PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier-Thinking I need a backup plan

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Monday will be my 180 day mark to make my ADRs....After a current poster said they were unable to get LeCellier during their December trip I am thinking I need a backup plan....can anyone who has eaten at these places recently give me an opinion and what would you pick:

1. Coral Reef
2. Teppan Edo
3. Rose and Crown
4. Garden Grill

I'm not really feeling Garden Grill because I would like to do something different but I know it would be a safe bet food selection wise...just wanted a little more wow...a special dining experience for our vacation:confused:

TiggerDeb
06-17-2011, 08:47 AM
We have eaten in all the places you mentioned and I would go with Teppan Edo. We tried it the last time we were in the land of magic and loved it. Going back again in September.:mickey:

exvagirl
06-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Absolutely Teppan Edo...went there for my birthday one vacation, and then just for fun another time, always a great meal, and the hibachi guys are hilarious! :thumbsup:

faline
06-17-2011, 09:05 AM
We weren't able to get into Le Cellier either for our next trip which surprised me - I thought there might be more availability with the switch to 2 credits. We booked Yachtsman Steak House instead.

Dulcee
06-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Teppan Edo is fun but we rarely do it at disney as its pretty run of the mill for hibachi restaurant and we often do them at home.

My vote would got to Rose & Crown. We always enjoy our meal there.

cajunprincess
06-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Another vote for Teppan Edo. We ate here in May and it was WONDERFUL! The food was excellent as was the service. I will absolutly eat here again!!!:mickey:

lighteningqueen
06-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Teppon teppon teppon

BugeyedMuggy
06-17-2011, 09:41 AM
We have eaten at all 4 and Teppan Edo or Rose & Crown would get our vote.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Faline, I have seen three or four Intercotees say they couldn't get LeCellier recently and I really wasn't thinking I'd have a problem with 180 days out.....

Wow, Teppon Edo must really be good. I will keep that in mind Monday.

Madame Leona
06-17-2011, 10:37 AM
I've only eaten at Rose and Crown but I thought it was wonderful. I would highly recommend it!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-17-2011, 10:57 AM
yeah, personally I would love to do Rose and Crown just wondering if I can sell my mom and son.....

Strmchsr
06-17-2011, 11:13 AM
We weren't able to get into Le Cellier either for our next trip which surprised me - I thought there might be more availability with the switch to 2 credits. We booked Yachtsman Steak House instead.

I've spoken to a couple of CM friends. The reason everyone is having trouble getting Le Cellier is they are holding a huge block of reservations for CP packages (which have not yet been released). Not only was I unable to get Le Cellier but, for the first time ever, I wasn't able to get a single time for Rose & Crown for the entire week except for 1 night at 8:30 pm. It's the same reason. CP packages are holding everything up. Not too happy about that. So, you might drop Rose & Crown off your list too unless you like to eat late at night.

PlutoPlanet
06-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Would you consider Captain's Grille as a substitute for LeCellier? I think the steak at Captain's Grille is very good.

SJSJ4
06-17-2011, 01:18 PM
What is a CP Package? Is Tappen on the disney Dining Plan? I have never tried it but you all make it sound like it would be a good one to try

faline
06-17-2011, 01:22 PM
What is a CP Package? Is Tappen on the disney Dining Plan? I have never tried it but you all make it sound like it would be a good one to try

Candlelight Processional. They provide reserved seating at this event to folks who have dined at specific restaurants but the reservation needs to be made as part of a Candlelight Processional package and is not available just because you've dined at the restaurant.

brivers222
06-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Monday will be my 180 day mark to make my ADRs....After a current poster said they were unable to get LeCellier during their December trip I am thinking I need a backup plan....can anyone who has eaten at these places recently give me an opinion and what would you pick:

1. Coral Reef
2. Teppan Edo
3. Rose and Crown
4. Garden Grill

I'm not really feeling Garden Grill because I would like to do something different but I know it would be a safe bet food selection wise...just wanted a little more wow...a special dining experience for our vacation:confused:

It depends on what you are booking for LeCellier.. if for lunch (1 credit) i would try Teppan Edo. I have never eaten there but love the steakhouses around our house!

