PDA

View Full Version : What does a PIN code look like?

DisneyDINK
06-13-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm one of those people who doesn't beileve PIN codes exist. I've read about all of these people getting them, but, like many of us, I never have. There have been many discussions regarding how one might get on the mailing list , etc., but that's not what I want to know.

My question is: When you get a PIN in the mail, what does it look like? The envelope? Letter or Postcard? What color is it? Smell like a Dole Whip? Any info? Does it come with any other marketing info/brochures?

You can also get them via email, right? What does the email look like? Who's the sender? Title of the email? Graphics?

Always wondered, and proabaly always will... :sad:

brivers222
06-13-2011, 01:30 PM
its a FIGMENT of our imagination.....

i have yet to see one as well.

Dulcee
06-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I had NEVER gotten them, then I started following some tips I found here on intercot and I get email ones about ever 4-6 months. (Not that I've been able to use them, sigh.)

The emailed ones that I've gotten come from sender Disney Destinations. Very colorful emails, the latest one I got had a board game theme going on with it, tag line along the lines of you made a move now its our turn.. The subject of the email is generally something along the lines of Check out this magical offer, X family!

Anyway, as far as getting them. Designing the free maps and having them mailed home almost always gets me one. Creating a disney package and then saving it to come back to later as well as ordering the planning video.

I too thought they were a figment but if you spend enough time on their website it seems to work. :)

CajunDisneyDad
06-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Funny thing is... I have gotten a few, and DW has gotten them too...AT THE SAME TIME:party: I dont think we have ever used them either...oh wait yes we did, we got one a few years back that we used at Christmas time

Its from Disney Destinations and like the previous poster said it had a game board on it and some other things. I had gotten reduced room and DW got free dining lol.

Disney4
06-13-2011, 02:42 PM
I can't say what triggers them but I finally started getting PIN codes via email right after my trip last November. I have been going to DLR or WDW 2-3 times a year for nearly 20 years.

The only thing that I did differently with my last trip was to utilize a bounceback offer. Maybe that triggered it.

I used a PIN for my trip coming up in a couple of weeks. I always assumed that being an AP holder probably reduced the number of offers that I receive, since Disney knows I am coming back anyways!

joonyer
06-13-2011, 03:28 PM
The PIN offers are either an e-mail or snail-mail colorful brochure pamphlet. They will have an offer or offers for discount accommodations or free dining and will contain a reference to a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that is supposed to only be able to be used by the addressee when booking the offer.

I regularly get both e-mail and snail-mail PIN offers, but I don't think anyone really knows how one gets on the mailing list. Only Disney's computer knows.

brivers222
06-20-2011, 10:48 AM
it appears the same amount of love that i have for disney is the same amount of hatred their computers have for me.....

Silver_Surfer
06-20-2011, 11:48 AM
LOL I got pin codes and didn't know it. I thought you get the codes after booking a trip.

princessgirls
06-20-2011, 11:51 AM
I've gotten PIN codes in the mail in the form of both a postcard and brochure.
Most come to me through my e-mail

No there is no rhyme or reason to why Disney does or does not send them. Here are a few of my very own theories:

Disney Visa Card Holder
Registered on WDW's website
Have used a pincode 2X in the past (don't know if they track)
Has done the dreaded research survey e-mails

Julie:mickey:

Ed
06-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Here are a few of my very own theories:

Disney Visa Card Holder
Registered on WDW's website
Have used a pincode 2X in the past (don't know if they track)
Has done the dreaded research survey e-mails

Doubt it. :nono:

Disney Visa card - - have had one for years
Registered on virtually every Disney website
Have done more online surveys than I can count
DVC member w/5 different contracts
Been going to WDW and DL since 1973
Been on 5 DCL cruises, with 6th coming up soon

And I still have NEVER gotten a PIN code. :mad:

Perhaps I should change my deodorant... :shrug:

princessgirls
06-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Doubt it. :nono:

Disney Visa card - - have had one for years
Registered on virtually every Disney website
Have done more online surveys than I can count
DVC member w/5 different contracts
Been going to WDW and DL since 1973
Been on 5 DCL cruises, with 6th coming up soon

And I still have NEVER gotten a PIN code. :mad:

Perhaps I should change my deodorant... :shrug:

Ed,
That is so strange....Seriously....Now I really wonder what database they use to send these out from. I am not a big player here...Not a DVC owner or do multi-visits per year. I'm intrigued... Can it be that random??????

