PDA

View Full Version : Our Very Magical Disney Honeymoon Celebration - Pre Trip Report

brivers222
06-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Well after a long eight(8) months I am now FINALLY within the 180 day mark (176 to be exact...every day counts!). I was playing around with ideas here and there for the days and anxiously awaiting park hours posting on Intercot. Once they posted I made a tentative schedule of our trip in an excel sheet and penciled in possible dining choices... a wish list if you will.

Originally We had booked the Polynesian Hotel, but once I did some number crunching and found that BWV were even cheaper I emailed Debbie at MJ for the change... Then about a day (and thread) later I changed to my final decision place (BWI). Not because I didn't like the villas but because I liked the opportunity to get a "honeymoon" upgrade. If it doesn't happen, oh well, I have always wanted to stay at The Boardwalk Inn anyways. These changes all happened over the course of a weekend and I am so thankful for all the extra effor Debbie has put in for us so far...

I opted to do my own Dining ADRs instead of having Debbie do it because I really don't want to bug her... and with the dining ADRs I am constantly tweaking the times and that would be unfair to ask of her....Well Monday June 13th happened to be my 180 mark... It felt like I was going to Disney world in the morning. Like the commercial I was 'too excited to sleep' I woke up at 5:30am and immediately logged in and started getting my stuff organized for easy input. Two computers, one with my mock-up dining choice location and times spread sheet and the other trained on disneys site.

at 6am exactly the site let me log-in and link to my hotel reservation so I could get the 180+10 (basically book my entire trip). looking at the original E-mails I see that the constant searching, approving, and confirming of 17 of my ADRs went solid from 6am until 7:14:31am.

All in all, I got exactly what I wanted with the exception of LeCellier... booked solid all week I am there (except for 7:15PM on the day we leave to go home at 5PM) I have another thread in the dining section with my actual ADRs so below i will just sum up the thought process of each day.

I last left of at http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=176182&highlight=engagement+celebration where I said the pre-trip for this trip would be coming fall 2011... well, I am jumping the gun and getting the pre-trip started right now... because after getting the dinning reservations and the hotel booked and the tentative park hours scheduled, what else is there.

RE: OVMDH (Our Very Magical Disney Honeymoon)
Cast of Caracters: Adrianne - STB-DW (refered to as YO!) Brandon - Me, myself and I (refered to as such)
DATES: 12/10/11 - 12/18/11
DINING: Deluxe Dining Plan (3 meals / 2 snacks per person per night) = 48 dining Credits and 32 Snack credits

Okay, here we go!

Last trip I promised YO! that we would spend the night at a hotel going down and coming back home. So playing around with google maps I found a hotel in Valdosta, GA (about 15 hours from home) with a jacuzzi tub (bring on the LUSH) for only $80 including tax. On the way home I found a hotel in Perry, GA with a Jacuzzi tub for only $81 including tax. This was to appease her and to offer a sort of goal to reach towards while driving.

....Please keep in mind that the events to follow are merely speculation and I take no responsibility in they way they actually turn out....

We will hit the road bright (well dark) at 5:30am and drive down to Valdosta, GA. ETA is around 10:00PM. Then awaken for an 11am checkout which will place us at the BWI around 2:30PM. I am going to try to see about upgrades and what not and see about room locations (I don't mind if i have to wait, we are chilaxing this trip)...they main goal is to get my KTW card with the dining credits. We will then attempt to get a table at Beaches and Cream for a nice lunch. Maybe if time allows before dinner we will peek into Epcot for a bit just to say, "HEY WE ARE HERE!". I was trying to figure out where to have dinner this first night. I originally thought, hey lets get the Contemporary for the Wishes fireworks. Booked it then decided to stay around boardwalk and eat at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. After that we can walk over to Fantasia Minature golf and play a free round (courtesy of the MYW package) under the lights.

The next day I have planned to just hangout around the resorts before jumping right into the thick of things at MVMCP! I didn't get a chance to go to whispering canyon last trip so I made it a point to go this year for lunch. I was reading threads about good places to eat before MVMCP and I decided to give Liberty Tree Tavern a chance. I am totally hoping that the Hard Ticket event tickets will still allow us entry after 4pm because I made a reservation for 5:15 (scratch that mid-pre-plan change... just changed to 5:40PM... see? constantly tweaking!) in hopes we can get in. today is supposed to be a non-park hopper ticket day with early entry to party Xrosses fingers and toes! I am sure we are going to have our fill of snow before we arrive since we are in Michigan, but it will be nice to see snow on mainstreet usa!

