PDA

View Full Version : What's New Since Sept. 2009?

Mfarquar
06-19-2011, 12:03 AM
It's been awhile since I've posted, but my husband and I are planning another Disney trip for September of this year.

We took a year off last year (Ireland and a short Halloween Horror Night trip to Universal instead), so the last time we were at the World was Sept. 2009.

Disney World's site is a little off, and their "What's New Since Your Last Visit" seems to be adding older attractions and omitting new ones.

So, I'm coming to the experts!!

Last time we visited, American Idol Experience and Crush and Gusher were probably the newest attractions. The Wave had just opened at the Contemporary. The tequila bar had just opened in Mexico.

What can I expect to be new or just plain different?

I know Star Tours is a definite, and Space Mountain was closed to an upgrade the last night we were there. So, these two should be nice surprises. I also know the queues for HM and Winnie the Pooh will be interactive. I also expect Fantasy Land to be under quite a bit of construction. For restaurants, I believe the 2 Italy restaurants and La Hacienda in Mexico will be new.

Am I missing anything?!

Pop Centurion
06-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Captain EO has returned to Epcot & replaced HISTA.

Various exhibits changed in Innoventions. (Be sure to try Sum of all Thrills)

Not park related but since you're staying at Pop it's worth mentioning. They're doing construction across the lake on the never completed Legendary years buildings, which will become the Art of Animation resort.

All I can think of right now.

faline
06-19-2011, 02:19 PM
The Haunted Mansion has a new queue area and the ride itself is updated.

The updated version of The Tiki Room will be opening this summer.

The big Fantasyland expansion is in full swing but won't open until next year.

There's a new restaurant in Mexico and one in Italy as well.

That's all I can think of for the moment and I've got to run!

Mfarquar
06-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks SHORTY and faline!

I forgot about Captain EO and Tiki Room. I haven't seen these in YEARS and YEARS (I'm one of those people who hated the "updated" Tiki Room)!. Seeing the Tiki Room as it was originally meant to be will be a thrill!

I just thought of one more thing! The pre-show before Wishes with pictures from people in the park should be a treat!

If anyone thinks of anything else, let me know! :)

We LOVE Disney
06-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Is the Winnie the Pooh line updated? I heard it's been re-done.

We will be there next year and havent been since 2009 so we are looking forward to all the new things we will see (Space Mountain was closed when we were there :crying:)

faline
06-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Is the Winnie the Pooh line updated? I heard it's been re-done.

It has. The standby line has a number of interactive things to do - almost like a mini-playground.