PDA

View Full Version : Great FL Adventure Part 6

EpcotChic23
06-14-2011, 10:56 AM
DH woke up @ 7am. He with my Dad and Brother are doing the Safari Treck in the AK this morning. My goal is to get to the rope drop with DD and DM and get DD on Dumbo and Pooh. DD wakes up around 730 which is perfect we have time to get dressed and have breakfest. We get to the MK at 830. We watch the opening show then with the masses move into the MK. We choose to go to Pooh first. We walked right on. DD loved it so much we walked right back on again. Then we walk to Dumbo it was 930 am and the wait is already 35 min:jaw: The way DD was acting the last couple of days I don't if she can handel a 35 min wait so we try and she was pretty good. I have not rode Dumbo since I was 5 so it was cool to be on it. Of course DD thought it was the coolest thing in the world. We were meeting the men at noon at the AK for lunch at the Yak and Yeti so we really did not have time to do anything else. Except when we were walking out DD saw the Carousel. There was no wait so we took her on it. Then we left MK took the monorail to CR and went to the bus depot there. There were huge crowds waiting for the buses. The AK bus pulls right up and I noticed not many people are going to it. I hear a gentelmen go to the driver and ask were the HS bus was that they were waiting 45 min. EEEEK good think I am not going to HS. We get to AK at no time and walk to the Yak and Yeti. Meanwhile we get a call from the men they are done and they will meet us there. We get to the resturant and DD has had it with her stroller and starts running around. She is not happy when we are called and we have to pick her up. The men loved the Safari trek. They said it would not be something I like b/c it has some physical elements to it. Like walking over a roap bridge 50 ft in the air while being hooked to a harnis. They also got to do a private tour of Kilamajaro Safari. They were lucky it was a stunning day High of 82. Lunch was yummy. Everyone enjoyed it. As soon as DD was done eating she was ready to run. We held her hand and let her walk out of the park. Unfortuantly we did not stay in AK. I wanted DD to take a nap and get some pool time today. Hopoing to have her get rid of some of this energy she has. DD falls asleep on the bus, but wakes up as soon as we get to the Poly. I had a huge headache and asked DH to take care of DD for a half hour so I can lay down just a bit. Fast foward an hour later I passed out. Once I wake up my dad and I take DD to the pool. DD loves water and the pool is great she can walk in on her own. While in the pool a little 5 year old starts talking to DD it is cute at first and DD loves it. DD starts splashing (she is almot 2) and the 5 year old does not like that and starts splashing me and my DD. I polietly told her to please stop and she doesnt listen. I am looking for a parent of this little girl hoping they can stop her but there is no one that looks like she belongs to. So I grab DD and let her play in the jumping fountains. I look at the time an remember we have 6pm rez in Epcot at Tutto Italy. So grab DD (who is not happy she has to leave the pool) to get dressed. I am hoping she used some of her energy up so she will be good in Epcot. My folks have a little later Rez in China so DD, DH and myself head to the TTC to go to Epcot. DD was good sitting in her stroller the whole ride on the monorail. Once we get to Epcot she wants out and she is making it LOUD and CLEAR! Once we get through the gates we take her out of the stroller, but she does not want to walk she wants me to carry her. Now DD is around 27 lbs and extremly long for her age meanwhile I am 5'2 110 lbs so I can't carry her a long time with out assistance. We start walking and I ask DH to grab DD for a little. DD starts screaming and does not want to go to him. We put her down to walk and she just lays on the ground and has a complete meltdown. At this point it is too late anything we do makes her freak out more. Meanwhile my parents and bro show up in future world and see what is going on. DD will go to my mom but my mom had a double knee replacement surgury in sept and can't carry dd for a long time. When she hands her to me DD starts screaming. I tell my folks go to their dinner and I tell DH to go to the resturant to inform they will be late. I am taking DD to first aid to make sure she doesnt have fever or something is bothering her. I walk into First Aid and they help us right away. The put us in a dark cool room with a rocking chair to take her temp. DD starts to calm down a little. They give her a craker to eat. DD has no temp. The nurse tells me there is nothing they can do. So we pack up and head to Italy. It was a long walk but we eventually got there. They seated us. Then DD started to have her outburst. We tried to give her juice and bread which calmed her down a little but she had to sit on my lap. We gave the waiter our order. DH takes DD out in the lobby and outside to run around a little. He comes in our apps are here. I eat mine and take DD to run around. Meanwhile my parents call they are almost done with dinner and did we need there help.........YES we do. We get back to the table once our meals are the DD does not want to eat. My dad shows up and takes her outside. By this point my DH and I lost our appatite. Eat a couple mouth fulls and ask for the check. Such a shame too b/c this is one of our favorite resturants. My dad takes DD and meets up with the rest of everyone and meanwhile DH and I stay back at Epcot to watch Illuminations. We have some time so we stroll around WS. We stop to get my fiesta Margarita:marg: grab our spot for Illuminations around 830. Illuminations is my favorite show.The show begins Next thing I know 10- 12 year old push there way (or their mom) in front of us. The couple next to us say something to them, but they don't speak English so they ignore him. BUMMER they kind of ruined Illuminations for me. The park closes after Illuminations so we walk out of the park. I am so mentally drained at this point. I can't figure out:confused: whats going on we DD she is such a great kid. I have never had issues with her. Is this the terrible twos....was a 2 week vacation too much for her? We get back to our room where DD is asleep in my bed. My dad said once they got back to the hotel she was good. She watched a movie on the beach with my dad for a little and ate some food. But she did give them a hard time in Epcot. Well tomorrow is our last full day in the world. I am hoping what ever is going on DD will be better tomorrow.

wildernesslady
06-14-2011, 02:44 PM
It is hard when little ones don't want to cooperate. It seems you are making the best of your time there. Hopefully your last day is a good one.

emerzmom
06-14-2011, 04:22 PM
It is so hard sometime with th little ones when they can't communicate what is wrong. I hope she was okay.
Thanks for the reports. I am enjoying hearing all about your trip.
:mickey:
Julie

KylesMom
06-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry - it sounds like today, with the exception of the Dumbo & Pooh rides - was very frustrating to you. It's hard not knowing how our little angels are going to react when they arrive at Disney - and being within the confines of a stroller with so much stimulation going on doesn't help when they just want to RUN. I hope that DD isn't coming down with something and you can have an enjoyable day tomorrow!

mouseketeer mom
06-14-2011, 06:32 PM
That is a tough situation with your DD, frustrating when she is acting up during your well laid plans!!! I remember those times, I thought they would never end. But they do. And far too soon. Sounds like you're making the best of it.

faline
06-15-2011, 06:57 PM
As wonderful as Disney World is, it can be tough place for little kids. Their routines are off and there's a lot of stimulation. Sorry it was a tough day for your family!

princessgirls
06-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Thankfully you were able to make the most of your day. Oh man....parenthood can be a roller-coaster. I think your daughter just had enough!!

Thanks for sharing the good bad and ugly!

Julie:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-17-2011, 10:48 AM
thanks for the report, could be DD was upset to be off her normal routine:confused:

pdrlkr
06-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: