PDA

View Full Version : Favorite restaurant at the AKL?

Kairi_7378
06-13-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm thinking of heading to the AKL on our AK day. I am trying to decide which of the restaurants to try... Jiko, Boma, or Sanaa. (I am leaning away from Boma because of the logistics of dealing with a buffet with a 2-year-old.) We are on the dining plan but I don't mind spending the 2 credits. We will be celebrating 2 birthdays on the trip.

Fastpasssteve
06-14-2011, 04:01 AM
I have had a couple of fabulous meals at Jiko. Fabulous. That being said, if I had to choose between Jiko and Boma for a trip, I would pick Boma. I love the food and atmosphere. (I would feel much more comfortable with a 2 year old at Boma - Jiko is a place where grown folk go for birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoons, romantic dinners)

Boma is a fun place to try new foods, knowing that you aren't married to any one menu item. If you don't like something, go back and get something different. They also have the usual things for young tastes (chicken nuggets, mac and cheese...) Your whole family would have a great time, wouldn't have to 'dress up', and would get to explore foods different than what you find at home. Isn't that what a vacation is about, finding things differently than at home?

darthmacho
06-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Considering you have a 2-year old, I agree Boma would be your best choice, though it's the only one I've tried. My daughter was 2 when we ate there, and it worked out well.
Some day I'll try the others. They sound fabulous. :mickey:

SBETigg
06-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Sanaa! It's our new favorite. Good food, not a buffet, and a view of animals while you eat, which is sure to please everyone, including the two year old.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-14-2011, 09:49 AM
We were in the minority and weren't overly impressed by Boma, it was okay just not great for us....with a 2 year old, I would go with Sanaa especially seeing all the recent wonderful reviews.....

Kairi_7378
06-14-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm leaning towards Sanaa- I forgot to mention that the 2-year-old likes Indian food! Thank you all for your help!

DVC2004
06-14-2011, 07:43 PM
JIKO! One of the best- kept secrets at WDW! Although with a 2 year I would say Sanaa is also a good choice. I am not into buffets, no Boma.

badkitty
06-14-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm leaning towards Sanaa- I forgot to mention that the 2-year-old likes Indian food! Thank you all for your help!

I would definitely pick Sanaa then. (My favorite at WDW!) :thumbsup:

AllDisney
06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
I love Jiko, but I think with a 2 yr old I'd go with Sanaa. We are not a buffet family either.

ThanxForNoticin
06-16-2011, 01:01 PM
You can't go wrong with any of the restaurants at AKL - all are excellent. Enjoy Sanaa! Something to think about. Depending on the time of day you want to eat there, your 2 year-old might love the chance to see the animals from your table at Sanaa while you're eating. It's the only restaurant at AKL that can offer that view. If you get there after dark, that doesn't work too well, as you can imagine!! Just a thought. Enjoy your dinner.