The next day is special because it will be our 1 month wedding anniversary :) I have been going back and forth as to what to do on this day. Orginally I had us eating at Akershus for breakfast. but in looking back at my previous trips' reports I noticed that was a do not attend again... totally coincidence I removed it this time, i promise! Instead the best gift I could give my new bride is the gift of sleeping in. So i scheduled an afternoon date at her favorite Epcot spot, Chefs De France. Hopefully we can see Remi this vist! I am going to love the fact that I can just leave our hotel and walk to Epcot!! Dinner was a little trickier because I wanted something nice and romantic. Once again reading posts on this site I discovered the wonder that was Narcoosee's. I reserved a time just before Wishes is supposed to start in hopes of getting a great seat! plus i heard the food was out of this world lol After that we plan on going into MK for their EMH's... I promised YO! a ride on Prince Charmings Regal Carousel

The next day is an animal kingdom day... totally our least favorite park and really I just want to go to see Festival of the Lion King, the Safari and Possibly a single rider line for Expedition Everest. No meals planned in this park. Instead we head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge to Feast at Boma before heading to our second and final MVMCP!

I read many people raving about seeing the rope drop celebration at Magic Kingdom and i really want to see that at least once! So my compromise and way to get YO! out of bed before 8:30am is to schedule something she can't refuse... a meal in Cindy's Castle. I have never had the breakfast there, but you know i am willing for forgo "awesome" food for a chance to hang 30 seconds with snow white :) I am thinking that we will most likely be heading back to the hotel for a nap as YO! was up early. Dinner is scheduled at the California Grill pre-fireworks in hopes of getting a window seat for our honeymoon. This isn't just wishes, its HOLIDAY wishes and if they are anything like MNSSHP fireworks they will be amazing from the top of the contemporary!!!

The Next day is Hollywood Studios day. I am hoping by an act of a more powerful source we can ride on TSM. However, riding to Endor a few (well more than a few times haha) is my main concern. Also I missed out on seeing Indiana Jones last trip and really want to see it this trip. I am going to try to convince YO! to let me ride on Tower of Terror (my favorite ride) and Aerosmith Rock and Roll Rollercoaster. I wont force her to go on them but i really want to!! Brunch is slated with momma at 50's Prime Time Cafe. I see they added a trio sampler of all three of their top sellers, YES PLEASE! HS is like MK in that they don't offer lots of places to eat that interest me. I am going back to Sci-Fi Dine in for a late lunch (light food). Reading blogs it appears some couples on their honeymoon were given carmel corn and Champaign Memosa's as toasts! Later on at night I am awaiting the booking window to book the HDDMR Cat1 on the dining plan!!

Next up is Hawaiian shirt day (Friday). We have Breakfast at Ohana and then Dinner at Ohana. What to do in between is totally up to how we feel that day. After dinner we Monorail it up back to Epcot to enjoy their Extra Magic Hours in the evening...out of the sun!

The next day is Hollywood Studios Extra Magic Hour Morning and perhaps a chance to ride TSM! it will be a late night the night before so I don't know how i am going to convince YO! to get up... its not like there is castle dining at HS! I have lunch slated at Crystal Palace... she loves Pooh and pals, so maybe that will be the carrot I dangle in front of her?! And actually, we have a castle dinner later at night which might end just in time to let out in front of the castle for Wishes on our final night. After that we will leisurely head back to boardwalk to hang out.

This is our final day, or checkout day if you will. I have scheduled Ohana breakfast in as that is our favorite breakfast character meal in the world. Then before we leave for home our final meal will be with Mickey and friends and Chef Mickeys... We have a hotel booked in Perry, GA that will be our resting point for the night

I may do one more pre-trip report when I am very close to tie up loose ends. Until that time, keep on keepin' on! countdown is on, one day at a time!

BraddyB
06-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Looks good to me! :D We had our honeymoon there, now its every other year for our anniversary ! Hopefully Narcoossee's can hook you up. We had our first dinner in the world as a married couple there. We were lucky and had a window view for Wishes. They also did a personalized menu for us. Not sure if they still do, but can't hurt to find out. ;)

brivers222
06-18-2011, 12:17 AM
after all of the attention we were given on our engagement, it was a now brainer where to spend our honeymoon! No place can spoil you as much Disney hahaha

Kairi_7378
06-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Your plans look wonderful! You have put so much thought into your trip. Yo! is a lucky girl. Congratulations!

We were planning to go to WDW for our honeymoon but were not able to take a trip when we first got married. We decided to go a few years ago and have "the honeymoon that we never had." You're right, no one can spoil you like Disney.

faline
06-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Nice planning! I'm sure you will have a wonderful honeymoon!

