PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in Parks from Sept 1-13

ranty
06-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Hello everyone!!:mickey: Here is the situation, My family and I are planning a trip to the World around Sept 1 - 13. However, we are unsure of the crowds around that time. On our previous trips we have always visited early or late july. So if we assume those july crowds are a 10 on a scale of 1 - 10 . Then what would early September be? Thanks for your time everyone. Have a great day:thumbsup:

r4kids
06-20-2011, 08:30 AM
I would safely say a 4-5, most kids are just back in school. It is a much lower crowd time. :mickey:

wdwaggie
06-20-2011, 10:47 AM
4-5 Agreed, and on some days, maybe even a 2-3 scale, we've been at that time and were AMAZED at the difference.

Mfarquar
06-20-2011, 11:47 AM
It should be MUCH, MUCH better than what you're used to! We used to travel in July to Disney and now only book in September because of how much better the crowds are! I agree with wdwaggie with a 2-3.

We usually only find waits at Toy Story Mania and only sometimes at Soarin', Space Mountain, Test Track, Splash Mountain, RnR and Peter Pan. Fast Passes always take care of this, especially since there aren't any other waits to speak of! We never even bother to arrive early for Fantasmic!

The only day to maybe avoid the Magic Kingdom would POSSIBLY Sept. 3 (Saturday before labor day) and Sept. 5 (Labor Day). When traveling those dates in the past, Labor Day seemed to be the only real busy day (locals/AP holders).

There is a Christian Music Festival at the MK on the nights of Sept. 9 and 10, it is a separately ticketed event and shouldn't really affect crowds. It will probably just mean Magic Kingdom will close at 7:30pm those nights, but at least one of the other parks should be open a little later than usual to compensate.

Have a wonderful time!

faline
06-20-2011, 06:37 PM
I think you will enjoy the difference in crowds at that time of year!

TiggerDeb
06-21-2011, 09:03 AM
We always go in early September and I agree the crowds are lower. 77 days to go...:mickey:

lovinmesomedisney
06-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Yes, it will definitely be a whole lot better than July. This is the exact reason we go every year in September. I do have to say though, last year, for some reason, was more crowded than past years.