PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Repeat Restaurants?

darthmacho
06-19-2011, 11:07 AM
I've been thinking about the places we've eaten while in WDW, and realized in just 4 trips, that there are a few restaurants at which we've eaten more frequently than others, and just have that "repeat" factor. So, I pose this 3 part question to all of you, especially those that have been to WDW frequently or perhaps live in FL:

What (sit-down) restaurant have you been to the most times, how many times, and why?

My answer turned out a tie:

Artist Point, 4 times, (3 dinners and 1 breakfast) is our favorite restaurant in the entire world, though strangely enough, we haven't eaten there since 1999!

Whispering Canyon Cafe, 4 times, (3 dinners, 1 lunch), we've gone to for the last two trips because we figured the kids would enjoy it more than AP. Also, I love BBQ, the atmosphere at WCC, and the Wilderness Lodge in general.

Next trip, if all goes well, one of these will pull ahead when we make our traditional visit to WL! :mickey:

Okay, now what's YOURS???? (Table service!)

Pop Centurion
06-19-2011, 11:43 AM
For us it's:

Boma, 6 Times - We love the variety & unique flavors. Even my wife who is a very picky eater wouldn't skip it during any trip. Plus we like to explore the resort before/after our meal since it's such a beautiful place.

Crystal Palace, 6 Times - While the food isn't spectacular, it's still good. The atmosphere is nice too with it's victorian style. But the main reason we keep returning is my wife loves Eeyore.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe' is a close second with 5. It has become our traditional first night meal & will most likely remain so.

AlliMo
06-19-2011, 11:51 AM
pretty much all of them!!! But more specifically, I have to do California Grill, Citricos, Mexico, and 50's Prime Time! :mickey:

E-OR
06-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Sci Fi - We love the atmosphere of this restaurant. Our whole family looks forward to eating here. Reminds my husband and I of when we were kids going to the drive in. If we were only going to eat at one place while at WDW it would be here.

Whispering Canyon - Good food and great fun!

Coral Reef - Again eating around a giant aquarium full of fish and divers is so unique and we have always enjoy the food.

Briansmom
06-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Whispering Canyon (dinner) 3 times (4th coming up!) - we love the skillet and the atmosphere is fun. :cowboy:

Ohana (dinner) 3 times (going on 4)- Love the flavor of the food and the variety! :papple:

Donald's Safari Breakfast - (going on 4) - THis is a good character breakfast and they have the typical breakfast fare but also have items that have more of a unique flavor to them. And the character interaction has always been great! :donald:

Jillirose
06-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Sci Fi - We love the atmosphere of this restaurant. Our whole family looks forward to eating here. Reminds my husband and I of when we were kids going to the drive in. If we were only going to eat at one place while at WDW it would be here.
:ditto:

We tried Via Napoli this year, and will definitely return next year.

Kairi_7378
06-19-2011, 05:19 PM
We have gone to the CA Grill twice and plan to do it again this trip.

DH announced the other day that for him, Artists' Point is a must-do. (Wish he'd told me that before I drove myself nuts looking at menus!)

SandmanGStefani24
06-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Tokyo Dining-4 Times.
It's a must do for me each trip since my first visit. Nice quiet atmosphere, great food, excellent service, and a nice view of the World Showcase.

All my other repeat food stops are counter service. (I am able to eat at more places that way!) :D

PETE FROM NYC
06-19-2011, 05:36 PM
We rarely do TS outside of the parks. When we return to any restaurant its because of the food and the atmosphere.
Here, in no particular order are our repeaters:
Crystal Palace
Biergarten
Sci Fi
50s Prime Time
Le Cellier
Garden Grill
Teppan Edo
Donald's Safari Breakfast

I think that about covers it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-19-2011, 06:46 PM
We aren't big on repeats...the ones we've eaten at the most is Rainforest Cafe AK (3) and the Mexican Cantina CS at Epcot (3)...we are breaking that habit this trip...we've also eaten at Crystal Palace twice

cather74
06-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Sci fi for lunch Narcoose's for dinner. Growing up we always did the Crysatl Palace for breakfast for years. Also San Angel Inn until I had a tray a margaritas dropped on my heaqd. Then it kind of lost something and it makes me feel sticky just to look at it. :mickey::marg:

HoosierDisneyFan
06-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Biergarten - I think we eat there every trip. Good selection and good atmosphere. Everyone in our family has other personal favorites but everyone can agree on this restaurant!

kemps@wdw
06-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Hoop-Dee-Doo...EVERY time!

beksy
06-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Ours are San Angel Inn and Kona Cafe. We have eaten at San Angel Inn every trip for the last 7 trips. We like the atmosphere and it has become a tradition. We have eaten at Kona every trip since 2008, often multiple times. I think we have been there about 12 times, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We love the food, have had good service, it is close to the MK, good atmosphere, and on the monorail.

alaMode
06-20-2011, 04:37 AM
We eat breakfast or dinner at Chef Mickey's every trip. We usually go for dinner on a late arrival day or when MK is closing early for a special event. We go for breakfast on an early departure day when there isn't quite enough time to get to a park. We've been with a party of 12 and a party of 2. The food is usually fine, but the characters are always great!