KylesMom
06-23-2011, 09:56 AM
where I said the pre-trip for this trip would be coming fall 2011... well, I am jumping the gun and getting the pre-trip started right now... because after getting the dining reservations and the hotel booked and the tentative park hours scheduled, what else is there. This cracks me up. :D Although I expect you'll both be awful busy in the coming months, finalizing the "other" thing - like the wedding???!

I know you've put a lot of thought & effort into your honeymoon trip, and it shows. You've got a lot of great plans & ADRs to keep Adrienne motivated to a) keep drivin' and b) get up early. :D

I hope you're successful in getting your HDDR ADR. You're going to have a wonderful trip, Brandon. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! :mickey:

brivers222
06-24-2011, 11:24 AM
You're going to have a wonderful trip, Brandon. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! :mickey:
Thank you very much... I mean people ask how they can get over the depression (or comedown) from returning home... simple, plan another trip... planning makes you feel like you are right in the thick of things again! Then before you know it you are heading down there again!

brivers222
06-24-2011, 11:24 AM
OOOPS, I did it again..... I went and changed it all around!

Actually what happened was awesome. I found Airfare for well under the price it would have cost to driving (in fact writing this just reminded me to cancel my hotels for driving)

But to get this...wait for it... LEGENDARY! airfare we had to flight down a day earlier and come back a day later from our original trip... Yeah i know, it stinks to have to EXTEND your time in disney, right? With the Help of Debbie and Nanci from Magical Journeys they updated my trip with Disney which allowed me to purchase my RT airfare on Delta this morning.

But now along with these changes (additions if you will) came the real issues and "fun". The ADRs for the new days!!! we are staying now for 10.....10 nights. So using the DlxDP we now have available 60 credits combined for food... for gid aboud id for snacks... when will we have time to snack?! ahaha such an amazing issue to have.

As a surprise I booked a Fort Wilderness sleigh ride for the first full day we are there... to happen before we dine atop the contemporary for Wishes fireworks!

here is a breakdown of the new and improved "way to much awesome" ADRs

Day 1: (flight arrives at 2:45pm)
(D) Ohana (2TS)

Day 2:
(L) Teppan Edo (2TS)
(D) California Grill (4TS) <-- Regular Wishes

Day 3:
(L) Whispering Canyon (2TS)
(D) Yachtsman Steakhouse (4TS)

Day 4:
(L) Le Chefs (2TS)
(D) Narcoosees (4TS) <-- Regular Wishes

Day 5:
(B) Tusker House (2TS)
(D) Crystal Palace (2TS)

Day 6:
(B) CRT (4TS)
(D) California Grill (4TS) <-- Holiday Wishes

Day 7:
(B) 50s Prime Time (2TS) <--11am is our breakfast ;)
(L) Mamma Melrose (2TS) <-- Fantasmic Package
(D) Hoop Dee Doo Music Revue (4TS)

Day 8:
(B) Ohana (2TS)
(D) Ohana (2TS)

Day 9:
(L) Sci-Fi Dine In (2TS)
(D) Coral Reef (2TS)

DAY 10:
(B) Ohana (2TS)
(L) CRT (4TS)
(D) Narcoosee (4TS) <-- Holiday Wishes

Day 11:
(B) Akershus Princess Storybook (2TS)

So if you are keeping track, thats a grand total of 60TS credits used on 21 ADRs during our 11 days in Walt disney world resort

I think it will be awesome to see both the Holiday Wishes and regular Wishes from both Narcoosee and California Grill. Which is main reason i book each twice

princessgirls
06-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Very nice Honeymoon plans!!!

They sound wonderful!!!

Julie:mickey:

January-2007
08-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Happy planning, Honeymooning in WDW is like no other trip. Enjoy!

MinnieMommie
08-07-2011, 11:18 AM
What thoughtful planning! Your STB-DW should be so pleased with everything. Your dinning plans are amazing...you have manged to fit in so many of the best venues. Just make sure to fit in some rest and relaxation. With 10 nights that should be doable. Look forward to reading your trip report! :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I think your newly added first day might be the most romantic of all. Great trip you've planned out! :thumbsup:

brivers222
10-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Okay, so I will admit... I haven't flown in an Airplane in about 22 years. I was a lot smaller then and didn't have to pay attention to the width of the cattle car seats. I declare myself to be big boned as opposed to poohsized, but I do see the resemblence ;) So imagine my horror when I realized the "non-refundable" seats I just booked in coach were for a seat with a width of 17inches?! I took out the measuring tape and all of my seats are 19" or more...UGH! So seeing how this is a "Vera Wang" issue (aka seats don't alter for you, you alter for them) I decided to Join the local gym!

