PDA

View Full Version : Mixed emotions from last week. Monday

squad51
06-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Monday - We awoke and had a tasty breakfast at the POFQ food court. The food was OK, no one is expecting 5 star fare a a counter service location. We went to the bus stop and sat down to wait for our bus to DHS. Of course every other location had at least 2 buses come before even one DHS bus came. When the bus did get there we stood as to allow elderly and small kids to sit. The driver was very funny using the prerecorded messages to get us all laughing. When he played the one that says, "for the comfort of all shirts and shoes are required on all Disney buses", we then asked if shorts were required? When we got to MGM the driver played the message that the park is full.:funny:.
So we got into the park and gave all our tickets to g-pa to get passes for toy story and the rest of us went to movie ride. G-pa came back with a time of 230-330, (mind you it was only 1030 am). After movie ride nephew, 7yo, 6yo, and I went on star tours. Stand by line only took 20 min. We got the version where Darth stops you and your ship goes to Hoth. The new ride is fun but does not take full advantage of 3-D. Could have been 2-D and would have still been fun. Next on to muppets. This is always a good time. Next on to the Little Mermaid. I have never seen this show and I found it to be quite good. Nice to be in A/C too. After this got autographs and pics with Handy Manny and Einstiens. I then took my boys to see pooh, Mickey, and Increadibles. Unfortunatly we had to leave as my kids would not stay with me in line after they discovered the computers in the area.
Next it was on to rock n rollercoaster which nephew and 7yo wanted to do, after which 7yo son proclamed was "AWESOME". We had lunch at the ABC Comm. I highly recommend the cheeseburger and shrimp. No cocktail sauce for the shrimp but if you dip them in BBQ it becomes a taste that is out of this world.
After Lunch we had 45 min to fill so we took the back lot tour. The exhibit on movie villans at the end was very good and had costumes from Star Wars and Pirates. Now it was time for Toy Story Mania. As we made our way there we ran into the green army men and my 7yo did pushups with them.
Toy story was a lot of fun. The line moved well even though with fast pass you join the line with a 10 to 15 min wait still. I don't know how the top scores are achieved as I only got up to 140,000. After TSM we left for POFQ for a swim.
After swimming we were going to go to EPCOT for illuminations. My nephew did not want to go so we decided to go to downtown instead. On our boat ride back to POFQ I struck up a conversation with our boat pilot. I brought up that a friend of mine was a college program last fall. It turns out that our boat pilot and my friend were very good friends. So I called my friend and found out that our boat pilot had a birthday the day before. Well I have never met a birthday person I could not embarrass so we all sang happy birthday.
Time to put the kids to bed. Epcot tomorrow.

KylesMom
06-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I love hearing about the interaction that some of the Disney transportation drivers provide their guests - it sounds like you had a very enjoyable drive to DHS, and a good day in general. Toy Story is fun, but I agree with your 7 year old DS - RockNRollercoaster is AWESOME! :mickey:

It just goes to show you that it "really is a small world after all" for your friend to be good friends with the boat driver. Nice way to wish him a belated birthday! :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
06-20-2011, 04:04 PM
I think we had that same bus driver during spring break. He kept playing all the announcements and was soooo funny.

mouseketeer mom
06-20-2011, 04:42 PM
A great day at the Studios!

artyboy
06-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the report!

faline
06-20-2011, 07:22 PM
This was certainly a very nice day! I'm not surprised your Toy Story Mania fast passes were for mid-afternoon - I actually might have expected them to be for much later when you didn't get them until mid morning.

buzznwoodysmom
06-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Well this sounds like a better day. Yeah, I don't get the whole Toy Story Maina hype. Its a cool ride, but unless we get fastpasses its a ride that even my huge Toy Story fan doesn't mind missing. We've actually gone to get fastpasses around 10:30 to discover they were gone for the day!!! And that was in March. Glad you guys had a nice day.

badkitty
06-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm definitely going to have to try dipping shrimp in BBQ sauce. It sounds yummy! :eat:

I 'm glad you had a fun day at the studios.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Sounds like a great day at DHS

princessgirls
06-21-2011, 01:55 PM
A great day in the studios!!!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

darthmacho
06-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Seems like a nice day at DHS. Nice touch with the shrimp and bbq sauce. I'll have to try that! :mickey:

brian2000boston
06-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Great day! Sounds like you had lots of fun.