PDA

View Full Version : How busy was disney this past late april/early may?

dyin tago
06-19-2011, 08:26 PM
hi,

just wondering how busy the world was at end of april/early may this year?

we have been once in july and several times in september and were considering late april or early may next year as long as crowds are not too bad.:mickey:

poohspal
06-19-2011, 08:40 PM
We were there May 3-9. We found the crowds very manageable, especially since we usually go during school vacations.
Easter was April 24 this year, so I am sure that week was very crowded, but it is early April next year, so I think the end of April/early May should be ok
Liz

Strmchsr
06-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Early may used to be pretty low, but definitely has increased in popularity. I think manageable is a good term to describe them. Expect a good bit heavier than September, but not as bad as July.

alaMode
06-20-2011, 04:51 AM
This is our typical time to visit because we usually celebrate our son's birthday at WDW.

We were there 5/6-5/9 this year and found it to be more crowded than in the past, but very manageable. MK and DHS felt more crowded than AK and EP. We went to MK on Mother's Day and it was very crowded! We had breakfast at Kona Cafe before hand and all the restaurants at the Poly were a zoo!

The weather was beautiful- blue skies, not a drop of rain, and perfect swimming temps!

Whenever you decide to go, enjoy your trip!

FenwayGirl
06-20-2011, 04:29 PM
I was there May 12 -17 and found the crowds pretty low. We had very short wait times.

PETE FROM NYC
06-20-2011, 06:56 PM
DW and I did that time slot once around 20 yrs ago. Weather was super hot. Also, back in those days, Fla residents got a discount in May, and THEY ALL CAME. Really, the crowds tripled on May 1.

faline
06-20-2011, 06:58 PM
I was there in May. I could only describe crowd levels as unpredictable. One day, or park, or minute, things were very crowded and lines or long; the next day, or minute, or park, the crowds were low. All in all, we were able to do all we wanted between hitting the low crowd levels and judicious use of fast passes.

Disney4us2
06-21-2011, 08:35 PM
We were there for spring break. April 16-23. I didn't find it crowded at all. I was expecting wall to wall people and I didn't feel or see that type of crowd. There were long lines at the more popular attractions, but that was expected.

I had heard that spring break was horrible, but actually enjoyed or time there. I would go again in April, if given the opportunity.