PDA

View Full Version : Post card stamps?

idreamofdisney
06-14-2011, 11:57 AM
My daughter wants to mail postcards while we are on vacation. Do they sell post card stamps at the giftshops or should I just buy some before we leave? Thank-you.

buzznwoodysmom
06-14-2011, 02:50 PM
We've always just used regular stamps. Not sure what kind of "post card" stamps your looking for. I keep stamps in my wallet so when on vacation I just use what I have on me.

wildernesslady
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
They were selling them in the Emporium when I was there in May. You may want to pack some just in cast.

gerald72
06-14-2011, 03:28 PM
"Post card" stamps cost 29 cents. Stamps for regular first-class letters cost 44 cents.

I also usually have a hard time finding the post card stamps, and end up using regular stamps.

buzznwoodysmom
06-14-2011, 05:42 PM
"Post card" stamps cost 29 cents. Stamps for regular first-class letters cost 44 cents.

I also usually have a hard time finding the post card stamps, and end up using regular stamps.

Wow, you learn something new every day. I've never heard of "post card" stamps. Maybe I've been living under a rock. LOL.

greengeen
06-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Yes, most of the gift shops sell them (since they sell postcards also). I would bring some with if it was me, just to be sure.

steamboat willy
06-15-2011, 08:22 AM
We also mail post cards to "Family" while vacationing at Disney. Everyone loves to get a DISNEY POSTCARD in the mail. I even mail one to DW even though she is at DISNEY with me. She loves to get the card when we collect our mail after returning home.
ALL Resorts have Postcard Stamps. We just buy what we need for number of cards we're sending back home. I would never take or use a regular stamp. Post Card Stamp from Resort! :thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
06-15-2011, 11:19 AM
we always get stamps from the resort gift shop while we are there for our post cards which get sent all the way back to the UK.
However we have gotten them from guests services in the past as well.
Of course not one post card arrives in the UK till after we get home.

sherriepaul
06-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Can you mail the postcards from your resort or the park? Or do you need to go somewhere special to mail them from? Thanks in advance!

faline
06-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Can you mail the postcards from your resort or the park? Or do you need to go somewhere special to mail them from? Thanks in advance!

Every resort has a mail slot somewhere around the lobby from which you can mail your postcards. There are also some mailboxes in the parks as well.

AllDisney
06-16-2011, 04:23 PM
We always bring stamps from home for our post cards. Most of the time when you buy your post cards, in a gift shop etc. they ask if you would like stamps as well:thumbsup:

flipadeeflop
06-16-2011, 05:13 PM
I've purchased postcard stamps from both the All-Star Resorts and a store just inside the entrance to MK where they also sell film and such. I've always mailed them from the resort too. There is a mailbox right next to the pay phones and the all star resorts

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-16-2011, 09:00 PM
We've always been able to find stamps at the resort gift shops - even stamps for Canada.

But, the mail from Disney takes FOREVER!! We always get home weeks before our postcards do.

Kairi_7378
06-16-2011, 09:31 PM
We've always been able to find stamps at the resort gift shops - even stamps for Canada.

But, the mail from Disney takes FOREVER!! We always get home weeks before our postcards do.

We've had this experience too. The last time my aunt visited WDW she mailed her postcards after she'd gotten home. (I know that's kind of silly!)

CanadianWDWFan
06-17-2011, 08:51 AM

Stamps are not an issue at all. As for delivery times, that is Canada Post.:D

Kathy Jetson
06-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Does Disney just have regular stamps or are they special Disney stamps?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-19-2011, 07:27 PM
They are just "regular" stamps :(