PDA

View Full Version : Great FL Adventure Part 7

EpcotChic23
06-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Today is our last full day in Disney. :( It's the first time....ever I have mixed feelings about leaving. Of course I don't want to leave but the way DD is acting I am ready to be in the comforts of our home, hopefully that is all she needs. Just like what we do all of our last days is try to jam pack everything we still want to do. I know that is not going to happend. DH and I deciede we want to go to Epcot one last time. It's my fav so it will not hurt. By time we get there it is around 11 am. So we walk to the Land to grab some lunch. I had some kind of goat cheese and beet salad, which was good. DD had mac and cheese and I don't remember what DH but everything was good. The wait for Sorain is crazy so I don't even consider it. We go on Living with the Land, DH LOVES this ride. He says it's so relaxing. Then we leave The Land, and DD tanturms began. Eventually she did fall asleep and we just sat by a the fountain of nations and ate some ice cream. We switched off going into Mouse Gears for last min shopping. Picked up some gifts for our friends kids back home. Then DD wakes up and wants out of her stroller and wants ma ma to carry her. I do at first then she wants to run. We let her. DH chooses to go into guest relations one last time to check for his sunglasses. I take dd back to the hotel. She is good sitting in her stroller on the monorail but once out once we get off. We are walking back to the Poly so once we get on the hotel grounds I take her out and let her go. I run into my dad who takes over chasing her and I go to the room to start packing. We spend the next couple of hours packing. The ME picks us up at 10 am tomorrow so we will have no time to pack in the morning. We have dinner at Liberty Tree. My mom and brother head into the MK for last min shopping while Dad, Dh, DD and I stay back to finish packing. We eventually meet up with everyone at the MK for dinner. And just like last night DD has no desiere to sit and eat. But luckly this time we are with a big group so we take turns chasing her outside. Dinner is good there. Everyone likes everything there. I do miss the charcters though.

At this point I am mentally tired. I have come to the conclusion this is the terrible twos and they just happend to start in Disney. My dad and I take DD on Small world one last time. My dad is 65 years old and he loves Small World. I can't believe I rode it 3 times in one trip. The things you do for kids. After the ride, my dad sees my face and just see's I am so upset with leaving and how DD is acting. He says he will take DD back to the hotel with my mom and brother and lets us enjoy the MK alone one last time. I thanked both my parents and watched them carry out my screaming daughter. They said once she got on the monorail she was fine.

At this point MEP is starting in 45 so I find a spot right when the parade starts to watch it. DH shops through the stores during this point. We watch the parade, I am sorry if I offend anyone I like MEP but there is something about Spectro Magic that I love. After the parade I notice in 15 min the Magic the memories and you will begin. So DH and I find a good spot near to castle to watch it. O MY GOD it is such an amazing show. When they first announced just like everyone else on intercot I thought it was a horrible idea, but I am so glad we were wrong. The song just made me cry so hard (thank God it was dark). I am sure it was not just the song, but knowing I was going home tomorrow and the stress of DD, plus the lryics to song = ME crying. Then we watched Wishes. The park was closeing in 30 min so we headed to the monorail. Good think we did. Buy time got on the monorail and pulled out of the station the line was very bad. We get back to the Poly. It was very quiet there. We go to our room where my dad was reading a book and DD was asleep. He told me if I want go to the bar for one last drink. I ask my mom if she wants to join and she said no but enjoy. Do DH and I go to the bar. There was like 6 people at the bar and no one at the round tables. We order our drinks. I got the Lupa Lupa which is in a pineapple It is what I call the tropical version of LI Ice tea. It is strong but seriously makes me from sad to kind of happy:cloud9:. It is always fun to drink this drink b/c they people always laugh when they see me drinking it.

We head back to the room and say good night to WDW one last time:sad:

mouseketeer mom
06-15-2011, 10:22 AM
DD didn't make things easy on you this trip! It's a tricky age, its likely she wouldn't be like this on your next trip, kids change so very quick!
I laughed when you said how much your DH loves The Land ride. So does my 17 yo daughter., she loves it, and we're all like ????

KylesMom
06-15-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm sure it was a mixed bag of emotions for you with it being your last day - and things not going quite how you had envisioned them with DD. I'm glad that you've had your extended family to help you and DH out during her difficult periods and that you were able to enjoy a "lupa lupa" with your husband the last evening. :papple:

faline
06-15-2011, 07:33 PM
It was really nice you and your husband got some alone time to end your trip! How nice you have such wonderful parents!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the report

pdrlkr
06-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: