PDA

View Full Version : Parking

alykat821
06-13-2011, 06:44 AM
This will be my first time visiting Disney, and was wondering if there are places to park for free, I am not staying at a resort and don't want to pay for parking if I don't have to. We do have shuttles from the hotel, but only certain times of the day, but there will be times that I would like to go to the park and take a break in the afternoon.

Strmchsr
06-13-2011, 07:45 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

If you're asking about free parking to get into the parks, no. All parking that gets you into the parks is pay parking so you would either have to pay or take one of your hotel shuttles.

Melanie
06-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Theme park day guests have to pay parking. Free parking is a perk for staying onsite.

disneymom15
06-13-2011, 09:28 AM
:welcome:

DizneyRox
06-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Parking was $14 a day last I checked, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that went up this weekend as well.

Anyone know?

Mickey'sGirl
06-13-2011, 10:57 AM
This will be my first time visiting Disney, and was wondering if there are places to park for free, I am not staying at a resort and don't want to pay for parking if I don't have to. We do have shuttles from the hotel, but only certain times of the day, but there will be times that I would like to go to the park and take a break in the afternoon.
You would not have to pay twice to park in one day. If you pay once in the morning, you can use your receipt to "re-park" at either the park you are visiting, or at another WDW theme park for no extra charge.

steamboat willy
06-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Each PARK has it's own set of Toll Booths that you pay as you drive thru to park. Resort guest are waved on through with a smile. Buses and other shuttles are waved on through as well. Off-site day guest still get the smile, but also the hand out the window collecting the $14 bucks for each day's visit.:cool:
Only Free Parking is a Disney Resort guest! ;)

alykat821
06-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks everyone, I kind of figured that parking would cost but thought that I would ask. We do have shuttles from the hotel that we are staying at just wanted options in case the parks get to much and want to take a break.

I do have a character breakfast reservation would I have to pay for parking to get to the hotel? And can I park at the resort or would I have to move?

brivers222
06-14-2011, 04:47 PM
I do have a character breakfast reservation would I have to pay for parking to get to the hotel? And can I park at the resort or would I have to move?

From my experience you don't have to pay for parking if you have a resort character dinner (or other dinner at the resort) you just let the gate keep know you are there for "so and so dinner" and he will point you in the right direction. We always have "hawiian shirt days" on friday and book 'Ohana breakfast and 'Ohana dinner.... when offsite we never paid to park at the poly for this day.

this year however we are on site to parking fees are null and void.

faline
06-14-2011, 05:43 PM
When parking at resorts, it is not meant to be used for the entire day. You should receive a 3 hour parking pass to cover the time you are at your breakfast.

Strmchsr
06-14-2011, 05:57 PM
When parking at resorts, it is not meant to be used for the entire day. You should receive a 3 hour parking pass to cover the time you are at your breakfast.

Yep and I've noticed here lately they are definitely starting to enforce that. I guess there were a good many folks trying to use the resort to park for the parks.

DizneyRox
06-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Yep and I've noticed here lately they are definitely starting to enforce that. I guess there were a good many folks trying to use the resort to park for the parks.Since they are trying to wrestle every last penny from guests, I wouldn't be surprised to see them step up enforcement. Making a deal to split the profits with local towing companies would make perfect sense. I would bet the revenue in towing cars from all the resorts would/could keep a few places in business. It would certainly be cheaper to park legally, and Disney gets 100% of that.

Polynesian Dweller
06-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Since they are trying to wrestle every last penny from guests, I wouldn't be surprised to see them step up enforcement. Making a deal to split the profits with local towing companies would make perfect sense. I would bet the revenue in towing cars from all the resorts would/could keep a few places in business. It would certainly be cheaper to park legally, and Disney gets 100% of that.

Oh please, it's about monorail resort guests having increasing problems parking at their home resort. And it is becoming a larger problem the resort lots simply can't accommodate people who want to go to the parks.

brivers222
06-20-2011, 10:44 AM
In october we could have just parked at the GF and Poly all day because we weren't given any more attention then an asking what we were there for and a wave through... I never once was given a 3 hour parking pass.

But what i did notice was just how packed those parking lots were... we barely were able to find a spot for dinners, let alone if we were even staying there.

Now that we are staying onsite, i hope they are enforcing the parking better than they have in the past. Heck in '04 we had to give the gate dude our DL and our Ressie number to get past... nothing was asked other than a verbal confirmation of what we were there for.

Melanie
06-20-2011, 06:46 PM
In october we could have just parked at the GF and Poly all day because we weren't given any more attention then an asking what we were there for and a wave through... I never once was given a 3 hour parking pass.

And just to relay our experiences...we've been local for 2 years now. We often go over and visit various resorts for shopping, eating or seeing decorations, and never once have we been given a pass or told that our time to park there was limited. But we follow protocol and park in the theme park lots when visiting the parks.

Strmchsr
06-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Folks - just a word of caution on this thread - The Intercot TOS does not condone suggesting ways to cheat the system. The rule is you pay to park. Period. Any posts suggesting ways around that will be deleted.

Wright46
06-22-2011, 01:15 PM
On my last visit we stayed offsite and spent a few nights visiting the Boardwalk and one at the Poly. Each time we were asked to show ID by the security guard at each security booth. Each time, they just quickly glanced at the ID and sent us on our way. I'm not sure if this is new or not and I'm wondering what the purpose of looking at the ID is?

Wells
06-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I suggest that the TOS be amended to not allow the words "Disney" and "Free" to be used in the same sentence because that will never make sense.......;)

DizneyRox
06-22-2011, 02:54 PM
That's why I use: "free"

Strmchsr
06-22-2011, 04:30 PM
That's why I use: "free"

Yep. Me too. As in "free" dining.