the breeze for the open sides of the boat is much better than most of the other water craft. The only change I would make would be to add a table rest. I know that there is one at riverside but sometimes you just want it in your hotel.

darthmacho
06-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the report! Can't wait to see the video of the monorail! Will you post it? :mickey:

KylesMom
06-24-2011, 10:39 AM
No mixed emotions on this day - it is just a bummer. Period. Thanks for taking us along with your family this trip. Let us know if you end up taking the Disney job thoughts into reality - you'd certainly have a passion for it every day! Hope to see a few posts from you when it comes half-marathon time, btw! :mickey:

brian2000boston
06-24-2011, 05:50 PM
thanks for sharing your trip with us. We also love POFQ, the size is perfect especially with children.