PDA

View Full Version : La Hacienda de San Angel vs. Les Chefs de France

jenperich
06-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Have an ADR @ La Hacienda for 7:30(w/Illuminations @ 9), however I'm second guessing this choice and I'm thinking I should make an ADR @ Les Chefs. We went to Les Chefs last year and we really loved it. However, I'm wondering if we should try somewhere new. Any thoughts?

AllDisney
06-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Like them both but would have to pick Les Chefs

SBETigg
06-15-2011, 03:04 AM
That's a tough one, the tried and true and loved vs the unknown that could become a new favorite, or... I wrestle with it every trip. But trying the new is how we have found new favorites, and we know the other favorites will still be there next time.

Fastpasssteve
06-15-2011, 03:30 AM
I love Chefs de France, but I had some slammin' ribeye tacos there a couple years ago. Yum!!!

SBETigg
06-15-2011, 07:48 AM
I love Chefs de France, but I had some slammin' ribeye tacos there a couple years ago. Yum!!!

Slamming ribeye tacos at Chefs? I think you mean in Mexico? But not at La Hacienda because it wasn't open yet a few years ago. Maybe at San Angel Inn or La Cantina de San Angel?

darthmacho
06-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Don't doubt yourself' Chef's is great, but La Hacienda sounds great too, and supposedly has great views. Go for the new, since it was your first instinct. Can't lose either way though.

laprana
06-15-2011, 05:02 PM
I would go with La Hacienda to try something new! We've eaten at Chefs 3 times now and have loved it every time. But, on our trip a couple weeks ago, we ate at both Chefs and La Hacienda. Chefs was wonderful as usual, but La Hacienda was a really great surprise. I went into the dinner without any expectations...it is still fairly new and I'm not a big fan of Mexican food. But, man, was it good! It ended up being one of my top 3 meals of our whole trip and the server we had was the absolute best of the trip. I'd recommend the mixed grill dish that serves two...the steak was excellent and the chicken was amazing! And you can't go wrong with the views. Just about the whole wall facing the lagoon is nothing but windows. Beautiful! :thumbsup: