PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here suffer from (or previously suffered from) Sesamoiditis?

Pop Centurion
06-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Been dealing with this pain for 3 months then finally went to the podiatrist. After x-rays he told me it was sesamoiditis.
I got a cortizone shot in that area which was very painful :eek: along with anti inflammatory meds which are helping some.
He told me to see him in 2 weeks for a follow up & he'd give me another shot if I still had pain. :nope::bolt:
In the mean time he told me to rest my foot which is difficult with my job. I work at UPS so the constant pounding on my feet in work boots is not making things better. By the end of the day the area is pretty sore even with the gel inserts I added for more cushion. I have a weeks vacation coming up in July so I can rest it then. I planned on working instead for extra $$$ for my Sept trip but if I don't rest it & give it time to heal, I'm afraid it will get worse & possibly make it tough to do all that walking in WDW.
Today I actually wrapped my big toe and forefoot with sports tape before work to keep the joint from bending & relieve stress from the area. Didn't seem to help too much because of the impact that area takes but around the house & general walking seems better.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has or has had this?
What did you do to heal?
Did cortizone shots help in the long run? (are they worth the pain)

I'd appreciate any tips or advice.
Thanks.

ElenitaB
06-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Many moons ago I had a bad heel spur (granted not your same ailment), however, the second cortizone shot did the trip and the pain has never returned.

Now if I can only figure out what's going on with my right ankle, I'd be golden. Hours to spend at the doctor's office are just not in the cards until July 30. :blush:

Pop Centurion
06-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks. Guess I'll give that second shot a "shot" to see if it works.

DisneyDog
06-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Hmmm, I went to the podiatrist just this past week with pain in that same area. He told me I had an "inflamed joint." Not sure if what I have is the same thing as you, but he did give me a cortizone shot and, while I don't feel 100%, I feel a good deal better. The pain was making me limp and affecting my back. I'm taking 3000 mg of Tylenol every day and icing the area every few hours. I feel about 95% better than I did this time last week.