PDA

View Full Version : Lightning McQueen to join cast of 'Lights, Motors, Action!'

Melanie
06-17-2011, 02:42 PM
No official date has been announced yet.

From Disney Parks Blog:

I’m happy to announce that Lightning McQueen, star of “Cars” and “Cars 2,” will make his debut appearance at the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios later this summer.

Look for his cameo when the stunt show director sets up a highlight reel dedicated to “one of the greatest race cars of all time.” But just as the crew leaves to set up for the next stunt demonstration, the highlight video feed is interrupted with a distress call from Mater, Lightning’s rusty sidekick. He warns the audience that secret agent Finn McMissile has issued a report of enemy spy activity at “these here coordinates.” Lightning McQueen speeds in to calm the audience down and explains that Mater is probably just telling tall tales again.

Just then, a mysterious black automobile appears on the stage. I don’t want to give away all the details here, but let’s just say what follows is quite an animated game of cat and mouse.

Guests who wish to meet Lightning McQueen and Mater before or after the show can do so at the Winner’s Circle (formerly Luigi’s Garage), which features larger-than-life trophies and posters that depict famous races from around the world. Be sure to check out Lightning McQueen’s upgraded international look, too.

BrerGnat
06-17-2011, 03:38 PM
This is very cool. Now, if there was just a way to lower the volume of this show, we'd be all set. ;)

Melanie
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
I like this change as well, because we are big Cars fans and well, it fits! :thumbsup:

I will be a bit nostalgic when we go again though, as Herbie was a big part of my boys' childhood - "Mom, I wanna watch Herbie Monte Ca-Ca!" I bet I rewound that VHS tape 100 times! :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
06-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I like this change as well, because we are big Cars fans and well, it fits! :thumbsup:

I will be a bit nostalgic when we go again though, as Herbie was a big part of my boys' childhood - "Mom, I wanna watch Herbie Monte Ca-Ca!" I bet I rewound that VHS tape 100 times! :thumbsup:

VHS???? How old are your kids? ;) Just kidding. I don't even think my kids even know what a VHS is...

Goofy4TheWorld
06-17-2011, 10:47 PM
VHS???? How old are your kids? ;) Just kidding. I don't even think my kids even know what a VHS is...

A V-What ???

I kid I kid.

Anyway, this sounds like a really neat way to integrate Cars into an already great attraction, but does this mean Herbie is gone? I am not sure where Melanie's comment came from, did I miss something?

Melanie
06-18-2011, 08:12 AM

Yeah, go ahead, call me old. I get it. ;)

Anyway, this sounds like a really neat way to integrate Cars into an already great attraction, but does this mean Herbie is gone? I am not sure where Melanie's comment came from, did I miss something?

I didn't realize in that blog article that they don't even mention that Lightning is indeed replacing Herbie. :(

ValenciaCalling
06-20-2011, 02:02 PM
This is very cool. Now, if there was just a way to lower the volume of this show, we'd be all set. ;)

LOL agreed. I used to work right next to it, and the squealing and exhaust can be quite obnoxious.

Kairi_7378
06-23-2011, 09:33 PM

Thanks for mentioning this... writing a reminder to take ear plugs to DHS...

sixshot19
06-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Great Show, and with McQueen, definately cool, can't wait to see it......and I had a Beta machine, I lucked out and picked Blu ray this time.

Imagineer1981
06-29-2011, 04:50 PM
very cool addition. Great way to add Cars to an attraction and not make it just about Cars

Dsnygirl
06-29-2011, 11:43 PM
:thumbsup: That's great... I hope it's up and running in the show for our August trip!

brian2000boston
07-28-2011, 10:00 PM
This sounds so cool, I can't wait to go and see this change!

KylesMom
07-29-2011, 09:26 AM
When we saw the show at DHS on 7/17, the change had yet to be integrated into the program. Herbie was still the main "star", and no mention of Lightning or Mater was made other than an extended trailer for the new movie on the big screen during pre-show. Hopefully they'll implement the change soon! :mickey:

Skippy
08-05-2011, 12:52 PM
The change took place July 19th (The Tuesday after my family left, no less - we were at the Studios on July 17th ) There's video on youtube of it. After seeing the little cars zip around LMA set - Lightning and the lemon look ... slow.

Arielfan98
08-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Sounds awesome. I can't wait to see Lightening McQueen in action! :car:

Altair
08-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I just took a look at the video and that is the lamest thing I think I've ever seen. It looked like the OJ slow speed chase.:( Come on Disney, you can do better than that.