PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Bottled Water Aboard

DisneyPrincess21
06-17-2011, 01:24 AM
I have heard many different conflicting answers on this.

I want to bring a couple of cases's of water with me on my upcoming 7 Day DCL. Last time when I went on a 3 day I packed some in my luggage, but for this cruise I will need at least a case or two of water for my family. (Don't judge me it's all I drink, I believe I am part camel! :blush: :secret:)

Any who, I have heard that if you are bringing actual cases of water you can just simply attach one of your extra DCL luggage tags to the actual case of water and give it to the porter, and it will be delivered to your room. Is this correct? Or does the case of water have to be put in a suitcase?

Thanks! :wave:

Ed
06-18-2011, 06:58 AM
The "must be in your carry-on" rule seems to only apply to alcoholic beverages and other breakable bottles. You should be able to bring your water as you describe.

You can also purchase cases of water onboard (although it's pricy :spend: ), and the tap water aboard is also quite good, FWIW.

DisneyPrincess21
06-20-2011, 04:32 PM
The "must be in your carry-on" rule seems to only apply to alcoholic beverages and other breakable bottles. You should be able to bring your water as you describe.

You can also purchase cases of water onboard (although it's pricy :spend: ), and the tap water aboard is also quite good, FWIW.

So do you think I can just stick a luggage tag on the outside of the actual case of water, or does the water have to be placed inside of a suitcase?

:blush: I know I can purchase Evian on board, but at the rate I drink water I could probably rent out the whole ship by the time I was done paying for water. LOL :secret:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-20-2011, 10:20 PM
We stuck our case of water inside a duffle bag ... don't know if I had to do it, but it made it on with no issues.

Donald_Quackers
06-20-2011, 10:48 PM
It's not recommended to put those into checked luggage. The porters shouldn't take them, but they don't work for Disney, and should they break (we know they most likely won't but given how they are handled, I wouldn't want to take the chance) it would hurt all the luggage around it, not just your own.

It is recommended that you bring it with your carry ons.

DisneyPrincess21
06-21-2011, 03:07 AM
We stuck our case of water inside a duffle bag ... don't know if I had to do it, but it made it on with no issues.
Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

It's not recommended to put those into checked luggage. The porters shouldn't take them, but they don't work for Disney, and should they break (we know they most likely won't but given how they are handled, I wouldn't want to take the chance) it would hurt all the luggage around it, not just your own.

It is recommended that you bring it with your carry ons.

I'm not really sure how a case of water in plastic bottles inside of a suitcase can break.... :confused:

MarkC
06-30-2011, 02:05 PM
I won't judge you, but I do ask that you and everyone on this board to please recycle their bottles, cans, plastics, papers, cardboard etc when they can, especially when they are home. I can't believe how much waste we humans produce that could easily be recycled. Its not us we have to worry about but it is for our kids and grandkids.