PDA

View Full Version : Safe to get on Splash pregnant?

Cjsmom1811
06-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Just found out that baby #2 is on the way! Im about 3 months and will be visiting the Magic Kingdom in a week! Does anyone know if theres a restriction for pregnant woman to get on Splash Moutian? I can live with not getting on the other two moutians in the park but I GOTTA get on SM!
Any other rides I wouldnt be able to get on also?

Thanks in advance!

angyl15
06-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Been there in the same situation and I skipped it - esp in the 1st trimester. If you really miss it, watch a video on youtube. I know the chances are slim, but just wasn't worth it to risk it for me.

Dulcee
06-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Talk to your Dr. I'm sure they've been asked similar(and stranger!) questions before.:)

BrerGnat
06-15-2011, 02:39 PM
No, it's not safe. If a ride has a pregnancy warning, it's not safe. If you ride it, you're doing it at the risk of your baby. The first trimester is especially fragile, as all the baby's blood vessels and nerve endings are forming, as well as the placenta. Any sudden acceleration can rupture the extremely thin vessels in the baby or can tear your placenta away from where it's trying to get anchored for the next several months. Seriously, not worth it!

phillydan
06-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Besides the other points raised, there are lap bars on Splash now. Not worth the risk IMHO.

ChipNDale79
06-15-2011, 04:28 PM
We went in March and wife was/is pregnant. We skipped all of the mountains.

To our surprise there was still a TON of things that we could still do, we had a blast.

Now we can't wait for Sept 2012 to take our son on our first family trip :mickey:

darthmacho
06-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Skip all rides with pregnancy warnings! Seriously! :stop:

Then start planning your next trip. Remember, WDW has Bounceback offers and baby swaps, if you know what I mean? ;)

Red Randal
06-16-2011, 11:19 AM
DO NOT RIDE!!

The ride might seem tame and while it generally is, pregnancy warnings are there in case something goes wrong. It's breakdowns that cause the problems. I'm thinking, your log gets jammed up and rammed from behind at a high speed, sending you careening forward and into your lap bar. Not something you want while pregnant.

If you really love Splash Mountain that much, think of how you'll feel about your favorite ride if something catastrophic happens while you're riding it.

Sorry to disappoint but trust me, it's not worth the risk!

Victor Kelly
06-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Don't ride. It is not worth putting a baby at risk. Skip all rides with prenancy warnings.

Basically you are down to rides like Pirates and Haunted Mansion, and TTA and of course shows.

Sorry, but I am cautious.

brownie
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Follow the warnings and talk to your doctor about things you should or shouldn't do beyond the warnings.

flipadeeflop
06-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Skip it so you have an excuse to go back as soon as you all can after you have the baby!!!!!!!!!!!

diz_girl
06-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Skip it. It's a 7-story drop.

When I was pregnant with DS3, I avoided all of the rides with pregnancy warnings, except Soarin'.

joonyer
06-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Probably nothing would happen, but there is a risk. Then again, there's a risk in almost everything we do, like riding a bike or driving a car. But the warnings are there for a reason, and that reason is protect Disney in case something does happen.
The human body is generally pretty tough, and many of the product warnings on things don't really stop most of us from engaging in risky activities. BUT, only you can decide whether you should take this chance. I think most people in your position would not.

Cjsmom1811
06-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks guys! I wasnt sure if there is a pregnancy warning or not. Was not aware they put lap bars. Im actualy happy to hear they did! Looks like ill be skipping all moutians! Better believe ill be getting on HM and POTC A MILLION TIMES!!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-18-2011, 11:47 PM
My first thought was that it should be OK but the cons raised by all the others bring up very valid points. I wouldn't chance it. It will be there next time. And congrats!!

lawgirl
07-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Being a recent mom myself, I would stay far, far away from any ride that has any kind of serious motion...SM included. Sorry!

If you are seriously thinking about riding I would definitely talk to your doctor and get their approval.

If it were me, I'd wait...just think about all the fun times you will share with your child at WDW...its not worth risking any complcations!

Gator
07-04-2011, 06:54 PM
This is one of the times I'm thankful to be a man. On our last trip, my wife was 4 months along and wouldn't ride Splash. So I took the kids on it. I feel your pain in wanting to ride Splash and then you can't. Just remember what's important and that's the life of that child.:mickey: And then think of all the fun you'll have when you both get to ride it together for the first time.