PDA

View Full Version : Sports bar - NHL Game 7 Final

BigRedDad
06-14-2011, 12:47 PM
OK, I have to watch the Stanley Cup final game. I do not want to watch it in the room. Is there a good bar to watch sports at in Universal's properties?

Since I will be beat, we are not doing too much that Wednesday and keeping it low key. But watching the final game is something I will not miss.

NJGIRL
06-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Off the top of my head..... I know when my sister was in Rome the Hard Rock showed the World Cup so you might want to call them and see if they will be showing the NHL finals. If they are invest in a Hard Rock VIP card (around $25) which will give you front of the line access to any Hard Rock.

Nascar Cafe has TV also but I'm not sure if they show anything but car racing.

Finnegan's may have TV's but I can't remember.

The bar in your hotel may show the game too.

To be safe you should give these places a call ahead of time so you know where you have to go to see the game.

BigRedDad
06-20-2011, 03:41 PM
I started off watching the game at the pool bar. Just as I ordered food, the pool area was shutdown. Everyone was told to head to Jake's or the Sushi bar. The sushi bar had no room and kind of snobish when several asked to watch the game. Jake's greeter said there is no room and to head else where. So, I sat with my DW and DD at an open table with her dirty look right next to the bar. The outside bar brought our food to us at Jake's and the greeter told us no outside food. I laughed a little more at her.

After the 1st period, she was gone and DW and DD went to bed. A family of 3 were watching it on the dinky TV behind the bar at Jake's. A new greeter had just walked by and I asked her very nicely if she could change the Yankee game on the bigger TV to the hockey game. She asked the manager and changed it. People were eating, so no sound. After the last group finished eating, period 3 was about to start. There were about 12-15 of us watching the game. I asked if they could turn the sound on and they did.

We had a blast watching because everyone was rooting for the Bruins. I am sure it would have been more fun hitting City Walk, but the T-Storms were very intense. Walking down there was simply not going to happen.

If I had one complaint about the trip it was definitely lack of things to do if a storm rolls in. They need to go into overdrive on activities indoors. Even if it is as simple as hop scotch. Just get something going on for the kids to do.

NJGIRL
06-20-2011, 04:51 PM
What a hassle! I wonder if it was because it was hockey and you were in FL, you were given such a hard time. :confused:

I can tell you that any bar in NJ would have had Game 7 on with the sound, no matter who was eating. :thedolls: