PDA

View Full Version : Swim with fish at the waterpark?

idreamofdisney
06-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Someone mentioned to me that they thought one of the parks at Disney allowed you to swim with fish. Does anyone know which one it is? Also, my parents are coming with us and they do not swim - is the any way they can enjoy this too maybe by just standing on the edges but not actually swimming? They get in the pool but they don't really swim - they just get cooled off!

BugeyedMuggy
06-17-2011, 09:39 AM
It is free at Typhoon Lagoon and there are sharks in there with you. Yuor parents can watch from the bridge or the submarine. There is also a dolphin experience that costs extra in the Living Seas.

phillydan
06-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Be aware - the water is very cold at the Typhoon Lagoon snorkleing experience. There are sharks, rays and tropical fish. There is no where to stay in the water and observe; you have to use the bridge or submarine, as the previous post said.

Poohshoneypot
06-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Yes, the water is freezing, but it's a neat experience.

kemps@wdw
06-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Shark Reef @ Typhoon Lagoon. It's cold, short, and you swim with real sharks! Loved it! Your family can watch from a couple of different vantage points. I also believe there is a dolphin interaction program @ the Seas in Epcot.

wdwaggie
06-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Even though they don't swim, they can still enjoy the experinence while wearing life vests and kicking their feet with fins. Its really a great experience.

DAWS
06-21-2011, 11:24 PM
This is one of my favorite experiences. Period. I never miss this when we go to a waterpark.

Kenny1113
06-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Even though they don't swim, they can still enjoy the experinence while wearing life vests and kicking their feet with fins. Its really a great experience.

Actually, if I remember correctly, I think they ask you not to kick.

ftwildernesskid
06-22-2011, 10:44 AM
You arent supposed to kick your feet, and you arent wearing fins. It's not an overly long area that you cross and if you used fins to kick across, you'd be done in 10 seconds. I also think if they aren't swimmers it may be a little much for them, even with a vest. Using a snorkel makes it more intense on top of not being comfortable with the water. Of course, if they want to try it and ithey decide it's not for them, they can do that too. Just as you enter there's a place where you kneel and put your face in to see if everythong is working right. They would get an idea then if it would be too much.

Giselle
06-22-2011, 01:58 PM
How deep is the water in this area? Any guess on how long it is? How about age or height requirements?

BugeyedMuggy
06-24-2011, 12:10 PM
You are asked to keep moving along while swimming. I don't know how deep it is but you can't touch bottom.