PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide!!!!!

Disneymom201
06-18-2011, 06:44 AM
We currently have a package at the BC (8/19 - 8/24). We are arriving to Orlando on 8/15 to stay with family and hit IOA :number1:. We are meeting our neighbors (who have never been to Disney) at the BC and hit the ground running (they arrive 8/18). I have been throwing around the idea of booking a "room only" the night of the 18th, to relax, swim and avoid the "rush" into Orlando/Disney on the 19th. I wanted to book somewhere different than the BC to have one day with my famiy, before the madness begins.
Here are my thoughts. We LOVED AKL last year and since we will not have a dining package with our "room only" Club Level is available (have NEVER experienced concierge before). Or there is a MK view available at The Contemporary, but no concierge (I have always wanted to stay here :mickey:).
I see the PROs with each idea. Any thoughts???
Thanks in advance :mickey:

2011 Beach Club
2010 Surprise for the boys to AKL
2009 WL
2008 GF
2005-2007 Off Property

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-18-2011, 08:16 AM
If I could get Savannah view at the AKL that's where I would stay, not sure about the other questions...have fun planning

Jeff
06-18-2011, 08:29 AM
The view from the contemporary of the MK at night is awesome. But, seeing African animals from your balcony is very cool as well.

You can't go wrong with either choice!!!!:thumbsup:

Funforall
06-18-2011, 10:18 AM
The night at MK would totallyget you ready to go.

Disneymom201
06-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Thank you!!!! The Contemporary Magic Kingdom View it is....can't wait :tink::

60 days til The Contemporary/BC
2010 Surprise vakay for the kids AKL
2009 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Grand Floridian
2005-2007 Off Property

brownie
06-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I'd go with the Contemporary. I'd really like to stay there and having a view of the Magic Kingdom would be awesome!

Goofy4TheWorld
06-21-2011, 08:40 AM
I would not feel right being a couple of hundred feet from the gate of MK but not going in, plus the CR is not a peaceful place to "get ready for the madness" kind of place, so I would go to AKL.

My wife and I booked a room-only at AKL for one night prior to moving to Pop and I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed AKL! It was really peaceful and was the first time I have ever NOT gone straight to a park upon arrival at Disney.

If you are looking for a relaxing first night I strongly recommend AKL, the CR is too busy to relax.

EDIT: After posting I realized you stayed at AKL in 2010 so if staying at the CR is still on your bucket list then go for it, the CR is a great experience to have once, but IMHO you can't be AKL for peacefulness.