PDA

View Full Version : Something of yours at Disney?

BAMABOY
06-16-2011, 01:22 PM
I was reading another post and someone said that their mother wanted her ashes spread out at Disney. That got me to thinking, has anyone else left something of personal value at Disney? When my divorce was final, I went on a trip with a few friends to WDW to get my mind off of things. My ex and I had been there during the Millennium Celebration and we had our picture on "Leaving a Legacy", my two boys think that it is hilarious :funny::rotfl: and point it out to me every time we go now. Anyway, while at Epcot with my friends I had brought my wedding band with me, I stopped on the a bridge in World Showcase near the UK, a spot where my ex and I had a picture talked that was on our mantle at our house, and I threw my ring into the lagoon. It kinda gave me closure in a strange way. Has anybody else even done anything along these lines?
By the way, my wife thinks I was crazy and should have sold the ring!

darthmacho
06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Ours wasn't on purpose, but my wife lost a gold cross earring during our honeymoon at WDW, and to this day we don't know exactly where, and likely it wound up in the trash somewhere, but I'd like to think it's still there.

What's so special about the earring? Well, when we were 15yo, my left ear was pierced, and the gold cross was my favorite earring. When I started dating my wife, I decided one day to let her wear it, and I never got it back, but I didn't mind. 12 years later, while on our honeymoon, she put it on at the Wilderness Lodge, and thought she was wearing it when we left to catch the monorail and to see the Poly Luau. When we got there, the earring was missing and we never saw it again.

DW was pretty broken up by it, and thought I'd be angry, but of course I wasn't. I told her that it was a fitting place for her to leave it because it represented a new beginning for us, and we left a little bit of ourselves there in our honeymoon place! :mickey:

disneymom15
06-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Does a baseball cap and atleast 2 pair of sunglasses count?

BrowncatP
06-16-2011, 07:22 PM
While waiting for the boat at the Wilderness Lodge, I had a loose hair that I dropped in the water. I thought, "I'm leaving my DNA at DW!"

kemps@wdw
06-17-2011, 12:20 AM
DH and I have a Legacy and so does DD. We take a photo of it every time we go, and that photo is in each WDW scrapbook I have for each year. And about spreading ashes @ WDW, DD says he wants that too. My mom passed away in '06 and had told me on several occasions that she always wanted to travel around the world and have her ashes scattered over the ocean. So, after a trip to Destin (where we had a small ceremony), my only other option is to take the remainder to WDW and spread a little in each country.

JasonH
06-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Hmmmmm, this has got me thinking. I wonder if I can get myself cremated when I die, have the ashes put into an urn and then convince WDW to place my urn as an addition to HM? Perhaps on the organ or on the mantle of the fireplace in the dining hall/ballroom scene would be good. Then that way, if I come back as a ghost, I WILL be the 1000th happy haunt. :hmghost::hmghost::hmghost:

Plus on top of that, I already have a little bit of myself there by having my pic on the Leave A Legacy wall. :D

PopPhan
06-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Something of mine at Disney (WDW)???

How about...My childhood! And I have to keep returning on a regular basis to revisit it!! :mickey:

TikiLounger
06-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Hmmmm...I've never left anything intentionally, but this thread has convinced me that it's time. The little "hamster on a wheel" in my brain is working overtime, now. *think, think, think* The question is not, "Will I leave anything behind?" but, "WHAT will I leave behind?"

ransam
06-17-2011, 01:21 PM
It's so funny you said that... I went to disney in January and i knew my friend was coming the following week. so i gave a CM at the bakery on MS an envelope and a 10 dollar bill in it. i told her the exact date he would be there.

Our tradition is to walk down mainstreet, stop at the bakery, get a cookie and walk to the castle while eating the cookie. so i called him that morning from kansas and told him when he goes to teh bakery to ask for her. He did and she gave him the envelope w/ the money and a note saying the cookie was on me.....

Snow's Mom
06-17-2011, 01:26 PM
"Baseball cap and sunglasses" made me laugh out loud. I could add to that list!

How about my savings account???