Other than that, we also tend to have dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe and/or Whispering Canyon Cafe. We've been to each 3 times. Both are consistently good, but radically different!

For our trip in October, we're repeating California Grill, LeCellier, and of course, Chef Mickey's. We're trying Hollywood Brown Derby
and Citricos for the first time. I'm looking forward to every meal!

princessgirls
06-20-2011, 11:28 AM
On every Disney Vacation we hit:

Princess Breakfast in Norway...We think the girls are going to age out of this, but they keep asking for it!! 5x here for us!

Chef Mickey's- I just think this is the classic of WDW. I have memories of this being THE CHARACTER Dining Place, back in the day...you wanted to see Mickey, you had breakfast at the Contemporary. Food is good, and it's just FUN :mickey: 5X here as well.

O'Hana and Teppen Edo, Le Cellier and Kona cafe are the next favorites that we don't miss on any trips.
We are cutting out the Crystal Palace and Coral Reef this trip. Going to hit the Liberty Tree Tavern, ate there 6 years ago and enjoyed it, so we'll try it again! Wanted to try some different places in Epcot over the Coral Reef, and I honestly don't have any favorite in the studios.
Julie:mickey:

brivers222
06-20-2011, 12:00 PM
here is my list from the past trip and the upcoming trip (ADRs made so i am counting them as going lol) with my fiancee

I have been to places several more times in teh past... but i want the past to remain in the past.

Ohana Breakfast (4 times)
Chefs De France (3 times)
CRT dinner (2 times)
HDDMR (2 times)
50's Prime Time (2 times)
Sci-Fi (2 times)
Crystal Palace (2 times)

JROriole8Fan
06-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Too many times to count, but it has to be Kona for breakfast, which we think is the best breakfast in WDW. Otherwise there are so many places, we don't repeat, so we can try them all. You should try that, the places you repeat are great, but there are so many great choices, you could go for weeks, never repeat and always have great food!:thumbsup:

Silver_Surfer
06-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Tusker House
Garden Grill:thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-20-2011, 03:04 PM
I've lost count on our favorites that we schedule each trip. However, the below are many, many time repeats:
* Mama Melrose (Lunch & Fantasmic Dinner Pkge)
* LeCellier (Dinner)
* Ohana (Dinner)
* Chef Mickey's (Breakfast)
* Crystal Palace (Lunch)
* Sci-Fi Drive-In (Lunch)
* Whispering Canyon (Dinner)
* The Plaza Restaurant (Lunch)
:mickey:

crltkcagle
06-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Ohana's, Whispering Canyon, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose and of course Pizza Planet and Peco's Bill!

Sylvia
06-20-2011, 08:37 PM
We have many favorites, but there is only one must on every trip. We always eat at 50s Prime Time. Just walking into the restaurant is a nostalgia trip, especially when I noticed a clock on the wall that we used to have at home. :D

Other favorites include Crystal Palace (still miss the days before it became a character meal location), Tusker House, Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's, Hoop-de-doo, Kona Cafe, Plaza Restaurant.

Jared
06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure of the exact number, but I think I've been to Kona Cafe and 'Ohana four times apiece. I've definitely been to those two restaurants more than any other on Disney property. They're definitely among the many perks of staying at the lovely Polynesian.

brownie
06-21-2011, 08:12 AM
I think it's Cape May Cafe for breakfast for us. We really like the atmosphere and the layout of the buffet. The food has always been good and it's never really crowded when it first opens.

Stickey
06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Our most repeated TS locations:
1) Jiko
2) Biergarten
3) Crystal Palace(breakfast)
4) Garden Grill

Simba'sBud
06-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Top 5 TS's in order of frequency:

O'hana's
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Whispering Canyon
Liberty Tree Tavern

Most revisited 5 CS's:

Columbia Harbor House
Flame Tree BBQ
Sunshine Seasons
Cosmic Ray's
Toy Story Pizza Planet

Mmmmmm...making me hungry thinking about it!

**Note to self**-DON'T LOOK AT DINING THREADS WHEN TRYING TO DIET!! :nono:

Disney Yankee
06-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Our favorite repeats:

Cali Grill
50s Prime Time
Chef Mickeys
Crystal Palace
Beaches and Cream
:tasty:

FiggyFan
06-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Most Frequent- Hoop Dee Doo!! This has become a must do for us on every trip. Love the show and the atmosphere, and they keep bringing buckets of chicken!

Close second: 50'sPrime Time. If you get a good cast mof servers, this can be a show in itself. We enjoy bring friends and relatives for their first trip - invariably, someone runs afoul of the "no elbows on the table" rule or becomes part of the airplane game.

RAIDER
06-24-2011, 03:30 AM
Our main ones we like are

Sci Fi ...The theme is so unique ( ok the food is average )

Brown Derby .... Love the menu and atmoshpere

Marrekesh ... The food is excellent and a real laugh

Fultons Crab House .... Brilliant service and great presentation and one of our favourites

Now hooked on the Califonia Grill ...Amazing Sushi

mousetrapper
06-29-2011, 05:35 PM
I love this discussion!