If for Dinner (2 credits) i would suggest Yachtsman Steakhouse... This happened to be our 2 credit alternative for LeCellier.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-17-2011, 08:35 PM
We would really like to stay in Epcot for at least one TS...however, just for giggles I did a search to see what is available 180 days from today...OMG, it is terrible half the Epcot eateries are not available...they have LeCellier, Rose and Crown, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Bistro De Paris all blocked out and a couple others weren't available either ( I think Tutto was one also)...I am getting very nervous about this we may have to leave the park and that is a hassle....

By the Way, my family liked the looks of both Rose and Crown and Coral Reef. It looks like a moot point though. I think this is a terrible thing for Disney to do. They are making extra money on the CP at the expense of their other customers. It should be first come first serve.:mad:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Looked it up again and no availabilites 180 days from today for:

Dinner:

LeCellier
Rose and Crown
Garden Grill
Coral Reef

Lunch:

LeCellier
Rose and Crown
Garden Grill
Coral Reef
La Hacienda de San Angel

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

brivers222
06-18-2011, 12:17 PM
it never occurred to me that is why I didnt see any of those! its a shame! but really if you end up NOT getting any of those on monday seriously look at booking Yachtsman (if you have 2ts credits to use)... its right near Epcot :) then if by luck the ressies open for those listed you can switch it up at that time. In the meantime you can at least know you are going to have a great steakhouse :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Well, we didn't want to leave the park and we didn't want to use two credits on this meal, so Yachtsman wouldn't work for us...it sounds great though.:mickey:

As it turns out, I took another look at the WS menus and printed Chefs De France out...My family really liked the looks of their menu so were are going to have an option that will make everyone happy. Actually, my son decided it might be better than LeCellier after all. We haven't eaten here in six years so I'm hoping it will be great.

Its very funny how things work out really. We've had our ADR's picked out for months and have just been waiting until our 180 day out period which is two days from now. Not only have we changed our Epcot choice, we are rethinking some other ressies as well. We had intended to do RFC-AK for breakfast but they open well after park opening and we don't want to sacrifice any park time in the couple of hours after opeing, so that one is out. We will grab a snack in our room that morning. Another thing I am considering is upgrading our Fantasmic Package to Brown Derby instead of Mama Melrose's since we will have one less TS breakfast. I guess I'll see what happens Monday morning.:blush:

Narawen
06-18-2011, 01:09 PM
I heard people having problems with Dec reservations. Some restaurants are holding back tables for when they release the CP packages, and some CMs have said restaurants like Le Cellier and Coral Reef haven't added all their tables to the website. If you don't get it on the first shot, keep trying!

crltkcagle
06-18-2011, 08:59 PM
We LOVE the garden grill! The food, atmosphere and character interaction are great! We also enjoyed Teppan Edo. I think either of those choices as back up would be great! But I am crossing my fingers for you to get Le Cellier!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks I think we've just decided to go with Les Chefs De France...its funny Lecellier was a must do a few weeks ago but now we're content to change

Fastpasssteve
06-20-2011, 02:21 AM
I love the Garden Grill. I love the food (most of it grown right there in EPCOT) and the character interaction. I've had really good times there.

However...

if you are looking for an upscale evening, perhaps this isn't what you're looking for. If you want candlelight, cloth napkins, and "atmosphere," then perhaps you should try someplace else.

brivers222
06-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I heard people having problems with Dec reservations. Some restaurants are holding back tables for when they release the CP packages, and some CMs have said restaurants like Le Cellier and Coral Reef haven't added all their tables to the website. If you don't get it on the first shot, keep trying!