I have lost 20lbs now which puts me able to probably wedge myself in the seats. I was on a roll going to the gym every day for 3 months... until I decided to play a recreational game of hockey with some former teammates. I twisted wrong and my back went out, went out for 10 days. Being stubborn I refused to go to the doctor and just self medicated... needless-to-say I fell out of the gym routine :( but I am still keeping the weight loss going using slimfast shakes for lunch and some fiberone bars for snacks (can't stand the slim fast bars).

I started watching the airfare and a great deal opened up allowing me to upgrade (yes there was a slight fee but it was manageable) to FIRST CLASS... buh bye 17" and hellooo 21" seats, alcohol and a meal.... not to mention 2 free checked bags! This will be the first time I have ever flown first class, so what better time then on your honeymoon!

Planning is coming along nicely, Debbie K from MJ is a dream come true. The dining has changed a lot...let's just say it evolved over time and I will post the "final" results in the week we leave.

One thing that is awesome is that we decided to exchange wedding presents early (its not for a month now) because we didn't want to carry the gifts to the hotel and all that jazz. Well I see why she wanted to give me mine early, she got me a Canon EOS Rebel T3i camera with "sniper" lense..... She wanted me to have ample time to practice before our trip lol

I am a little taken aback at how quickly I can fire off shots with this thing. I might be able to easly take more pictures than the 2,500 I took on our engagement session!!!!

On another awesome note Car rental keeps dropping. We are now at $478 for 11 days including taxes and the LDW at alamo. Pretty sweet.

So until next time, this is my pre-trip report and I am sticking to it...sorta!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-05-2011, 05:06 PM
What a wonderful time you have planned! No matter how much it evolves in the remaining days, it will pale in comparison to the life of happiness that I'm sure you and your beloved YO! will live together!

Good luck and Congratulations! It's been 11+ years since DH and I spent our honeymoon at WDW. It's gotten better by the day! ;)

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh, and I just wanted to say, hi neighbor! We are in Troy! We're driving down in 9 days... good ol 75 all the way down to the FL turnpike. We stop in atlanta though. That's about 12 hr on the road for us... w/ 2 kids in tow

brivers222
10-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Oh, and I just wanted to say, hi neighbor! We are in Troy! We're driving down in 9 days... good ol 75 all the way down to the FL turnpike. We stop in atlanta though. That's about 12 hr on the road for us... w/ 2 kids in tow

wow yeah definitely neighbors lol!

I couldn't trick my fiancee into driving down again... She isn't a good sleeper in the car (shame). in the past I used to stop in Tifton Georgia and have a small trip the next day. But the last two times I have gone I just muscled through it with several 5-hour energies and made the 18hour trip straight through.

Oh and Car rental via Costco just dropped from $478 to $436 over night!!!!!

With two kids that should be an experience for 12 hours lol... You driving during the night so that they sleep? Thats what my parents used to do with us

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-07-2011, 11:19 AM
wow yeah definitely neighbors lol!

I couldn't trick my fiancee into driving down again... She isn't a good sleeper in the car (shame).

With two kids that should be an experience for 12 hours lol... You driving during the night so that they sleep? Thats what my parents used to do with us

That is such a shame :D... I could fall asleep anywhere...

This is our 4th long car trip down so, we're all good! They LOVE the car ride - it's half the fun. Its the only time we let them watch all the movies/TV they want. They measure how far we have left in movie time... (how many movies more before we get there!)

We don't do well driving overnight. We are early birds so, we'd much rather just get up before the sun and drive until dusk. We tried the drive at night deal and it didn't work so well for any of us. The kids couldn't get comfortable in their car seats and we had to stop every 1.5 hrs because DH and I were both falling asleep. We know our limits! :D

Tygger7
10-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Hey, you're trip overlaps ours almost exactly! We're staying at POR for the first time, arriving late on 12/10. Candlelight Processional on 12/11, Osborne Lights on 12/12, MVMCP on 12/13, and CRT for dinner on 12/15. It's a trip of so many firsts for us!

Just wanted to say congratulations and we may see you there! :mickey:

brivers222
10-10-2011, 11:33 AM
We will be at the same Party on the 13th :)

we are going to the ones on the 9th and 11th also... love the magic kingdom so we want to be there as long as possible hahaha

we have the CP on the 10th.... so excited for NPH!!

first for us too, thats what makes it fun and exciting

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a lot of good eating:mickey:

brivers222
12-08-2011, 10:38 PM
The time is FINALLY here!!!!

