PDA

View Full Version : Rapunzel becomes an official princess

WDWdriver
06-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Disney has announced that Rapunzel will become the 10th official Disney Princess. The coronation will take place in October at a celebration to be held at Kensington Palace in London.

A Disney spokesperson, Mary Beech, said in a press release ”Once Rapunzel becomes an official member of the Disney Princess court, she will be celebrated and recognized as such across Disney and will be included in all Disney Princess products featuring multiple characters, in addition to her own merchandise line. Plus, across all Disney Parks, Rapunzel will for the first time wear her royal tiara, stolen from the kingdom by Flynn Rider in the Tangled film."

DisneyGirl85
06-14-2011, 11:23 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her and the movie!

DizneyFreak2002
06-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Well, I read somewhere that the new Fantasyland bathrooms where the skyway used to be will be Rapunzel themed... Wondering how that will work out...

Pop Centurion
06-14-2011, 12:17 PM
It would be cool if the somehow had a trail leading through some brush making it hard to see ahead until you get to a clearing which contained the tower. the Rapunzel m&g could be there along with the tavern as a CS or snack location. Maybe even a dark boat ride that took you through the movie ending with the lantern scene.

KatrinaJ91
06-14-2011, 10:16 PM
love it! :cloud9:

Aurora
06-15-2011, 10:04 AM
When we were there last week the line to meet Rapunzel and Flynn Rider was crazy! It was easily more than an hour long -- it ran from the Fairytale Garden along the rail on the path to the castle and reached more than halfway up (and that is a long path)! She is going to be a very popular princess!

ValenciaCalling
06-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I think it would be a great use of space if they turned the old skyway station in fantasyland into her tower. It's right by the meet and greet area.

DisneyGirl85
06-16-2011, 12:31 PM
I think it would be a great use of space if they turned the old skyway station in fantasyland into her tower. It's right by the meet and greet area.

That would be a great idea! :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if Rapunzels Tower from the Flower & Garden Festival is still at Epcot?

jpH/keD
06-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Very cool promotion for Rapunzel! We LOVED The movie Tangled! SO she is # 10 huh? So do I have them correct....
1) Snow White
2) Cinderella
3) Aurora
4) Belle
5) Jasmine
7) Ariel
8) Mulan
9) Tiana
10) Rapunzel??

It still burns me up that Pocahontas is leftout!

DisneyPrincess21
06-17-2011, 01:30 AM
I just watched Tangled for the first time tonight and I LOVED IT!!!! it is one of my new top favorite movies! I am so excited to have Rapunzel added, I think she will make a great addition to the princess lineup! Does this mean that she will be featured at Cinderella's Royal Table also? If so, that might give me an "excuse" to go again :princess:

ValenciaCalling
06-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Very cool promotion for Rapunzel! We LOVED The movie Tangled! SO she is # 10 huh? So do I have them correct....
1) Snow White
2) Cinderella
3) Aurora
4) Belle
5) Jasmine
7) Ariel
8) Mulan
9) Tiana
10) Rapunzel??

It still burns me up that Pocahontas is leftout!

I googled what the 10 princesses were, and Disney does include Pocahontas. I think you just skipped 6. :blush:

flipadeeflop
06-17-2011, 11:07 AM
I still need to see this before we go in Sept!!! We also need to watch the Princess and the Frog!!! I should make a list of all the Disney movies we have to revisit and watch for the first time before we go!!!

Melanie
06-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Does anyone know if Rapunzels Tower from the Flower & Garden Festival is still at Epcot?

No, it is gone.

DisneyWitch
06-21-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm upset that the princesses don't let Alice play. My husband says she's not a princess but she could be princess of Wonderland. No one would mind, I'm sure. She just shouldn't be left out.

magicalmom
06-21-2011, 10:40 PM
The Princesses at Akershus told me that, although Alice isn't officially a princess, they always invite her to their slumber parties, because they really like her.

TinkerbellFan16
07-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Glad to hear it! But what I don't understand, is why Disney got rid of Flynn's face character right as they announce this. Hopefully they will bring him back. I want to see Rapunzel in all of her princess-dom with her prince.