PDA

View Full Version : garden wing Contemporary

poohspal
06-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi
I am considering staying at the Contemporary for the first time. Never stayed at a monorail resort. There is a big price difference between a garden room and a tower room. Has anyone stayed in the garden building? Is it less magical?
Thanks!
Liz

Pirate Granny
06-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Stayed in the garden wing...way before there was any price differential...and wasn't disappointed...we all couldn't stay in the tower. At the time it was close to the toddler pool, which at the time we had two. Obviously the monorail doesn't run through it. Closer to the bus, and parking...we faced the water and loved seeing the water parade.

awaggett
06-19-2011, 11:00 PM
For the price--I really liked the Garden Wing--the rooms were nice (and think slightly larger than tower?). Not a far walk at all to main building and monorail. We had a great view of Bay Lake and liked watching the boats go by.

pox24
06-20-2011, 01:09 PM
The best... after a long day, throw down a blanket on the grass watch the boats and sip an adult beverage. Doesn't get better than that. I prefer it to the Tower.:thumbsup:

DisneyBunch5
06-20-2011, 01:25 PM
We also enjoyed staying in the Garden Wing.

As compared to the tower rooms:
- They seemed quieter and more relaxing/peaceful
- The walk to the room seemed to take just as long as waiting for the elevator, or walking up to the tower rooms.
- The rooms have the same layout.

DVC2004
06-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Have stayed in the Tower and in the Graden Wing. Aside from our MK view in the tower, everything else was the same. You have a little walk to the main buildinng but it wasn't bad at all. It was a nice room, had been recently remodelled and updated when we stayed there. Go for it!

poohspal
06-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks everyone! You have been very helpful. I think I will probably book a garden wing room.