PDA

View Full Version : United prices

disneymom15
06-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Just wanted to tell you all about my experience.
So, I've been looking for airfare for our Nov trip. Yesterday I purchased 1-way tickets for our flight down. Fare was $154 plus taxes & fees. United allows you to get a full refund within 24 hours of original purchase. So, this morning I check prices, fares went down to $144, so I did the refund and repurchased at the lower fare. This afternoon I checked again, guess what, prices went down again to $104. So I did the refund and repurchase once again. I couldn't believe it. So excited!

UCJen
06-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Wow, that is awesome! Where are you flying in from?

wickedgin
06-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Those are great rates! Congrats! :thumbsup:

disneymom15
06-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Wow, that is awesome! Where are you flying in from?

We live in Appleton & are flying out of our regional airport.

magicofdisney
06-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Those are great fares coming from a regional airport. We're flying from Tampa to Denver and paid almost $300 round trip on United. Although we're flying during the summer so maybe that's the difference.

Congratulations! :)

edwards2301
06-19-2011, 10:18 AM
That is great! I am trying to get a flight from a regional airport in indiana to orlando for july and wow i can't come up with those prices. So happy for you. I am sure that makes the trip even better:mickey:

alaMode
06-19-2011, 11:48 AM
We're also flying United for our October trip to WDW. Our tix were significantly cheaper than SW and United flies out of an airport that's much closer to our house, so less $ spent on cab fare.

DisneyDoug2
06-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi Disneymom15, I was wondering why you are buying one way tickets instead of round trip? Have you found out that buying two one way tickets cheaper then round trip?

disneymom15
06-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi Disneymom15, I was wondering why you are buying one way tickets instead of round trip? Have you found out that buying two one way tickets cheaper then round trip?

We're hoping to find late afternoon return flights. Keeping an eye on United, Delta and Frontier for flight times and prices. United, at the time, was only offering before noon flights. Now they have some later flights, but the fares are a bit higher than we want to pay.

teambricker04
06-24-2011, 03:49 PM
You could also find out what it would cost to fly standby the other direction... It maybe more cost efficient but may require waiting. Just a thought.

I'm impressed with the price! Especially out of a regional! Nice!