Yeah i just scored a coral reef ressie for 9:20PM on 12/17... buh bye Chef Mickeys lol

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-22-2011, 01:25 PM
yeah, I noticed dinner times now open for Lecellier the dates I wanted still no lunches though...guess they are having harder time filling those dinner times since its 2 credits.....we will be content with Chefs:mickey:

brivers222
06-22-2011, 03:02 PM
yeah, I noticed dinner times now open for Lecellier the dates I wanted still no lunches though...guess they are having harder time filling those dinner times since its 2 credits.....we will be content with Chefs:mickey:

oh really? hmm i might try a little harder looking for lecellier...

you will be quite happy with chefs... its our favorite restaurant in Epcot :)

lighteningqueen
06-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Why not try Teppon Edo their steak is so good and as their chicken and shrimp.. I just cannot see how that tiny high priced steak can be so good.. I have seen more and more disappointments lately on Le Cellier. You might rethink that. As for Chef Mickeys very bland cafeteria dinner food and not much selection really We only go there for Breakfast.. how can you mess that up right?? Just a thought

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-22-2011, 03:25 PM
oh really? hmm i might try a little harder looking for lecellier...

you will be quite happy with chefs... its our favorite restaurant in Epcot :)

The times were after 8pm for Lecellier (I think 820?) but still if you really want it keep checking back, it worked for us with Ohana.....

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Why not try Teppon Edo their steak is so good and as their chicken and shrimp.. I just cannot see how that tiny high priced steak can be so good.. I have seen more and more disappointments lately on Le Cellier. You might rethink that. As for Chef Mickeys very bland cafeteria dinner food and not much selection really We only go there for Breakfast.. how can you mess that up right?? Just a thought

Not sure if you were talking to me or the previous poster....As for us we actually considered Teppon Edo at one point but decided against it for a couple of reasons (1) My mom just doesn't like Japenese even hibachi (2) We can actually get pretty decent hibachi here and so we wanted to try something that would seem different to us.....We did actually decide against Lecellier we are going with Chefs De France instead.

darthmacho
06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
We did both Le Cellier and Chefs last summer, and I have to say, I like Chefs just a little bit more, even though we missed seeing Remy. :(

brivers222
06-22-2011, 05:10 PM
They (disney) just released 2011 CP speakers... 12/10-12/12 will be NPH!!!

I am going to try my best to get LeCellier CP package for our anniversary on the 12th!!!

Mickey91
06-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Yea, Le Cellier still has dinner times for our July trip. This would have been unheard of inside 150 days when it was only one TS credit. It just isn't worth giving up two credits.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-27-2011, 10:10 AM
They (disney) just released 2011 CP speakers... 12/10-12/12 will be NPH!!!

I am going to try my best to get LeCellier CP package for our anniversary on the 12th!!!

We did this in 2008 and had Edward James Olmos he was great! Of course, the CP only took one dining credit then.....

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Yea, Le Cellier still has dinner times for our July trip. This would have been unheard of inside 150 days when it was only one TS credit. It just isn't worth giving up two credits.

Yeah, I would be interested in knowing how well they are doing compared to last year:mickey:

disneydeb
06-27-2011, 10:33 AM
We went to Le Cellier during our May trip @ the cost of 2 dining credits. I'm sorry to say it was the WORST meal we have ever had at the restaurant. Never again!

CanadaLovesDisney
06-27-2011, 11:59 AM
If you enjoy seafood then coral reef is a great option! We have made it a must-do from now on!

Have an amazing trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-27-2011, 04:32 PM
We went to Le Cellier during our May trip @ the cost of 2 dining credits. I'm sorry to say it was the WORST meal we have ever had at the restaurant. Never again!

That's too bad...you had to use two credits and it was not good...I think this is one case where Disney should have left well enough alone

Jillirose
06-28-2011, 08:18 AM
We liked Chefs de France (including kids ages 11 and 14 at that time). Coral Reef and Via Napoli are also on their favorite short list.