Getting the last minute things packed into our suit cases for the flights.... Limo is picking us up at 6am (just under 7-1/2 hours from now) :D

We have completed the On-line check in for our Resort(s) as well as for the first leg of our flight.

I am not going to lie, the closer it got the more nervous i am for flying....its been 18years since i last flew and i was with my parents. This will be the first time either my wife (YO!) and I have flown apart from our parents.... Hopefully they still sell cotton candy past the security checkpoint, because that is what my mom used to give us once we got above the clouds :cloud9:

First class is nice in that they allow you 3 checked bags weighing 70lbs each...granted we are just doing one bag each plus carryon luggage.

I have been tweaking and tweaking and tweaking some more with the dining choices and below should now be the "Final Answer" regis!

Friday (Check In at Polynesian):
Chef Mickeys Dinner
MVMCP

Saturday:
Cindy Castle Breakfast
Beaches and Cream Lunch
Crystal Palace Dinner

Sunday:
Ohana Breakfast
Boma Dinner
MVMCP

Monday (OUR 1 MONTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY):
Key to the Kingdom Tour
SPA for YO! at SSR
California Grill Dinner (during wishes)
Sleigh Ride at fort wilderness

Tuesday:
Ohana Breakfast
Hoop Dee Doo Dinner
MVMCP

Wednesday (Switch to BWI):
Chef Mickeys Breakfast
Ohana Dinner

Thursday:
Sci-fi Dine Inn Breakfastish... spliting
50's Prime Time Lunch....Splititng
Whispering Canyon Dinner

Friday:
Cape May Cafe Breakfast
Le Cellier Lunch
Yachtsman Steakhouse Dinner

Saturday:
Captains Grille Breakfast
Garden Grill Lunch (gifting or CP seats to someone)
Narcoosee Dinner

Sunday:
Via Napoli Lunch
Ohana Dinner

Monday (GOING HOME :( ):
Les Chefs Lunch

I am not sure if i will be doing any reports during the trip unless we still get free wifi at the deluxe resorts. I am not going to pay for internet. However while YO! is sleeping i can do some trip reports of the previous day.

Since I got a Canon Rebel t3i as a wedding present from YO! I plan on taking well over 5000 pictures this trip (I got 2200 using a point a shoot camera). I am going to use flicker to upload them.... I will post a link to each days pictures (totally raw as i am not going to photo shop them until i get home....that computer is staying home lol)

So, for now its time to finish packing and then wait for the limo to pick us up to start our

:marg: OUR VERY MERRY DISNEYmoon CELEBRATION :marg:

AgentC
12-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Sounds like a great plan. We are going to be there this weekend too and are trying MvMCP for the first time.

Have an uneventful and easy flight. :mickey:

brivers222
12-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks! the flights were fine!

I will be working on my trip reports during the week as i have some time at work seeing how we are getting close to christmas shutdown.

faline
12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Glad the flights went well!

We were there during the same time frame so will be very interested in reading your reports!

EllieMae
12-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I hope that you had a magical time! We went for our honeymoon during Christmas 2 years ago and it was wonderful :cloud9:

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2011, 08:03 AM
I think you're both going to need a new wardrobe after all those awesome ADR's!!! That's some good eating!

brivers222
12-21-2011, 12:33 PM
lol yeah we are on diets now... thankful for First Class flights though... seating was not an issue haha

We ended up going to 24 different restuarants during our 11 day stay... Amazing time and as we called it "Brandon & Adrianne Festival of Food!"

but looking back we spent about 30 hours eating in our 11 days lol thats pretty funny!

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I can't wait to read your reports neighbor! Congrats by the way...

Did you see flick?

brivers222
12-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Thanks!

We saw flick in the parade but did not actually meet him this time. in fact, I dont remember seeing him in the park at all for the time we were there.

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-21-2011, 01:45 PM
How about Jiminy Cricket? Did you ever get to Rafiki's and meet him there?

brivers222
12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
How about Jiminy Cricket? Did you ever get to Rafiki's and meet him there?

We opted against that as we heard they traded him out for the cast of UP! So we just skipped Rafiki. AK is actually our least favorite park... we like the Detroit Zoo better lol We saw FOTLK and I rode on Expedition Everest Twice.... saw Pocihonnos and santa goofy as well as the parade before heading to AKL for boma dinner.

I did however get some nice shots of Jiminy in the Celebrate parade at MK... I like my 300mm sniper lens ;)