PDA

View Full Version : Mixed emotions From last week. Friday

squad51
06-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Last park day. I decided that we would have breakfast at MGM. EPCOT had a nice counter breakfast and I thought MGM would be similar as they had 2 spots that showed open for breakfast. All these places have is sweetrolls. Don't expect bacon and eggs. But this was tasty and light to tide over till lunch. My 3yo wanted to go on star tours. On monday he was a credit card too short, now today he is 2 inches taller:confused:. So we all went on. My 3yo was selected to be the rebel spy,:thumbsup:.
We went to muppets again to buy time as I had fast passes for TSM for 230. After muppets my 6yo wanted to do jedi training. We went to sign up but they were full. The cm said that they could sign up for the medal ceremony. She said that this was the first time they had done this and that the kids would recieve medals from princess laya. This was for at 145 so we went to meet mickey to pass the time. At 145 the kids went off and we went to the star tours stage. At 2pm we were surrounded by cm's who do not wear uniforms and the music started. My 7yo was awarded the very first ever medal. They look very similar to the ones Luke and Han got in the first movie. This was so cool and I was happy.
We then went over to EPCOT. This is when the value of a good nap comes in as everyone was getting cranky. So we went back to the hotel for a nap and change of shirt, (hot out).
After a short nap we departed to head back to EPCOT for illumination. When we got there guess what, it started raining again. rain coats on and off to the lagoon. The kids loved illuminations and I loved them loving it. After this we boarded Monorail Tron and went off to the TTC. Then it was onto the ferry. As we waited for the ferry Wishes started. It was a great view from the TTC of the fireworks. I took my two soldest sons to MK for extra magic hours as the wife and youngest went back to POFQ for the night.
We made a beeline for thunder mountain. Then over to splash. The sign said 15 min wait. 30 min later we got on. Then the kids wanted to see peter pan as they went on it with g-ma and g-pa two days ago. As we waited I went to check the time on my phone. one problem, NO PHONE. I lost it on splash. Out of line and back to splash. I will say this the cm's go out of their way. Phone found but now it was after midnight and we were leaving in the morning so time to go to the bus. I had a little tear knowing this was the last time I would be at WDW with the kids for some time.

MOJoe
06-20-2011, 05:58 PM
That's really cool about Princess Leia giving out medals. Wonder if there is an age limit? Like over 50? :blush:

artyboy
06-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Very cool about the medal!

faline
06-20-2011, 07:34 PM
So sorry the lost phone became a problem on your last park day. I guess the good news is that you got your phone back! Still, overall, it was a fun day!

mouseketeer mom
06-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Thats great you got your phone back. My DH lost his at Hall of Presidents , and never got it back.

buzznwoodysmom
06-21-2011, 08:17 AM
So glad to hear you got your phone back. That's too bad that you won't be going back with the kids for a while. Its always tough leaving when you don't know when you'll be back.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-21-2011, 09:52 AM
That last park day is always hard:(

princessgirls
06-21-2011, 02:43 PM
A great day in WDW!!! The last park day is always hard! I'm so glad you got your phone back! That is good!!

Thanks for reporting!!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
06-21-2011, 04:23 PM
I can't believe this is your last park day! :( Looks like you made the most of your time by hitting DHS, Epcot & MK. The Star Wars medal ceremony is so cool. These are the kind of things that cost Disney so little, but have such a big payoff with families. I hope they continue to do this!

Although it hastened the evening's ending, a bet you gaave a big sigh of relief that your phone was found. At least you were taken back to your resort in style! :mickey:

brian2000boston
06-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Sounds like you had a great day.

darthmacho
06-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Sounds like your son had a growth spurt!

Glad you got your phone back, that pesky Brer Fox must have stolen it... :mickey: