PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic restored to every night July 6th through Sept 30th

Pop Centurion
06-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Just read this on another site that Fantasmic is being restored to showing every night starting July 6th until Sept 30th. No word if it will continue beyond that.

DizneyRox
06-13-2011, 07:51 PM
YAY! It's about time!

I know they are doing this because they know I'm not going to be there. That, or they need the attendence boost, like they did last year with the Summer Nightastic!

princessgirls
06-13-2011, 08:31 PM
The studios has nothing going on at night. People leave when Fantasmic isn't showing.

Maybe I'll have a shot at seeing it! It's been a few years!!!

Julie:mickey:

PopPhan
06-14-2011, 08:14 AM
This is excellent news! Along with the additional showings of Fantasmic!, they have added a number of hours to the DHS park schedule -- where (for our September trip) the park would close at 7 most nights (10 for EMH evenings), it will now be open until 9 every night (12 midnight for EMH evenings)

Gotta love changes that benefit the visitors!! :D

DizneyRox
06-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Maybe there was some backlash on the word of $85 a day for a ticket and the parks closing early with no nighttime show.

cer
06-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Wow. This is big news.

And the other posters are right. There is nothing going on there at night if there is no show.

Stu29573
06-14-2011, 11:34 AM
You know, this is slightly off topic, but my wife and I have pretty much decided the Studios are a half day park for us. We don't do the big thrills, so we hit The Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Muppets, maybe draw something at the gutted animation building. Since it's tough to get into Midway Mania, we generally skip it as well, and we don't bother with the (also gutted) backlot tour. We sometimes will do Indy, but were bored to tears over Lights Motors, Inaction. I don't think Fantasmic is enough to keep us there, having seen it plenty of times. It would be nice if Disney put a nice dark ride in there or anything that would appeal to non-little kid or teeny bopper set. Star Tours 2 is a huge improvement, but we need more!

princessgirls
06-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Maybe there was some backlash on the word of $85 a day for a ticket and the parks closing early with no nighttime show.

YA THINK??????? Out of all the parks, the studios would be the one I'd least likely to do for a day. Honestly.
We did one day in Disney last year with the nephews, as we were in Orlando for a week. I know a cast member and he was more than happy to get us all in for the day. For my one day choice it would ALWAYS be Magic Kingdom. Bonus of a cast member friend ticket...it comes with a hopper option, so we hit Epcot at night. It was the highlight of my trip!!!

You make me laugh Rox!
Julie:mickey:

DizneyRox
06-14-2011, 03:06 PM
You know, this is slightly off topic, but my wife and I have pretty much decided the Studios are a half day park for us.
You're not alone. We go to MGM for lunch at 50's Prime Time and we're gone usually. I don't think we've been able to see Fantasmic since it went "seasonal", and it's probably our favorite nighttime show.

I can't imagine spending more than a few hours at MGM. As mentioned, almost everything is gutted and just doesn't have much re-ridability. Used to love the backlot tour when they had Jim Henson's Creature Shop, etc. Used to love the animation studio when people worked there. Used to love Indiana Jones when it wasn't 30 years old. The park is tired...

Stu29573
06-14-2011, 06:13 PM
You're not alone. We go to MGM for lunch at 50's Prime Time and we're gone usually. I don't think we've been able to see Fantasmic since it went "seasonal", and it's probably our favorite nighttime show.

I can't imagine spending more than a few hours at MGM. As mentioned, almost everything is gutted and just doesn't have much re-ridability. Used to love the backlot tour when they had Jim Henson's Creature Shop, etc. Used to love the animation studio when people worked there. Used to love Indiana Jones when it wasn't 30 years old. The park is tired...

Yep, tired is a good word for it. Along with worn out...

Christine
06-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Hooray on the fantasmic news!! We really enjoy it, but had given up on it after the 1-2 showtimes a week made for crowd hysteria that was too much for us to risk life & limb for! ;)

marlyn
06-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Yay!!! We lI've Fantasmic! I'm so glad it will be nightly. Hope this continues !!

laprana
06-15-2011, 05:07 PM
This is great news for anyone who has trips coming up! I wish it had been showing every night for our trip May 28-June 8. We tried to see it twice (on two different nights). The first night we got to the park about an hour before Fantasmic was starting and they were already announcing that the show was filled to capacity! The second night, we got there an hour and a half before the show and they were announcing that it was already standing room only! :( That was our last night of the trip, so we didn't get to see Fantasmic at all! We'll be sure to get there 2 hours early on our next trip if we want to see it and to sit down for the show!

Stickey
06-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Finally, the error has been corrected! This move likely resulted from the launch of the updated Star Tours. :darth:

TheVBs
06-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Good news! Although, I've always thought it was a shame that a limited number of people can see this show. Why not have an evening show at that park that everyone can enjoy like we can at MK or Epcot? :confused: