PDA

View Full Version : 4th Of July Week

goofybiz
06-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Just how bad are the crowds for this upcoming week. Was able to make many dining reservations so it would appear that it can't be that bad. Just want to make sure before completing reservations:confused:

mechanic
06-13-2011, 09:54 PM
heavy crowds but very doable. there last year and will be there this year too. lots of s.american tour groups. lots of heat. use fastpasses and stay late on nights with extra magic hour. was able to get on "e" rides several times each day. also it rains almost every afternoon in july.

DizneyRox
06-13-2011, 11:03 PM
The past few years, the crowds have been lighter than they used to be, however they are still heavy.

Fastpasses for Soarin, Test Track and Toy Story will probably be gone by 1pm, maybe sooner.

Heat is bad, but managable, just drink LOTS of water. I'm about 40oz in by 11am, if you're thirsty, it's too late. DRINK UP!

Fireworks are decent, MK does the same show on the 3rd and 4th. Epcot, only does their 4th show on the 4th. MK is a ZOO! If you're not in the park a couple hours before the fireworks, I wouldn't bother. We showed up about 45 minutes prior on the 3rd one year and our view of the fireworks was from under the trainstation. That's as far as we managed to get up Main Street.

Epcot holds crowds much better... I used to tell people to get there early and DO NOT LEAVE, however I'm not sure that's necessary anymore. As mentioned, crowds are lighter now, and I've not heard anyone here comlain about not being able to get into a park later in the day. You will probably hit some level of closure, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

goofybiz
06-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Is it really that bad, and when selecting from Beach Club or Yacht Club, which one???

jdpip
06-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I guess I'm a wimp because I just can't enjoy myself when I'm dripping with sweat all day and it feels like 100 degrees!! I have that here at home!

disneygirl1976
06-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Prior to the birth of our daughter, we traveled to Disney every year during the 4th of July. We are teachers so summer is our only option for vacation and our anniversary is July 12th so it works for us. Typically, we leave our room by 7:30 for breakfast then head to the park. We try to take advantage of the EMH but really, lines are not ridiculous until the late morning and early afternoon. Rides that typically need FP are a must for this time of year but there are just as many rides and shows that you can walk into. Most lines are about a 20 minute wait, sometimes 40 (This obviously doesn't include the thrill rides or the rides typically requiring FP). We always go back to the room around 12;30-1pm for lunch, a swim and a nap. We then return to a park around 4pm. The heat does zap your energy but if you take advantage of going back to the resort for naptime/swimtime, you will be refreshed and revived.

As for the Beach or Yacht Club .... I can only speak for the Beach Club. We went there in '09 to the Cape May Cafe and it was superb. We also enjoyed the atmosphere and relaxed/soothing colors of the resort.

Good luck and have fun in Disney!:mickey: