PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Question

WhereIsTigger?
06-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Ok, I know it's a Disney World site but... I've been wanting to take my wife to Disneyland in December to see the Christmas decorations. We've been to WDW many times and figured it would be fun to see the "other" Disney.

Does anyone have some experiences/thoughts on hotels on site at Disneyland? I think we'd probably only be there for a couple days and would like to make it a memorable trip.

Thanks!

EllieMae
06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
I think that the Grand Californian is wonderful! We stayed there 6 years ago and will be going back for Halloween this October. The lobby is very grand with large fireplaces and rocking chairs (think Wilderness Lodge) but with an Arts and Crafts style of architecture. The location can't be beat either, there is a back gate to California Adventure park right outside of a back door of the hotel lobby and Disneyland park is a 5 minute walk from the front. I haven't been to the other on-site hotels as Disneyland but I would definitely recommend the Grand Californian:mickey:

brownie
06-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Sending you to the Disneyland Accommodations forum with this, you'll probably get a better response there.

Disney4us2
06-12-2011, 11:19 PM
The Grand Californian's lobby is incredible at Christmas time. Haven't seen DLH or PP in a long time. If it is only for a couple of days and can swing it. I would stay at the Grand Californian. DLH would be my second choice.

Disneyland it self is transformed into a winter wonderland. Main Street is very decorative. The castle is adorned with lights. There are reindeer at Big Thunder Ranch. They have the Christmas parade. At least last year it was not part of any parties, and was a regular scheduled parade. Can't say if there will be anything like they have at WDW with the Christmas parties.

Don't know how much decorations will be at DCA because of the construction. Last year they had a tree near Ariel's Grotto.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

tinkwest
06-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Another vote for GCH at Christmastime. The lobby is decorated beautifully. And the walk through Downtown Disney on your way to Disneyland (and back again) is especially pretty with all the trees lit up at night.

Carol
06-13-2011, 07:45 AM
If it's a special trip and money is not a deciding factor - Grand Californian all the way!

robnadina
06-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Grand Californian gets another vote. Its where we stay every year when we visit for Christmas. The tree in the lobby is beautiful and with the roaring fireplace also very homey.
Christmas is my favorite time at Disneyland. Wherever you stay, you will be happy with your choice.

BrerGnat
06-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Grand Californian is an amazing resort! If you can swing it, DO IT! We've stayed there four times now and it is always a treat. We were there last December for a few days prior to Christmas and it was beautiful, cozy, and we loved hearing the piano in the lobby playing Holiday music and listening to the Carolers singing every night.

Disneyland Hotel would come in a close second, though. The entire hotel is undergoing a complete renovation and it's really amazing now (the stuff that's done). It is scheduled to be fully complete on 11/11/11, so if you come after that, it will be all done.

I can't recommend Paradise Pier. We stayed there once and that was enough. Just this past weekend, we ate at Napa Rose and parked our car at the PP and as we walked through it, DH mentioned that Disney really dropped the ball on that hotel, and he never wanted to stay there again.

For a VERY special treat, have dinner at Napa Rose. INCREDIBLE food and service and the restaurant is beautiful! We just enjoyed a great 10th anniversary dinner there last weekend. Napa Rose = :cloud9:

WhereIsTigger?
06-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Sending you to the Disneyland Accommodations forum with this, you'll probably get a better response there.

My fault. I've always assumed intercot was Disney World only. I should have looked a bit harder. Sorry!

WhereIsTigger?
06-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Sounds like Grand Californian is my option. Time to start saving!

Thanks for all the replies. :mickey: