PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Package-Last Minute Question Before Making ADR's Monday

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Okay, due to cancelling a breakfast reservation we could upgrade to Brown Derby for the Fantasmic Package. Should I do it? Is the food that much better? If yes, what do you recommend? I see that the Fantasmic package is now ala carte so does that mean you don't have to order appetizer, entree and dessert?:confused:

Thanks for the advice:)

Kairi_7378
06-18-2011, 05:01 PM
We thoroughly enjoyed the Brown Derby when we were there a few years ago. Its a little loud but very elegant. The food was very good and the service was excellent.

(Is there somewhere else where you are thinking of applying that extra dining credit?)

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-18-2011, 05:15 PM
The only other place it would fit would be a breakfast and we ruled that out because of the park hours that day...It isn't actually an extra dining credit, we were going to pay for two out of pocket breakfasts. We don't have to upgrade to Brown Derby but since I had budgeted for that extra breakfast I was thinking about using a credit for the breakfast and paying for BD out of pocket. I would really like to try some of the signature restaurants and was wondering if this one was worth upgrading from Mama Melrose's.

Kairi_7378
06-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Ooops! Sorry for the unhelpful post regarding dining credits! I will go back and edit that.

If it were me I think that I would upgrade. I think that if you're going to try a Signature restaurant, the Brown Derby might be a good one to try. Based on a quick review of the menus, it seems to be less expensive than the other Signature restaurants. But Mama Melrose has been getting some rave reviews recently, too.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info. We have decided to upgrade. Mama's has been getting good reviews lately and I want to come back here some day. However, we've never tried Brown Derby and I like the idea of trying new places plus trying out a signature.

Now, I am trying to decide which would be better to pay for out of pocket....Brown Derby Fantasmic Package or Hoop De Doo? If the Fantasmic Package includes appetizer, entree and dessert it would definitely be the better option for two dining credits. I could have sworn that when using dining plan you do not get the appetizer, but the lady at Disney Dining just told me you do...can anyone confirm that?

Thanks for all the help...I am trying to get this all nailed down before Monday when I make our ADRs:blush:

Pirate Granny
06-18-2011, 10:28 PM
You get one with the fantastic package...ENJOY

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-18-2011, 10:42 PM
You get one with the fantastic package...ENJOY

Thanks