Buttercup
06-20-2011, 01:55 PM
My guess is they base it on geographic location. It seems like whenever I get one, about 10 other Canadian friends get one as well.

Daisy712
06-20-2011, 02:44 PM
it appears the same amount of love that i have for disney is the same amount of hatred their computers have for me.....

Sounds like my household. We have gone so many times, the computer must see us as a sure thing. The only pin codes we have received were for those guests that we have taken with us. Unfortunately, even though they came to my email address they were addressed to my guest, so I was not eligible to use them. "sigh"

faline
06-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Sounds like my household. We have gone so many times, the computer must see us as a sure thing. The only pin codes we have received were for those guests that we have taken with us. Unfortunately, even though they came to my email address they were addressed to my guest, so I was not eligible to use them. "sigh"

Even that doesn't explain it. We've gone every year for a number of years now and have also received a number of pin codes (though they do seem to have dried up since we purchased Disney Vacation club). And, yes, we've also received pin codes at our address for a guest we took with us.

MOJoe
06-21-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm holding one in my hand right now. It is a tri-folded 11x17 color brochure. The front has a picture of kids having fun riding Tea Cups. The back has my name and address with a heading "Save up to 40% on a stay at select Walt Disney Resort Hotels." The pin number is right below that and highlighted in yellow. It's from Disney Destinations, P.O. Box 10500, Lake Buena Vista, FL. 32830.

Inside are photos of different resorts and other images from WDW. It lists available dates for the discounts, and also special events like Food and Wine, Mickey's NSS Halloween Party, ect.

At the bottom is the phone number and the expiration date for the offer.

Also, in small print is an address to write if you wish to discontinue receiving promotional material. Well.....That's Not Gonna Happen! :mickey:

DisneyDINK
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
I've enjoyed reading ALL of the replies, even thought I was only asking what they look like, not how to get them!

Thanks all!

BTW, how many digits is the PIN?

tdk316
06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
If all else fails, call and ask them if you have a pin code assigned to your name. I never get the emails or glossy brochures, but when I call, there is one assigned to my name that we can apply to whatever trip we're planning. :mickey:

HeadFairyInCharge
06-23-2011, 12:41 PM
I have been twice to Disney World December 2008 and again November 2010. Seems after the research and saving my info online last trip finally got me in the system. We went last Fall during the Free Dining Offer Dates and really went all out. Came home and a few months later maybe March 2011 got a Large Tri-Fold Brochure from Disney for a Free Dining offer and to my surprise it was for April 2011...Now we were just there in November so we didn't use the offer, but I finally got one.
Then just yesterday,:wave::tink: June 2011 received another, like the one described as a board game, colorful and had the information on time of year and everything I had saved in my recent trip pricing. Giving details on whats going on this November, It's 30% off of Select Disney Resort Hotels....Not bad !:cool: Now if I could convince the husband to actually go back every year and not every 2 years in between we'd be all set ! :mickey: I definitely think it's linked to the Disney website and creating an account and also do a few searches on trips and save them. It works.

micky95
06-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I've enjoyed reading ALL of the replies, even thought I was only asking what they look like, not how to get them!

Thanks all!

BTW, how many digits is the PIN?

like one poster said their colorful tri fold brochures.all the replies are because no one knows how they get them or can start getting them.my dw and i get a couple a year .were ap holders but was getting them before that .we go 2 to 6 times a year ,sometimes we stay on property or in kissimee. we ALWAYS get asked to take a survey by cm.now whether its based on where you stay or are your an ap holder or you take a survey i dont know.I''ll just have to believe its MAGIC.:mickey:

mickeefan
06-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I believe what you are looking for is as follows;

I just received another yesterday and it came from [email protected]
It was a colorful email listing various specials.
You have to look closely for the pin number. It can easily be overlooked.
The pin number I received was 5 numbers, space, 5 numbers,space and then five numbers.

Hope this helps you.

JoshGrobanfan
07-03-2011, 12:31 AM
If all else fails, call and ask them if you have a pin code assigned to your name. I never get the emails or glossy brochures, but when I call, there is one assigned to my name that we can apply to whatever trip we're planning. :mickey:

So do you just call the main reservation number and ask them? If that is the case, I will be calling on Tuesday! :). Thanks!