The two my family of four (DH and two DDs, ages 20 & 17) always seem to come back to every trip are:

Chef Mickey's - always the first dinner on our first day
Kona - we crave the Tonga Toast all the time!

A few of my personal favorites I'd do every trip if I could are:

Boma
Cinderella's Royal Table (for breakfast)
Hollywood Brown Derby - love the old Hollywood atmosphere here

Otherwise, we're open to trying new places.

dizneydeb22
06-29-2011, 08:02 PM
We do these on every trip, so it's a tie:

O'Hana- dinner
Teppan Edo-lunch or dinner-the menus the same
Chef Mickey's-so we can get the character pictures and a good meal all in one!
and for a counter service we go to Captain Cooks for the Tonga Toast at breakfast:eat:!!

big blue and hairy
11-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Let's see, our favorites include...

California Grill
Citricos
Flame Tree Barbeque
Hollywood Brown Derby (for the Cobb)
Via Napoli

:sulley:

AllDisney
11-12-2011, 10:46 AM
The one restaurant that we have been to EVERY trip to WDW is the Brown Derby.

mouseketeer mom
11-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Repeats each trip:
Ohanas. Number one. No contest. Ohanas, Ohanas, Ohanas.
Also must do's
Sci fi for lunch, Via Napoli. We have repeated most restaurants in WDW with the exception of Marrakesh and La Hacienda. We liked them well enough, but haven't rushed back to them.

Dopey's Girl
11-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern. It was the only TS place we ate at our first family trip nearly 27 years ago. They still have the drink that we splurged on there; I get it every time and I remember all the fun we had trying to take everything in thinking it would be our only trip. Little did we know that we were getting hooked!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
11-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Ohanas for dinner
Coral Reef for dinner
Sci Fi for lunch.

Must do's each trip

ANG
11-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Almost every trip we have gone to Mama Melrose's and the Maya Grill.

Mama's is DH favorite restaurant and the Grill has sentimental value because we honeymooned at CS.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Repeats each trip:
Ohanas. Number one. No contest. Ohanas, Ohanas, Ohanas.
Also must do's
Sci fi for lunch.

We're with Lisa!! This past October trip was the first that we didnt find ourselves at Ohana's. That WILL NOT happen again! :D

Ohana's was our first day breakfast until we had our 2nd dd and found out she was allergic to eggs. So, we switched to dinner only.

Sci Fi is a must do lunch for our DHS day. Just not a visit to the Studios without a meal here.

SBETigg
11-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Our must-do list has dropped through the years. A lot of places changed or just weren't the same on repeat. With so many great places to try, repeating some became less of a necessity. There are lots that I would repeat, but only one that I feel a need to hit on every trip:

California Grill. It's consistently one of our best dining experiences, love the atmosphere, and you can't beat those views.

Janmac
11-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern. It was the only TS place we ate at our first family trip nearly 27 years ago. They still have the drink that we splurged on there; I get it every time and I remember all the fun we had trying to take everything in thinking it would be our only trip. Little did we know that we were getting hooked!

Great story! So good that you can still get that drink too.

Our favorite park breakfast is Crystal Palace, every trip, except January 2010 when it was closed :(.

Favorite resort breakfast is Cape May - but only when we stay in an Epcot area resort and then we're likely to eat here most mornings of our trip. No idea how many times we've eaten here.

Lunch - Cosmic Rays and Flame Tree. No idea how many times we've eaten at these locations.

Supper in the parks: Marrakesh, every trip, maybe 8 times, and Akershus (FISH!), more times than we can count - I can easily remember 6. Runners up are San Angel Inn and Biergarten, with at least 4 times each.

Supper in the resorts: 1900 Park Fare - we've only got maybe 3 repeats here but so far it's a must do. And, Trail's End Kitchen. It's not a WDW trip without supper here. Again, probably well over 6 visits.

Jan

RichGuy
11-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Victoria & Albert's x3 (including once in the QVR)
...and once more this coming Feb' (at the Chef's Table, can't wait!)
It sounds stupid, but V&A is an exceptional value for this level of dining. Amazing food, unrivaled service, and no kids.

California Grill x3
We sat in the wine room twice, slightly less noisy, more cozy. This most recent time was probably the best.

Bistro de Paris x3
Love that tasting menu. Get a window seat for a wonderful view, esp. during Illuminations.

Le Cellier x3
Much happier with it since dinner has been upgraded to a Signature menu. Very enjoyable.

Crystal Palace x4
...always for breakfast. My favorite breakfast buffet, and the characters are fun.

ElenitaB
11-24-2011, 11:15 AM
I don't know the exact number of visits, but our favorite repeat TS restaurants are:

MK — Crystal Palace for breakfast, The Plaza for lunch/dinner
Epcot — Chefs de France, Garden Grill, San Angel Inn

Resorts — Boma, 'Ohana, Kouzzina, Olivia's

Funny... putting together this list, I realized that there are no restaurants at AK or DHS that I'd consider a "favorite repeat." There are some that we're repeated but they're not "favorites." Hmmmm