LovinWDW
06-17-2011, 02:41 PM
We always hide a quarter somewhere in the MK during our trip and try to find it during our next trip. The past two times we hid it in the rafters of the juice and coffee stand near the tea cups. However, it was gone both times during our return trips. We have another one hiding there right now and in 27 days I will be looking for it. So, anyone reading this post, DON'T STEAL IT BEFORE I GET THERE!:)

Fastpasssteve
06-17-2011, 02:59 PM
I left my lunch in EPCOT following an unfortunate 2nd ride on Mission: Space. I don't think this post is necessarily reflects the spirit of the original poster. Sorry.

I will have to think about this for the future.

phillydan
06-18-2011, 12:13 AM
I have left several thousands of dollars...

paragon
06-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Just footprints...

We LOVE Disney
06-18-2011, 08:40 AM
My sister & her family went the same year me & my family went but they were there a few months before us (it was 2004). While they were there she told me she secretly left a note at Prime Time Cafe and when we got there to look and see if it was still there. When we got to the restaurant, sure enough, it was still there! I'm not sure if this area still looks the same now but there was a TV in the waiting area and there was a fake plant near it. She left the note under the fake plant way in the corner of the shelf the tv and plant were on. People probably wondered why we were digging around behind a fake plant at the time :blush:

magicofdisney
06-18-2011, 09:48 AM
We always hide a quarter somewhere in the MK during our trip and try to find it during our next trip. The past two times we hid it in the rafters of the juice and coffee stand near the tea cups. However, it was gone both times during our return trips. We have another one hiding there right now and in 27 days I will be looking for it. So, anyone reading this post, DON'T STEAL IT BEFORE I GET THERE!:)
I think this is a neat challenge for us all.

Last night I was at Lowes having keys made. They had a key concealer, in the shape of a sprinkler head. I wonder if that could be used at Disney, hidden in the bushes somewhere, with a little object inside. However, as soon as an astute CM saw a non-compliant sprinkler, game over. ;) Still, it's something to think about.

crltkcagle
06-18-2011, 10:58 AM
I have left several thousands of dollars...

LOL!!!!:spend:

ElenitaB
06-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Last night I was at Lowes having keys made. They had a key concealer, in the shape of a sprinkler head. I wonder if that could be used at Disney, hidden in the bushes somewhere, with a little object inside. However, as soon as an astute CM saw a non-compliant sprinkler, game over. ;) Still, it's something to think about.
Not to be a party pooper but in this day and age, I'd hate to add to the tasks already faced by WDW security, who may be looking for unwanted/unauthorized packages.

As for me, lanyards with pins, a baseball cap or two and yes, several thousand dollars! :blush:

Kairi_7378
06-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Ours wasn't on purpose, but my wife lost a gold cross earring during our honeymoon at WDW, and to this day we don't know exactly where, and likely it wound up in the trash somewhere, but I'd like to think it's still there.

What's so special about the earring? Well, when we were 15yo, my left ear was pierced, and the gold cross was my favorite earring. When I started dating my wife, I decided one day to let her wear it, and I never got it back, but I didn't mind. 12 years later, while on our honeymoon, she put it on at the Wilderness Lodge, and thought she was wearing it when we left to catch the monorail and to see the Poly Luau. When we got there, the earring was missing and we never saw it again.

DW was pretty broken up by it, and thought I'd be angry, but of course I wasn't. I told her that it was a fitting place for her to leave it because it represented a new beginning for us, and we left a little bit of ourselves there in our honeymoon place! :mickey:

I just wanted to say that this was a very sweet story!

I haven't left anything there (on purpose!) but I did ask a lot of design-specific questions to the cast member who lead our Keys to the Kingdom tour a few years ago. (I blame by civil engineering degree!) So if nothing else, I left a strange impression for a few hours on the cast member :-)

MissTink
06-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Last trip we stayed in ASMovies we had to push the 1 bed over to the wall (DS has a habit of tossing himself out of bed in the middle of the night!) I took down the large poster size Toy Story picture frame so it wouldn't fall on him and on the back side in small print it said "The Johansen's - February 2006" I thought that was pretty cool, never got around to putting our "tag" on it.

Never left anything intentional but I do like that idea...